Cannot believe the lack of respect for Levitre from this board

I agree.

I don't think disrespect is the right word to use in poster's attitude towards Levitre.

What gets me is how some poster's here appear to think that Levitre's departure is not that big a loss, rationalizing that Offensive Guards are a dime a dozen, and that it's the easiest position to place.

To me that is astounding. For a long time now, specifically from 2000-2010, the Offensive Line for the Bills has been a mess. Now for the past couple of seasons the O-Line has become a strength, and I hate seeing it broken apart.

That is my issue. Maybe the Bills did not want to spend that much on Levitre, or maybe Levitre wanted to cash in no matter where he ended up. Fine. Things like that happen.

I hate to see it, because I think the Bills lost a good player, and now have a need to fill at LG, which has been made a bigger issue now that they have also lost Chad Rinehardt. Who does that leave us with right now? David Snow? Colin Brown? Zebrie Sanders? Keith Williams?

Good Grief!

Amen. The only positions I was confident about were Byrd, RB, Oline, Dline,SJ. We were swiss cheese before the offensive line was eviscerated. Why create another gaping hole? And by drastically weakening our oline, we are now jeopardizing our strength at RB(and Spillers health). Also any QB walking into this **** show will be running for their lives looking for a qualified #2 WR to throw to. Spare me "we still have the draft and free agency is not over". There are way too many holes. Nix has been here 3 years. Any team can be turned around in 3 years- its an inditement on Nix. We are not improving, we are regressing. Same old Bills, same old Bills ways

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's all well and good, but Polian also had certainty at the most important position on the field, plus Bruce Smith while he was in Buffalo. It's a lot easier to build out the rest of the team, and to "slot" the other guys when you're anchored by Hall of Famers. If you lose somebody, you can always say, "sure, but I still have Manning (or Kelly)." Not downplaying his achievements, but still. I think the Bills let go of a guy who will now get All Pro recognition. We'll see whom is proven right there.

There are certain player that are difficult to find---so you sign and keep them whenever possible.

pass rushing LB/DE. blind spot OT, shut down iso CB are three positions that you pay a high price for.

Guard are easily replaceable. I look at Guards as the hockey's version of 4th lines, or baseballs version of utility players.....they are easily replaceable.

in terms of OL salaies....blind side OT> other OT> Center> Guards> utility OL players

There are certain player that are difficult to find---so you sign and keep them whenever possible.

pass rushing LB/DE. blind spot OT, shut down iso CB are three positions that you pay a high price for.

Guard are easily replaceable. I look at Guards as the hockey's version of 4th lines, or baseballs version of utility players.....they are easily replaceable.

in terms of OL salaies....blind side OT> other OT> Center> Guards> utility OL players

I dont know sh about football. (Actually I do)

I agree with the bolded part.

The only stupid part is that we may use our #1 draft for a guard now..... At least that's what some experts believe we will do.. Nfl.com mock central. Stupid or funny? I can't tell the difference.

If we had the cap space it is my opinion that we should have resigned him regardless of the high asking price.

Repeat the mantra.

It does little to hide a couple of facts. The Bills spent a lot of time trying to fill the LG position after Ruben Brown and they even wasted a ton of money on the likes of Derrick Dockery (which indirectly led to the Jason Peters situation and Eugene Parker facing off with Russ Brandon). Secondly, the Bills, despite knowing that they were probably going to lose Levitre, had no one in the bag as a replacement. Compare this to the Patriots failure to re-sign Wes Welker and how quickly they snapped up the next guy in line. Heck, the Bills even lost out on their own backup LG while the better guards were getting snapped up. "Easily replaced" is a good sound bite, but it implies there actually is a replacement.

And, before we go down the path of "the draft has lots of OL talent", the Bills simultaneously put themselves behind the 8 ball in the QB position. If they throw all their draft chips to chase Geno Smith up the draft board, when do they tap this OL talent?

In Buddy, we trust. B-)

Repeat the mantra.

It does little to hide a couple of facts. The Bills spent a lot of time trying to fill the LG position after Ruben Brown and they even wasted a ton of money on the likes of Derrick Dockery (which indirectly led to the Jason Peters situation and Eugene Parker facing off with Russ Brandon). Secondly, the Bills, despite knowing that they were probably going to lose Levitre, had no one in the bag as a replacement. Compare this to the Patriots failure to re-sign Wes Welker and how quickly they snapped up the next guy in line. Heck, the Bills even lost out on their own backup LG while the better guards were getting snapped up. "Easily replaced" is a good sound bite, but it implies there actually is a replacement.

And, before we go down the path of "the draft has lots of OL talent", the Bills simultaneously put themselves behind the 8 ball in the QB position. If they throw all their draft chips to chase Geno Smith up the draft board, when do they tap this OL talent?

In Buddy, we trust. B-)

So then there is nothing the Bills can do at LG at this point that would ease your concern I guess.

GO BILLS!!!

So then there is nothing the Bills can do at LG at this point that would ease your concern I guess.

GO BILLS!!!

:lol: They could pull off a trade for a QB. That would address a gaping hole.

But yeah, kicking back, saying "Buddy has a plan", taking another hit on the bong, and "knowing" they'll make a bunch of great moves seems highly likely.

Super Bowl!

I mean really! People complaining about Levitre's departure. Then, to top it off, they start a thread whining about the "loss" of Chad Rhinehart (Rhinehard) (Rhynehardt) (Rindehardtt). Now some are suggesting we look into Willie's Colon, for crying out loud. Yet no love for CBrown...dude's a mauler! Give him a chance!

Not sure if you're kidding or not, but I actually agree with you and I posted something to this effect yesterday. If you trust Buddy picking up mid-round draft picks from other teams' practice squads with good measurables (see: Urbik, Rinehart, Chandler) then there's no reason to think Colin Brown won't be more than servicable. David Snow looked decent at the end of last year too. I have a sneaking suspicion that the Bills' OL is gonna be just fine and people will realize that Nix made the right call not re-signing Levitre.

I mean really! People complaining about Levitre's departure. Then, to top it off, they start a thread whining about the "loss" of Chad Rhinehart (Rhinehard) (Rhynehardt) (Rindehardtt). Now some are suggesting we look into Willie's Colon, for crying out loud. Yet no love for CBrown...dude's a mauler! Give him a chance!

I see what you did there :)

Not sure if you're kidding or not, but I actually agree with you and I posted something to this effect yesterday. If you trust Buddy picking up mid-round draft picks from other teams' practice squads with good measurables (see: Urbik, Rinehart, Chandler) then there's no reason to think Colin Brown won't be more than servicable. David Snow looked decent at the end of last year too. I have a sneaking suspicion that the Bills' OL is gonna be just fine and people will realize that Nix made the right call not re-signing Levitre.

ill keep saying it - interior lineman have been handled very well so far. it gives me a degree of faith that there was a plan in place and it didnt include levitre at 8m and that it may still be ok.