Cannot believe the lack of respect for Levitre from this board

Not sure if you're kidding or not, but I actually agree with you and I posted something to this effect yesterday. If you trust Buddy picking up mid-round draft picks from other teams' practice squads with good measurables (see: Urbik, Rinehart, Chandler) then there's no reason to think Colin Brown won't be more than servicable. David Snow looked decent at the end of last year too. I have a sneaking suspicion that the Bills' OL is gonna be just fine and people will realize that Nix made the right call not re-signing Levitre.

Yep, brown's a beast now he just needs to stay healthy.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean really! People complaining about Levitre's departure. Then, to top it off, they start a thread whining about the "loss" of Chad Rhinehart (Rhinehard) (Rhynehardt) (Rindehardtt). Now some are suggesting we look into Willie's Colon, for crying out loud. Yet no love for CBrown...dude's a mauler! Give him a chance!

Great thread, and I had no idea Colin was once a member of the Pittsburgh Maulers of the USFL. One of my favorite sports nicknames that has not been used since. What do Maulers do? They just maul anything and everything in their path ... man, woman, child, animal ... anything. And as I recall, the last time we got a lineman from that league, it worked out pretty well.

Seriously, I think he played at Texas, and the last time we took a chance on an O-lineman from there, it worked out ... kind of bad actually. Same goes for corner and backup QB ... oh wait, David Snow was a longhorn, not Colin (Missouri).

Buddy is outstanding at finding OL scraps, and I do remember Keith Williams from Nebraska being a practice squad guy they liked ... he's still here. So Colin/Keith might as well get a good look to join the 5-man Wolfpack vs. a modestly priced FA OG.

Either way, $8M/yr is way too much for a very good, very versatile LG who even tweets pics of jerseys he is about to donate that include his naked & talented g/f.