Levitre signs with Titans

Mango

If the Bills let Levitre walk, and he signs 8 mil per year somewhere else, would we be happy if we where able to sign Vasquez and Laron Landry both around 5-6mil per year. Essentially we'd be trading Levitre for a comparable Gaurd and starting SS.

What about if we sign Landry and DeVito and no Vasquez? I think I would make the first move all day. Urbik is our best blocker on paper anyways.

Just to note I would like to keep Levitre at a reasonable 7.5 per cieling.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Bills let Levitre walk, and he signs 8 mil per year somewhere else, would we be happy if we where able to sign Vasquez and Laron Landry both around 5-6mil per year. Essentially we'd be trading Levitre for a comparable Gaurd and starting SS.

What about if we sign Landry and DeVito and no Vasquez? I think I would make the first move all day. Urbik is our best blocker on paper anyways.

Just to note I would like to keep Levitre at a reasonable 7.5 per cieling.

That very well may be their plan. Vasquez should be the guy they go after 1st to see how much cheaper than Levitre he'll be. Vasquez, Landry and devito would be fine with me. Devito is the kind of run stopper we need out there and he'd be relatively cheap. Byrd and Landry would be bada$$. And replacing Levitre with a similar talent at a cheaper price. Hopefully add another LB (wheeler or maualuga) WR (gibson, barden, avery) and address the rest in the draft and fringe FAs

Edited by NewEra

Cue the "Levitre wasn't the money" attempt at rationalizing the loss of a good player.

The Bills did say they were moving towards an analytics approach to personnel. Signing on for 8 million a year for an above average guard would seem to really go against that approach.

two players at 5 to 6 million each does not equal one at 8. so we aren't trading two for one. it's more like trading Levitre for Vazquez (if we even get him) and i wouldn't do that... Levitre plays more games. but at least we'd have an extra million we can use to overpay someone else.

maybe more like Moore and Landry, but i kinda figure we're getting something like that anyway.

I think when Urbik got his deal it signified Levitre was going to be allowed to walk. The Bills will probably sign another decent gaurd for around 4-6 a year. This will allow them to also resign Wood next year.

At $8mil a year Levitre would be one of the top paid players on the entire team. I just do not see that happening.

I am sure we will know who Levitre is playing for by the end of the day today. Someone will pay him $7.5+ money most likely.

You can't pay interior linemen Tackle-money. The Bills are already strained this year because of Fitz. Signing Levitre for $8mm would hamstring us further and what would it get us? Yes, he's a great guy, but as the ink dries we would see the same OL that we had last year and no real improvement by the team - and we'd have tied-up an additional $8mm.

We can't do that. Take that $8mm, pay up to $4-5mm for a Guard / SS / WR and that leaves room to to add another player.

Edited by Never NEVER Give-up

Levitre is a nice player but let some other team over pay for him... They are likely looking down the road at re-upping Wood next year. Glenn should continue to improve and this draft has a lot of guys who can start right away if they go that route..

I just don't think it will be as big a loss as some of you guys.

Cue the "Levitre wasn't the money" attempt at rationalizing the loss of a good player.

Oh it's coming......My biggest thing is he wouldn't have been so expensive if he was signed at the right time. But at 8-9 mil??? Thanks a lot of coin.

two players at 5 to 6 million each does not equal one at 8. so we aren't trading two for one. it's more like trading Levitre for Vazquez (if we even get him) and i wouldn't do that... Levitre plays more games. but at least we'd have an extra million we can use to overpay someone else.

maybe more like Moore and Landry, but i kinda figure we're getting something like that anyway.

People need to remember that overpaying your own FA is just as bad as overpaying someone else's FA. Levitre is a great guy, good FB player, but getting Vazquez, and retaining Moore and perhaps getting Landry or DeVito also enables the Bills to have cap space next year for Wood.

You can't pay interior linemen Tackle-money. The Bills are already strained this year because of Fitz. Signing Levitre for $8mm would hamstring us further and what would it get us? Yes, he's a great guy, but as the ink dries we would see the same OL that we had last year and no real improvement by the team - and we'd have tied-up an additional $8mm.

Agreed, let some other team spend 8 mil per yr on a guard. The Bucs signed Nicks for around that price last year and not only did he not make a big impact, they actually played better (or at least Doug Martin did) after he got hurt. Only having around 19 mil in cap space it would be foolish to spend that much on a position where the drop off from an 8 mil guy to a 1 mil guy is not that big.

The pie (the cap) is only so big, what ever way you choose to cut it. While Lev was a decent player, let some other team overpay him and mess up their pie. Use the piece of the pie that Lev wanted to get two decent players instead of just Lev. Buffalo will be a better team because of it. No bad feelings toward Lev, good luck to him for getting his overinflated payday. Enjoy!

I think when Urbik got his deal it signified Levitre was going to be allowed to walk. The Bills will probably sign another decent gaurd for around 4-6 a year. This will allow them to also resign Wood next year.

At $8mil a year Levitre would be one of the top paid players on the entire team. I just do not see that happening.

I am sure we will know who Levitre is playing for by the end of the day today. Someone will pay him $7.5+ money most likely.

I like Levitre alot and I think the Bills will have some regrets letting him go, but if i could only have 1 of the two, then I want Wood next year instead of Levitre this year. If I am going to overpay this year, I overpay for Long from Miami at LT and move Glenn to RT.