BREAKING NEWS: Bills release Terrence McGee

PromoTheRobot

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote by McGee from the Buffalo News article:

“But what kind of argument can I make? I was there for 10 years. I’ve been hurt a lot. They didn’t have to give me too much of a reason why they had to move on. You’ve just got to accept it. I understand. It’s nothing I can get mad

at."

Simply a class act by a class individual. Good luck and best wishes to latch on to another Superbowl bound team.

That play still kills me. The Bills had about five guys and the Saints had one. I don't think you could blame Terrence though, the Saint guy made an amazing play and the Bill didnt.

TMac ran out of gas and the guy caught him from behind while all the blockers were out front IIRC

A very good Bill and good good guy. Wish him nothing but the best and his kick return against the Saints sums up the Bills of the last 13 years. Just can't get it done. But he was one of the few good TD picks who probably should have been cut a few years ago. Sucks his career was wasted on some bad teams. Be well McGee!!!

Happy trails #24. Classy player that I wish would have been able to stick around long enough to see this team win but injuries just wouldn’t let that happen. Best wishes to you.

Okay, after searching awhile, I found it at NFL.com: McGee's kick return starts at the :40 mark:

http://www.nfl.com/v...ints-19-Bills-7

Sadly, this play is a decent microcosm of his time with the bills. (I can't remember if he got hurt at the end of the play.)

Thanks for digging this up. One of the most exciting plays that meant absolutely nothing in team history.

TMac ran out of gas and the guy caught him from behind while all the blockers were out front IIRC

No, he had like 5 blockers in front of him and 1 Saints player was able to fight through them, dive at his feet and trip him up. :doh: Typical play of the Bills of the 2000’s, so close but just not able to get it done.

Very sad to see McGee go, but I'm not surprised, given the injury history. Still one of my favorite Bills ever. Very solid starting CB, elite kick returner, and had a nose for the endzone. I believe he was the first player in NFL history to have a kick return TD and interception return TD in the same game. McGee's home throwback was the first (and so far only) Bills jersey I bought, after his Pro Bowl performance almost singlehandedly won me my fantasy league. (We play IDPs and count return yards.) Best wishes to Terrance, and I hope he recovers enough to make a comeback.

Kelsey and smith hopefully next for the cap room...Restructure Fitz, sign Byrd and Levitre and we got something going in the right direction..

Kelsey and Smith have to be cut. Mark Anderson also perhaps, although he has some upside. Want to see Moore resigned.

Quote by McGee from the Buffalo News article:

“But what kind of argument can I make? I was there for 10 years. I’ve been hurt a lot. They didn’t have to give me too much of a reason why they had to move on. You’ve just got to accept it. I understand. It’s nothing I can get mad

at."

Simply a class act by a class individual. Good luck and best wishes to latch on to another Superbowl bound team.

perhaps the 49ers if Ted Ginn Jr. heads elsewhere? Seattle. He'd be great in a return-only role.

Kelsey and Smith have to be cut. Mark Anderson also perhaps, although he has some upside. Want to see Moore resigned.

perhaps the 49ers if Ted Ginn Jr. heads elsewhere? Seattle. He'd be great in a return-only role.

Cutting Mark Anderson doesn't save on the cap. Might as well keep him and see if he can rebound from the injury.

One of my favorite Bills of this generation - guy was a fantastic kick returner early in his career and a solid corner when healthy. A shame he couldn't stay on the field. I wish him luck with whichever team takes a chance on him.

I would see the 49ers going after McKelvin rather than a washed up McGee..I don't think McGee can return kicks anymore. He just wouldn't have that speed any more.