Clayton: Bills have interest in Michael Vick (re-signed w/Philly)

Buftex

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets look at Marrones history with QBs

Who has been his QB where he has coached

Jets 02-05 Chad Pennington

Saints 06-08 Drew Brees

Syracuse Ryan Nassib

All pocket passes. Why would Marrone, in his first NFL job take a risk on a mobile, streaky at best player with an injury history? It just doesnt add up.

This isn't about Fitz or Vick. Its about Marrone. Who runs his offense best, who fits his mold best. Based on his history, it is unlikey to be Vick. JMO

Lets look at Marrones history with QBs

Who has been his QB where he has coached

Jets 02-05 Chad Pennington

Saints 06-08 Drew Brees

Syracuse Ryan Nassib

All pocket passes. Why would Marrone, in his first NFL job take a risk on a mobile, streaky at best player with an injury history? It just doesnt add up.

This isn't about Fitz or Vick. Its about Marrone. Who runs his offense best, who fits his mold best. Based on his history, it is unlikey to be Vick. JMO

In coach Marrones first season as the Bill. I bet he is VERY low risk minded across the board

Vick could never run a read option offense. He's too dumb. He had a decent O-line in '11 and he crapped out then too. He's just not smart enough to play today's game. Every play where he can't find his primary receiver immediately is a busted play. He can't even outrun anyone anymore.

Vicksters are delusional. His career is what it is. Only one season with over 8 wins. And that was before he fell apart. Why on earth would this be the guy anyone would want.

"Fitz sucks. Let's bring in.....Mike Vick"??! Insanity.

I would take Vick running the option over Fitz, but that woulld be it

Details:

@AdamSchefter

Eagles QB Michael Vick signed a one-year deal that could be worth up to $10 million.

If Chip Kelly plans on running his offense with Vick as QB they better get a premium membership on Petmeds.com because Vick is going to need all the vet meds and antler spray he can find.

This is not surprising. They looked at free agent veteran QBs and realized it was better to resign him. Looks like the Bills might hold on to FItz for 1 more season. Oh boy.

Fitz might stay, but only if he takes a pay cut.

Please NO!

There are 5 QBs remaining who could start over Fitzpatrick next year...Alex Smith, Geno Smith, Tyler Wilson, Matt Barkley and EJ Manuel

Now if the Bills don't sign Alex Smith and Geno Smith doesn't drop to them, the Bills will be staring down the barrel of a decision with taking a QB like Wilson or Barkley at #8 (I'm sure one of them will be there) or waiting to see if EJ Manuel is still there with their 2nd round pick (which I doubt he will be). So there is a scenario where the Bills will have Fitzpatrick as their starting QB another year.

If I'm the Bills, the only QB I take at #8 is Geno Smith. If he's not there, try to trade back for a 2014 first round pick which would be used in a package to trade up for Johnny Football, Bridgewater, or Boyd in 2014. If that doesn't happen then pick either Ansah or Patterson at #8, then try trade up ahead of second round QB desperate teams to get EJ Manuel.

Edited by 1billsfan