Clayton: Bills have interest in Michael Vick (re-signed w/Philly)

Buftex

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vick would no doubt be an upgrade - if he's got it in him to keep playing, and he's willing to work - he'd be noticeably better than Fitz. What concerns me most about Vick - going back throughout his career - if you look at his game ratings in chronological order, you see dramatic up and downs, almost game to game, so that it's impossible to say what performance you're going to get. I just would prefer a little more consistency - but, as I said, beggars can't be choosers.

as the 2013 season slowly wound down, I heard Clayton on GR:

- recommend the Bills retain Chan Gailey as head coach

- defend the limited use of CJ Spiller earlier in the season due to the risk of injury

that kinda weakens any credibility he has going forward.

The whole dog thing aside, I'd rather have him than Fitz.

I wouldn't, Vick just doesn't have the ability to get the ball out quickly enough and thus takes way way to many hits.

Everyone thinks the Bills O line is one of the best in the league are in for a rude shock when a different QB steps full time behind center in Buffalo. Vick was a turnover machine on the Eagles last year.

Remember guys the biggest problem last year was that pathetic defense that yielded NFL & franchise worsts.

The entire offense would look different with a scheme like the Texans / 49ers that runs first, and lets the QB manage the game by mostly handing off to the supreme talent the bills have at RB

I'm convinced most of what Clayton reports is his speculation and not based on any real sources

Donavan McNabb was on NFL Total Access the other day and talking up Vick being a good fit for Buffalo.

Being a Syracuse alum and him probably being friends with Vick, I wouldn't be surprised if McNabb had some inside info on Buffalo being Vick's most probable destination if the Eagles do go in another direction.

Donavan McNabb was on NFL Total Access the other day and talking up Vick being a good fit for Buffalo.

Being a Syracuse alum and him probably being friends with Vick, I wouldn't be surprised if McNabb had some inside info on Buffalo being Vick's most probable destination if the Eagles do go in another direction.

what about him being a syracuse alum OR being friends with Vick (he is?) would give him any sort of inside info about this situation? lol

I'm convinced most of what Clayton reports is his speculation and not based on any real sources

Yes, I kind of agree. That seems to have been the case the last few years, with the explosion of "NFL Insiders". Funny thing is, I listen to other segments that Clayton does in out of town markets, and, often, his info seems to be in conflict over what he says in other cities. Like he just has the need to make some statement that will keep fans buzzing in the particular city he is guesting in.

That said, I still don't have any sense of what kind of a team Marrone and co. are trying to build, so I wouldn't rule anything out.

what about him being a syracuse alum OR being friends with Vick (he is?) would give him any sort of inside info about this situation? lol

The way he presented it just seemed like he knew what was going on. I'm not saying that I know he has inside info, but I just got the feeling that he did. The obvious connections are Vick and Syracuse.

Vick has his issues, but if the BIlls could get him for the right price, I say go for it.

Especially considering there really is not much to get excited about in the draft. The only one whom might be an NFL starter is Geno Smith, and he'll be gone before the BIlls draft. So Vick, for the right price, could buy you a year or two; moreover, that allows you to keep Fitz around as a dependable back-up should Vick get injured (which is what his real value is an NFL QB).

I would prefer this scenario over rolling the dice on all the long-shot QBs in the draft.

There is no "aside" for that!

If that's our plan, which I doubt, I'd rather go 0-16 than give him a job.

agree 100%. I've had season tickets for over a decade and I love going to games even though the product on the field has sucked for as long as I've had tickets. But if they bring in Vick, I would have a really, really difficult time rooting for this team. I would strongly consider cancelling my tickets, but in the end I would probably just not go to the games. I really don't want Vick on this team.

Nix said he wanted a QB that can "win" games. Meaning a QB that can close out a win as opposed to throwing a INT. Vick has done that with more consistency than Fitzpatrick. Vick as a stop gap would be perfect for this organization while we groom our future QB rather it is in this draft or next year.

its a good assumption that any team that needs a qb would be looking at vick. so mention this a something that is happening and see if anything comes from it. the bills aren't going to bring him in. but they'd be stupid not to take a look and see if he offers enough to invest in. i don't think he does.

There is no "aside" for that!

If that's our plan, which I doubt, I'd rather go 0-16 than give him a job.

Can't believe it took two pages before someone chimed in with this sentiment. It's over dude. He's done everything he possibly can to show that he is rehabilitated. Please try and look at this from a strictly football standpoint.

The only thing I'll say about this point is that with the Bills' offense over the past few years, do we really even know how good our O-line is at pass protection? With all the quick passes, screens, and dump-offs we run, the offensive line hasn't really been asked let the QB sit back there for 5 seconds and pick the defense apart.

I think it'll be interesting (and possibly scary) to see how this offensive line holds up if the scheme changes with more deep routes in the gameplan that require much more time to develop. Just a thought.

I strongly agree. Even if they keep Levitre I do not know if they are really an above average OL.

I am also not going to accept the line of thought that Cordy Glenn is going to be a good left tackle until he proves it. He is a big, soft bodied guy who had somewhat of a reputation as not being a self-starter, so he still has a lot of proving to do. I really would rather see him on the right side with an athlete like Joeckel on the left.

Speaking of the right side, the ROT was a problem last year. Mainly because of injuries, which happens to be a problem with this line. They aren't one of those lines that is going to start every game together. Eric "Balsa" Wood being almost a certainty to suffer some sort of injury. Pears, Urbik, Reinhardt, Colin Brown.....these guys all missed time.