Clayton: Bills have interest in Michael Vick (re-signed w/Philly)

Buftex

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The whole dog thing aside, I'd rather have him than Fitz.

I kinda agree. I don't want VIck, but anyone with at least one functioning eye, even with all his injuries, turnovers and off the field stuff, can see he is still much better then Fitz, and twice the threat throwing and running. Would prefer the third option if there is one, but of the two I would have to take Vick. Edited by BuffBill

Vick has played, 10, 13, and 12 games the last 3 seasons.

he has played 16 games only once in 10 seasons..why would it be any different now at 33?

Because he'd be getting replaced by a rookie 8 weeks in this time? I can't imagine he'd be a long term plan.

I have mixed feelings about the Bills bringing Vick on board but what this shows me is the team is willing to investigate and access all options available. Leave no stone un'turned' so to speak..

We were allegedly interested 3 years ago too so....

Why do people think Vick is still a good QB? The majority of his starts have been bad ones. He had one 6 game strtech in Philly and other than that, he was average at best. Vick isn't an upgrade over Fitz in any stretch of the imagination.

And clayton just plays connect the dots. The Bills liked Vick at one point so they still must like him. Nothing earth shattering.

I heard the interview. Clayton was just throwing spaghetti on the fridge. It wasn't a bold assertion. He was just more or less saying the Bills had to do SOMETHING at QB and that Vick might be an option. Truly a groundbreaking, earth shattering revelation by a reporter as bored as we are.

Why do people think Vick is still a good QB? The majority of his starts have been bad ones. He had one 6 game strtech in Philly and other than that, he was average at best. Vick isn't an upgrade over Fitz in any stretch of the imagination.

And clayton just plays connect the dots. The Bills liked Vick at one point so they still must like him. Nothing earth shattering.

Not saying I want Vick, but not sure why people stretch the truth just to try to make a point or get people to agree with their opinion? A 6 game stretch won't get you a Division Championship, a Pro Bowl selection and Comeback Player of the Year. He has never thrown more picks then TD's, never led the league in interceptions like our mighty might has and has more rushing yards in his sleep then Fitz does in a career. Is he what he used to be? Not close, but what he is, is still more then what Fitz will ever be. His biggest problem this past year was fumbles, way too many of them, but Fitz had his share also. Vick had 11 fumbles and lost 5 of them, Fitz had 8 fumbles and lost 6 of them. A big part of Vick's problems were his terrible offensive line (85 sacks the past 3 years-just think if he wasn't mobile), Fitz had a much better line in front of him, that isn't even arguable. Edited by BuffBill

Not saying I want Vick, but not sure why people stretch the truth just to try to make a point or get people to agree with their opinion? A 6 game stretch won't get you a Division Championship, a Pro Bowl selection and Comeback Player of the Year. He has never thrown more picks then TD's, never led the league in interceptions like our mighty might has and has more rushing yards in his sleep then Fitz does in a career. Is he what he used to be? Not close, but what he is, is still more then what Fitz will ever be. His biggest problem this past year was fumbles, way too many of them, but Fitz had his share also. Vick had 11 fumbles and lost 5 of them, Fitz had 8 fumbles and lost 6 of them. A big part of Vick's problems were his terrible offensive line (85 sacks the past 3 years-just think if he wasn't mobile), Fitz had a much better line in front of him, that isn't even arguable.

agreed on all fronts

first, its Clayton, hes probably just making this sheit up...

second, im open to bringing in 20 QBs not named Fitz

third, are any of the QBs in this draft ready to play from day one?