Clayton: Bills have interest in Michael Vick (re-signed w/Philly)

Buftex

Not saying I want Vick, but not sure why people stretch the truth just to try to make a point or get people to agree with their opinion? A 6 game stretch won't get you a Division Championship, a Pro Bowl selection and Comeback Player of the Year. He has never thrown more picks then TD's, never led the league in interceptions like our mighty might has and has more rushing yards in his sleep then Fitz does in a career. Is he what he used to be? Not close, but what he is, is still more then what Fitz will ever be. His biggest problem this past year was fumbles, way too many of them, but Fitz had his share also. Vick had 11 fumbles and lost 5 of them, Fitz had 8 fumbles and lost 6 of them. A big part of Vick's problems were his terrible offensive line (85 sacks the past 3 years-just think if he wasn't mobile), Fitz had a much better line in front of him, that isn't even arguable.

Who's receviers would you rather have? The Bills or Eagles? Who had a better defense? Fitz has thrown 48 tds to 39 ints the last 2 seasons. http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/8664/ryan-fitzpatrick Vick has thrown 30 tds to 24 ints the last 2 seasons. http://www.nfl.com/player/michaelvick/2504531/profile In 2011, the Eagles probably had one of the better olines in the NFL. When you add the injuries and the fact he's a scumbag (though I do see some maturity), how is he possibly an upgrade?

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who's receviers would you rather have? The Bills or Eagles? Who had a better defense? Fitz has thrown 48 tds to 39 ints the last 2 seasons. http://espn.go.com/n...yan-fitzpatrick Vick has thrown 30 tds to 24 ints the last 2 seasons. http://www.nfl.com/p...2504531/profile In 2011, the Eagles probably had one of the better olines in the NFL. When you add the injuries and the fact he's a scumbag (though I do see some maturity), how is he possibly an upgrade?

This plus he is injury prone. Vick wouldn't last a month as the Bills starter.

Is Vick good? No

Does Vick suck? No

Does Fritz suck? Yes

Did Vicks Oline in Philly suck more than fritz? Yes

Who would I rather watch play QB for the Bills, Fritz or Vick? Vick

Would I prefer other QBs to Vick? Yes, but if the choice is fritz or Vick, Vick wins unanimous dec.

I will never get the hard-on people have for this guy, ever. He is incapable of managing an offensive scheme, throw accurately downfield, and stay healthy. A seriously awful pocket passer to boot, who the hell would ever want that on their team?

I have decided that the only people who think micheal vick is a quality QB are those who play Madden football on PS3/xbox, etc.

Who's receviers would you rather have? The Bills or Eagles? Who had a better defense? Fitz has thrown 48 tds to 39 ints the last 2 seasons. http://espn.go.com/n...yan-fitzpatrick Vick has thrown 30 tds to 24 ints the last 2 seasons. http://www.nfl.com/p...2504531/profile In 2011, the Eagles probably had one of the better olines in the NFL. When you add the injuries and the fact he's a scumbag (though I do see some maturity), how is he possibly an upgrade?

For one, do the receiver's really matter when Fitz can't get it downfield to them anyway? Put Fitz behind the Eagles O-Line last year and he probably doesn't make it through the season. If Fitz a better person then Vick is? Well, I can't argue with you on that one there, but when has that won football games? Vick had a bad 2012, no doubt, but he had more comebacks and clutch plays the first month of the season then Fitz has in his whole tenure in Buffalo.

Is Vick good? No

Does Vick suck? No

Does Fritz suck? Yes

Would I prefer other QBs to Vick? Yes, but if the choice is fritz or Vick, Vick wins unanimous dec.

If you got seats right down on the sideline, you would have the best view of Vick for at least half of the season.

Is Vick good? No

Does Vick suck? No

Does Fritz suck? Yes

plus 1

Fitz now > Vick now

Fitz then < Vick then

Plus, why cut the only QB we have on our roster to take the hit, though small, for a guy that will not be in the league in 3 years? A guy that will only start 1 year, if that, and not even a complete season, either due to injuries.

Edited by jboyst62

Vick has thrown 51 TD and 30 INT and has 11 rushing TD's and has 31 total fumbles over three seasons for 62 total TD's and 61INTs/fumbles in 35games

Fitz has thrown for 71TD and 54INT and has 1 rushing TD's and 23 total fumbles over three seasons for 72 total TD's and 77 INT's/fumbles in 45games.

At the end of the day, both turn the ball over way too much.

Scumbag factor = draft a QB and keep Fitz as opposed to drafting a QB and bringing in Vick.

Edited by bobobonators

Vick with our O-line would be decent and certainly better than Fitz. Especially if we were able to lean on the running game and get a big receiver to be our true #1 and have Stevie move to the slot(is this still happening? i thought it was an idea from the gaily camp.)

At this point we might as well call T.O. for another contract and tell him we just need him to run 9 routes all game and find a QB that isn't afraid to sling the ball deep.

Is Vick good? No

Does Vick suck? No

Does Fritz suck? Yes

You hit the nail right on the head, 1,000,000,000,000,000% correct!

For one, do the receiver's really matter when Fitz can't get it downfield to them anyway? Put Fitz behind the Eagles O-Line last year and he probably doesn't make it through the season. If Fitz a better person then Vick is? Well, I can't argue with you on that one there, but when has that won football games? Vick had a bad 2012, no doubt, but he had more comebacks and clutch plays the first month of the season then Fitz has in his whole tenure in Buffalo.

I agree with pretty much everything you have said. In a perfect world is Vick my 1st, 2nd or even 3rd option at starting QB this year, absolutely not, but for people to sit there & say he is not an upgrade over our noodle arm QB is silly. I watched some Eagle games this year & could not believe the beating Vick took. He would hammered on pretty much every pass play. If the Bills have a chance to bring him in I say do it. It will be an upgrade over Fitz.

Is Vick good? No

Does Vick suck? No

Does Fritz suck? Yes

The only thing I'll say about this point is that with the Bills' offense over the past few years, do we really even know how good our O-line is at pass protection? With all the quick passes, screens, and dump-offs we run, the offensive line hasn't really been asked let the QB sit back there for 5 seconds and pick the defense apart.

I think it'll be interesting (and possibly scary) to see how this offensive line holds up if the scheme changes with more deep routes in the gameplan that require much more time to develop. Just a thought.

I agree with pretty much everything you have said. In a perfect world is Vick my 1st, 2nd or even 3rd option at starting QB this year, absolutely not, but for people to sit there & say he is not an upgrade over our noodle arm QB is silly. I watched some Eagle games this year & could not believe the beating Vick took. He would hammered on pretty much every pass play. If the Bills have a chance to bring him in I say do it. It will be an upgrade over Fitz.

Yep. Good to see there are people on here that have common sense and don't look at everything with a "Every Thing The Bills Do is Correct" biased attitude. It is quite obvious, makes you wonder where some of these people learned their football at? Edited by BuffBill