Clayton: Bills have interest in Michael Vick (re-signed w/Philly)

Buftex

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't believe it took two pages before someone chimed in with this sentiment. It's over dude. He's done everything he possibly can to show that he is rehabilitated. Please try and look at this from a strictly football standpoint.

"That's the thing you've got to remember about WASPS. They love animals - they can't stand people.": Gecko explaining to Bud how WASPS work

Vick will never be forgiven because there are simply just a lot of people out there who value a dog's life over that of a human they don't know. It was cruel what he did, and I care for my pets, but in the grand scheme it's not like he was an accomplice to murder like a certain NFL super hero. In some cultures, dogs are FOOD. Not everyone cuddles with their dog and shares their ice cream cone with them. They've been used as weapons against people for as long as they've been domesticated as well, so not everyone has the same relationship with dogs.

Until we have a legit source, I am just calling this off season bull ****.

If Vick is a Bill I am going to lose a lot of interest in the team, even if he does well. It's not the right move.

Can't believe it took two pages before someone chimed in with this sentiment. It's over dude. He's done everything he possibly can to show that he is rehabilitated. Please try and look at this from a strictly football standpoint.

As a football standpoint it is retarded. I'd rather us bring in Matt Moore, or someone young, able to perform and be relied upon. Not someone 30 seconds from ending their own career, or heaving it up on the worst move ever. Fitz is better then Vick at this point, and I am sure 31 other teams would take Fitz over Vick as a backup.

Until we have a legit source, I am just calling this off season bull ****.

If Vick is a Bill I am going to lose a lot of interest in the team, even if he does well. It's not the right move.

No offense, but I know you are part of a core group here on TBD that responds to virtually every post with an opinion, but weren't you talking all season about not even watching the Bills games? I am not questioning your fanhood, but exactly how much less interest can you have than choosing not to watch the games? :lol:

"That's the thing you've got to remember about WASPS. They love animals - they can't stand people.": Gecko explaining to Bud how WASPS work

Vick will never be forgiven because there are simply just a lot of people out there who value a dog's life over that of a human they don't know. It was cruel what he did, and I care for my pets, but in the grand scheme it's not like he was an accomplice to murder like a certain NFL super hero. In some cultures, dogs are FOOD. Not everyone cuddles with their dog and shares their ice cream cone with them. They've been used as weapons against people for as long as they've been domesticated as well, so not everyone has the same relationship with dogs.

Vick was a convicted felon. No convicted felon should ever be allowed back into a pro sports league. I despise him because he purposely bred dogs and trained them to be killers for monetary and entertainment purposes, even though he was already wealthy. it has nothing to do with the value of human life, but typically that is how your closed mind perceives the opposition. I'm also outraged with pedophiles, murderes, and those who threaten others, pr are violent towards others.

the other super hero you speak about was never convicted and is only pray to your hearsay on the subject. If you have issues with that go after the court system and law enforcement systems that you feel let this one slide.

I'm in the camp of if Vick is a Bill I stop watching all together.

Edited by shibuya

You say that as if it's worse.

Humans have a responsibility to the animals that we've domesticated. Eating them is fine (cows, pigs, dogs, whatever) because there's a definite utility. Starving them, torturing them, and making them fight in order to amuse us? You must be able to see the moral difference.

I heard on a Philly station today that someone very close to Vick was told by him that he's getting along very well with Kelly there's a great chance he'll be reworking his contract and staying there. If that's coming from Vick himself then it stands to reason that Vick is staying in Philly.

So Vick to the Bills seems like a remote chance.

If you got seats right down on the sideline, you would have the best view of Vick for at least half of the season.

That's fine. Then throw in whichever QB we draft this season. If fritz is retained, we'll most likely see him start 16 games and go 7-9. Accomplishing nothing, as we already knew what he would do. Be a very low end starter. Vick is exciting. Fritz is not. If the reason you guys don't want him, is due to his dog killing fiasco, I understand and that makes complete sense. In a football sense, fritz starting over Vick is lunacy.

That's fine. Then throw in whichever QB we draft this season. If fritz is retained, we'll most likely see him start 16 games and go 7-9. Accomplishing nothing, as we already knew what he would do. Be a very low end starter. Vick is exciting. Fritz is not. If the reason you guys don't want him, is due to his dog killing fiasco, I understand and that makes complete sense. In a football sense, fritz starting over Vick is lunacy.

Agree 100%. Why settle for 6-10 Fitz when we can get a QB like Vick who has gone 10-13 the last 2 seasons (and in 2011, the Eagles had a top 10 defense)?

I strongly agree. Even if they keep Levitre I do not know if they are really an above average OL.

I am also not going to accept the line of thought that Cordy Glenn is going to be a good left tackle until he proves it. He is a big, soft bodied guy who had somewhat of a reputation as not being a self-starter, so he still has a lot of proving to do. I really would rather see him on the right side with an athlete like Joeckel on the left.

Speaking of the right side, the ROT was a problem last year. Mainly because of injuries, which happens to be a problem with this line. They aren't one of those lines that is going to start every game together. Eric "Balsa" Wood being almost a certainty to suffer some sort of injury. Pears, Urbik, Reinhardt, Colin Brown.....these guys all missed time.

Where have you heard that?

Vick was a convicted felon. No convicted felon should ever be allowed back into a pro sports league. I despise him because he purposely bred dogs and trained them to be killers for monetary and entertainment purposes, even though he was already wealthy. it has nothing to do with the value of human life, but typically that is how your closed mind perceives the opposition. I'm also outraged with pedophiles, murderes, and those who threaten others, pr are violent towards others.

the other super hero you speak about was never convicted and is only pray to your hearsay on the subject. If you have issues with that go after the court system and law enforcement systems that you feel let this one slide.

I'm in the camp of if Vick is a Bill I stop watching all together.

I hope the Bills sign Vick. I will finally be able to walk away from the team and care less.

While I don't hate the guy for the way he treated dogs, I refuse to endorse him. The man is about as sharp as a sack of wet mice. Mike Vick never studied film at all while he was in Atlanta, and he still has trouble reading defenses. 15.5 million a year for a broken QB...what are some of you thinking?

I'm of the mind that Vick was the wealthiest QB in the NFL by far, making 25 million dollars a year with a rich NFL contact and endorsements.Loses all that and ends up in prison? What a role model... What type of person is stupid enough to jeopardize his career by being involved in dog fighting in the first place.

I'm not really certain why Bills fans are so desperate that they are ready to grab at anything that even looks like an improvement. VICK IS NOT AN UPGRADE. I'd rather see a rookie QB in there then a guy who sucked with a decent team around him!! How much more talent did they need on the "dream team" to succeed? 4-12 last year makes them worse then the Bills, Vick in 10 games, 12 TD's, 10 INT's

Edited by FeartheLosing

Agree 100%. Why settle for 6-10 Fitz when we can get a QB like Vick who has gone 10-13 the last 2 seasons (and in 2011, the Eagles had a top 10 defense)?

10-13 the last 2 season. Or winning seasons 2 of the last 3 season. Winning seasons 4 of his last 6. 56-44 in the regular season. He has proven he can win. Shall we go through fitzs career record, winning seasons, playoff? It's a waste of time, we all know he's a career loser. I don't hate the guy. It's just obvious that he isn't cut out to be a starting QB in the nfl. His skill set is limited and it limits the offensive playbook. Get me any QB that can make all of the nfl throws. A QB that the defense has to respect his long ball. It'll help our running game immensely. I understand he'll likely remain on the team after he restructures. He'll remain on the team because his current contract isn't cap friendly to cut him outright. The options available this year are sub par and has most likely saved him a seat as our starter next year (I'm getting ill), but he still sucks.

I'm stunned by how many people in this thread state that Fitzpatrick is better,at this point, than Vick. It's laughable. It's akin to a fan stating that Aaron Schobel was a better defensive end than Bruce Smith (because they disliked Bruce Smith as a person). Fitzpatrick has terrible mechanics, a weak arm, and wilts under pressure. Vick, even at his age, possesses more athletic ability than Fitzpatrick could ever hope to have. Vick can throw a deep ball

(which #14 has proven he cannot). And what has been left unsaid- if the Bills were to acquire Vick, the move would be welcomed by the players, I'm certain of this.

Stevie Johnson would probably throw a party. Fitzpatrick is not only limited; but I do believe he's lost any confidence his teammates may have had in him. This move would at least improve morale. Keeping #14, and watching his stale act for yet another wasted season, is disgusting! You can changes coaches, but if you keep trotting crappy players like 14 out there, you're gonna get crappy results. I don't care who the Bills acquire, or how- we need a new starting qb!!

Where have you heard that?

Pre-draft? See Nolan Nawrocki and PFW for one instance.

And fwiw, I thought he did play well for a rookie. But he is on tape in the NFL now. Teams will adjust. He needs to keep getting better. Never a given with fat guys. See Dareus, Marcel.