Will you watch the NFL Combine?

BisonMan

Will you watch the NFL Combine?  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Will you watch the NFL Combine?

• Every minute! I can't get enough. I have a man-crush on Mike Mayock!
    • I just watch for a few skill position like QB, RB, WR, etc.
    • I'll just watch for the positions I think the Bills' need.
    • If there's nothing else on, I'll flip it on. It's still football.
    • Not at all. It's an over-hyped waste of time.

It's a guilty pleasure of mine. I usually will "watch" as I do chores around the house. If something particularly interesting comes on I'll sit down and watch. Maybe I will try out KOK's idea though just to get a jump on the late round picks.

I want to chose the top selection, but i don't have a man crush on Mayock....Last year I sat at my desk and watched the combine on my pc at same time as watching reg tv on my tv...did that for hours lol

ok..make that i did select the top one..lol

Edited by Tsaikotic

up until this year I never had NFL Network bc of disputes with Time Warner - so this will be my first opp...but honestly...probably not? its not like they are competing, they just run, workout, and do drills....not quite sure im getting the allure of actually watching it

maybe watch the QBs throw??? haha..but still...probably not

I'll probably be taping and watching the good stuff. Skill positions, QBs, WRs, RBs, CBs, DEs in pretty deep depth. LBs because we need them. Not so much on the DTs or OL. I'm pretty clueless as it is with those positions anyway.

Really enjoy listening to Mayock's analysis and the manner in which he explains how (he believes) the players' performance in the drills will extrapolate to performance on the field in the game. For an uneducated chump like me, it's fun. I also like Casserly. Lombardi doesn't do it for me (no man crush there!). Not impressed by the players' input. Eisen is fun!

Edited by biggerdaddynj

I watch every year, and will do so again...I did not vote, because the Mayock thing was a bit out of order. I want to know who is out there, and to see the young guys from my hometown.

EJ Manuel QB

Justin Hunter WR

And my favorite player who I saw play every week when he was in high school Perry Jones RB (Sleeper pick for some lucky team)

There's a cool feature where they overlap video of 4 or 5 guys at once to highlight their differences. It's fun to see a clump of OL or DL running "together".

I watch a few minutes of it here and there, just trying to catch some interesting moments. And more so for positions of need, I suppose.

I usually always watch the positions I think the Bills will be interested in withing the first few rounds. Anytime I feel the Bills will really be pursuing a QB in the draft heightens my interest. I'll closely watch the QB's especially my early choice of Dysert.

every minute.....i love playing armchair GM......no man love for Mayock, he has hits and misses like the rest of em.

i also get a big chuckle when Rich Eisen runs the 40 and they Superimpose that over the athletes running their 40, giving rich a 10 yard head start and watching him get run down at the finish....

I will be glued to the combine and any draft related stuff that I can record while I am at work. I love following the draft and it gives me something to do while I am working out in the AM trying to maintain my old-timer body in some semblance of shape. Anyone know where I can get one of those "Hurry-cane's" that they show the commercials for now? :D

I will be glued to the combine and any draft related stuff that I can record while I am at work. I love following the draft and it gives me something to do while I am working out in the AM trying to maintain my old-timer body in some semblance of shape. Anyone know where I can get one of those "Hurry-cane's" that they show the commercials for now? :D

At your age you shouldn't be in a hurry to do anything.

:nana:

The subject matter interests me a lot. The presentation of the NFL Network......thats where I fall off the boat. They suck. So I'll google it up, see whats happnin.

jb

NFLN's poor talent and brain-dead productions/analysis really are an oddity. They seem determined to dumb down as much of their coverage as they can and play to the lowest common denominator in their audience. I wouldn't be as bothered by it if they mixed it up with some deeper stuff, but they really just batter you with dumb and dumber in one show after another. "A Football Life" is a good series - produced by NFL Films, of course, not NFLN.

NFLN's poor talent and brain-dead productions/analysis really are an oddity. They seem determined to dumb down as much of their coverage as they can and play to the lowest common denominator in their audience. I wouldn't be as bothered by it if they mixed it up with some deeper stuff, but they really just batter you with dumb and dumber in one show after another. "A Football Life" is a good series - produced by NFL Films, of course, not NFLN.

That's because TV is a numbers (ratings) game. If they play to a more sophisticated (for lack of a better word) audience, the neophytes will tune out. But if they dumb it down, then everyone can watch.

It's a guilty pleasure of mine. I usually will "watch" as I do chores around the house. If something particularly interesting comes on I'll sit down and watch. Maybe I will try out KOK's idea though just to get a jump on the late round picks.

How is the scouting combine a guilty pleasure. Watching Dexter on Showtime or Cricket on PPV would be an acceptable choice as a guilty pleasure.