The annual Torrell Troup article

TPS

Not impressed. Look at his calves, plus he locks his knees. That's just not great form.

Also, if his core strength is to improve...well, real squats should be the focus.

I think the press is going to be easier on his back than squatting.

I think the important part is he is doing twice the weight he was doing last year.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the press is going to be easier on his back than squatting.

I think the important part is he is doing twice the weight he was doing last year.

I agree, and most importantly believe this is a mental injury to recover from at this point.

His strength is not what is impressive, his mental toughness and focus will be what will impress me.

how do we know he is not squatting ?

A bit of spin going on here guys.

I dont follow twitter though.

With Pettines defensive history/ style he might like a solid nose guard. alot. A rotational player.

We have two attacking tackles already. We need a big fella intimidating centers .

Troupe always projected as a 34 NT and was drafted as such. I think thats how it went down.

Kid has had a great work ethic and pushed himself pretty darn hard trying to make the team ( in his condition)

I did follow him back then as best i could.

Not sure he can get up to speed and succeed , if his back health has returned , he's a motivated kid .

I sure wish well and think he could make it.

But until he's hitting he stays a non factor. It's this season or out.

One more point. i hope we replace FA Spencer Johnson with a fat kid for the middle of the line. one way or another

Edited by 3rdand12

how do we know he is not squatting ?

A bit of spin going on here guys.

I dont follow twitter though.

With Pettines defensive history/ style he might like a solid nose guard. alot. A rotational player.

We have two attacking tackles already. We need a big fella intimidating centers .

Troupe always projected as a 34 NT and was drafted as such. I think thats how it went down.

Kid has had a great work ethic and pushed himself pretty darn hard trying to make the team ( in his condition)

I did follow him back then as best i could.

Not sure he can get up to speed and succeed , if his back health has returned , he's a motivated kid .

I sure wish well and think he could make it.

But until he's hitting he stays a non factor. It's this season or out.

One more point. i hope we replace FA Spencer Johnson with a fat kid for the middle of the line. one way or another

Alright fine, you can say some spinning but I am going to look at this from a perspective that most wouldn't bother.

If I am game planning against a fresh Troupe coming in after Dareus and/or K.Williams leaves then I would run right at him. I would look at the history and the ability of him to move latterly and I would aim right for him similar to what we did with B.Scott. If we aim the cannon at him we do not have to blast the wall down, but we can use him to move the play. His big body, his history, and just for game planning we would use him to create a gap. whichever way he turns his hips let the RB move, we all know Dareus is not going to get there latterly, and wherever M.Williams is he will be too deep or covering the outside to get in there and help. If K.Williams is in he is just not strong enough to stop the attack aimed right at Troupe. Without us having sufficient ILB's then opposing teams will easily reach the last level of our defense, meaning it's SS or nothing. Meaning, this defense needs a space eating NT and a SS with some heated wood to bring, because finding a worthy ILB this offseason ain't happin'.

Dude looks skinny, says he's twice as strong as he was a year ago... http://twitter.com/T...276841660559361

VIDEO: http://telly.com/72UMLJ

The dude in the back doing the lunges is training his body for functional strength and flexibility. Smart move.

Troup is doing static leg presses with almost no range of motion. Not the smartest move.

I hope he can recover and help the Bills. They sure can use the help.

Edited by Billsguy

Alright fine, you can say some spinning but I am going to look at this from a perspective that most wouldn't bother.

If I am game planning against a fresh Troupe coming in after Dareus and/or K.Williams leaves then I would run right at him. I would look at the history and the ability of him to move latterly and I would aim right for him similar to what we did with B.Scott. If we aim the cannon at him we do not have to blast the wall down, but we can use him to move the play. His big body, his history, and just for game planning we would use him to create a gap. whichever way he turns his hips let the RB move, we all know Dareus is not going to get there latterly, and wherever M.Williams is he will be too deep or covering the outside to get in there and help. If K.Williams is in he is just not strong enough to stop the attack aimed right at Troupe. Without us having sufficient ILB's then opposing teams will easily reach the last level of our defense, meaning it's SS or nothing. Meaning, this defense needs a space eating NT and a SS with some heated wood to bring, because finding a worthy ILB this offseason ain't happin'.

You almost always get me thinking with your comments.

But i am not sure what we can base his current skill set on. Part of my reasoning about the man is that he has not been on the field long enough to learn or develop. I dont know whether he has sat in coaches meetings last year or where he is in the playbook ( from last year even! )

He is still a rookie in my eye and that means he can still be coached up. Lordy knows that the defense was mismanaged these last couple years.

If the man is healthy.

I did not watch him in college at all.

He did have the size and strength to play Nose coming out though.

The way Pettine plays the game from what i have read up on lends itself to a nose tackle in some formations.

If he doesnt work out i i hope we find another big body to rotate in for the run stop.

As i mentioned i expect spencer johnson not to be signed

Dude looks skinny, says he's twice as strong as he was a year ago... http://twitter.com/T...276841660559361

I hope he can contribute, I really do. I can't believe that we wiffed on Troup over Gronkowski, and Whitner over Ngata and Maybin over Orakpo. It's unreal when we miss and the guy picked next is awesome. Ahh the joys of being a Bills fan.

You must mean bicep curls. Leg presses with anything less that 2,000 lbs is a joke.

I can leg press 2350 but it's pretty much a max lift so I can only do it 3-4 reps.

Of course I only weigh 152 pounds.

Troup is a wimp.

If I was doing 700 pounds I'd work with a spotter and maximize the negative reps.

I'd also use a fuller range of motion. While simultaneously doing barbell presses.

If it was squats that would be awesome but leg press is half gravity being at a 45* angle so thats 350 for 30 and leg press just doesn't carryover like other exercises. He should be doing Squats, Deadlifts, Truck Pulls, Farmers Walk and Super Yoke carries.

Reading this thread you'd think Bills fans were all yoked out of their mind and walking around picking things up and putting them down...

... yet each Sunday when I tune in to watch a Bills game at the Ralph, the stadium is full of fat old white dudes and skinny nerds in Zubaz and 1985 sunglasses.

I'm confused.

YOU FOLKS ARE easily impressed ,its a leg press not a squat. :wallbash:

You are easily confused.

No one here seems impressed by Troup's set.

By a factor of about 10 to 1 people here are unimpressed.

Ridiculously so I might add because no one knows how many sets he did or what the other exercises he does for his lower body.

It's like billscursed said, everyone posting here is an iron-pumping guru and practitioner.

Torell Troup would be better served if he called together all the iron throwing monsters on TBD and glean from them all their insight and wisedom on weight training. I am altering my routine immediately. You guys are inspiring. Arnold Schwarzenegger can't compete with this group. :)

Edited by Nitro

700lbs on the leg press is far from impressive. You'll see regular 180lb guys in the gym every day doing high reps with that and more. He's also wearing knee wraps (which make it easier) and only doing about 60% range of motion. I'm sure Troup could double the weight & still do reps, and the vid is probably just his warm-up.

He looks great. I hope he's healthy & ready to finally contribute.

When I was still in one piece, I could leg press 1000 lbs.

700lbs on the leg press is far from impressive. You'll see regular 180lb guys in the gym every day doing high reps with that and more. He's also wearing knee wraps (which make it easier) and only doing about 60% range of motion.

Really? How about you put up a vid and show us how much you can leg press for 30 reps. Freakin' Internet Mr. Olympia's.

Edited by BEAST MODE BABY!

Torell Troup would be better served if he called together all the iron throwing monsters on TBD and glean from them all their insight and wisedom on weight training. I am altering my routine immediately. You guys are inspiring. Arnold Schwarzenegger can't compete with this group. :)

Unbelievable, isn't it?

http://www.menshealt...Your_Weight.php

Advice for "regular guys" is to shoot for 2.25 times your body weight on the leg press.

So, big whoop. The guy's back obviously cannot handle the stress of the position he plays unfortunately.

That's actually pretty cool. I am positive I can do all of that, minus the swimming part. I have no idea how much that would be or how long it takes me to swim a lap....

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I'm stronger than Troupe. I don't know what I can leg press because I don't do them, but I'm sure he could do more than me.

I'm just saying that a 300+lb guy who works out ought to be able to leg press 750lbs. A pro athlete's numbers would be much higher, especially a lineman.

Still, I wish the best for the kid. I just don't see what he's doing in this video as impressive.