The annual Torrell Troup article

TPS

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

700lbs on the leg press is far from impressive. You'll see regular 180lb guys in the gym every day doing high reps with that and more. He's also wearing knee wraps (which make it easier) and only doing about 60% range of motion. I'm sure Troup could double the weight & still do reps, and the vid is probably just his warm-up.

He looks great. I hope he's healthy & ready to finally contribute.

I remember from High school Gym class being told that the average person should be able to do about twice their body weight on the leg press IIRC. I remember doing between 400-450, and I was less then 200lbs at the time (not much though)

700 is still alot, but I don't think its overly impressive for someone who is supposed to be the size to play NT in the NFL.

And as said previously, his issues had nothing to do with legs or leg strength, its his back thats been bad

I remember from High school Gym class being told that the average person should be able to do about twice their body weight on the leg press IIRC. I remember doing between 400-450, and I was less then 200lbs at the time (not much though)

700 is still alot, but I don't think its overly impressive for someone who is supposed to be the size to play NT in the NFL.

And as said previously, his issues had nothing to do with legs or leg strength, its his back thats been bad

But he did it 30 times.

Not banking on it either, but the dude has clearly been working on getting in shape...for what, or to do what, I guess we'll have to find out. Looking less like an NT, though...

as a rotational end, he might get less beat up

Forget leg presses, what does he squat to proper depth? Leg presses don't impress me...

700lbs on the leg press is far from impressive. You'll see regular 180lb guys in the gym every day doing high reps with that and more. He's also wearing knee wraps (which make it easier) and only doing about 60% range of motion. I'm sure Troup could double the weight & still do reps, and the vid is probably just his warm-up.

But tell me, can you feel the BURN?

/gym dude

As a 180 lb. weightlifter myself, I'm gonna contend this one. That's 8 45's each side X 30 reps. Agreed, it's not as insane an amount of weight as it sounds, but to do it 30 times??? And you see people doing MORE than that everyday??? What the hell gym do you work out at?

Somewhat this, but not all of it. He's not doing 1,400 leg presses. No way. However, partial motion doesn't make it all that impressive. The hardest part of that machine is at the bottom when you stop the weight coming at you and actually press off again. None the less, we have Kyle Williams and Marcel Dareus in the middle playing either DT or NT in the 3-4. Who really gives a donkey's dingle about Troupe?

Not impressed. Look at his calves, plus he locks his knees. That's just not great form.

Also, if his core strength is to improve...well, real squats should be the focus.

Edited by jboyst62