The annual Torrell Troup article

TPS

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Troup's ceiling was not very high even when healthy, IMO, based on what I had seen of him in college. Undersized frame for a NT for sure.

I honestly think Buddy is just holding on to him to save face. I anticipate he will be quietly released at some point during the offseason when fans' attention is elsewhere, like after some new acquisitions.

Critique his personnel decisions all you want, but WHAT about Buddy Nix would ever have given you the impression he does anything to "save face?"

I just don't see where he fits in on this defense. Depth at nose tackle/defensive tackle IF he is healthy enough? I think he's a goner.

Could be a flex DT/DE. Can play DT in 4-3 and be flanked out at DE in heavier 3-4 formations. I don't think he will make the team but its at least possible, good move for the Bills to IR him, give him proper recovery time and a chance at least.

Critique his personnel decisions all you want, but WHAT about Buddy Nix would ever have given you the impression he does anything to "save face?"

How about by not doing an injury settlement with Troup last year? Teams don't typically hold onto players with conditions this serious. I think he had a conviction about selecting this player and he knows it looked bad then and worse now and it's just easier not having to answer why one of your second round picks is out of the league just 3 years into the job. That's why I don't expect the news to come on a slow news day at this point in the offseason like the Donald Jones news did.

He has been here only 2 years. Showed some promise his rookie year before injury which turned out to be a BROKEN BACK. The guy busted his ass all off season to come back but just wasn't ready so he went back to BUSTING HIS ASS to be ready for this year, year 3. I don't get all the hate towards him, rather to me he is a guy that I think we should all be pulling for. I know I am. If he is healthy he can be a nice addition to a pretty talended D line. The guy is giving 100%.....this is no McCargo situation.

Troup has been with the Bills for 3 seasons. I understand......it is easy to lose track but he's basically been in street clothes on gameday for the past two years.

troup is as mythical as a unicorn, or big foot, or the loch ness monster

The Troupacabra?

Edited by BADOLBEELZ

He's another high pick who, for reasons of injury or ineptitude, will be released after a few seasons of contributing nothing significant. Should be part of any housecleaning. If he is physically able, let him catch on with someone else. He's a 2nd or 3rd string D-lineman.

How about by not doing an injury settlement with Troup last year? Teams don't typically hold onto players with conditions this serious. I think he had a conviction about selecting this player and he knows it looked bad then and worse now and it's just easier not having to answer why one of your second round picks is out of the league just 3 years into the job. That's why I don't expect the news to come on a slow news day at this point in the offseason like the Donald Jones news did.

Troup has been with the Bills for 3 seasons. I understand......it is easy to lose track but he's basically been in street clothes on gameday for the past two years.

The Troupacabra?

:w00t:

until he's officially no longer a Bill, there is hope he can help. If you have ever had back trouble of any kind, it totally shuts you down - now try being 300 + pounds and battling another 300 pound guy - tough to do

Yep. Be great if he can be Pettine's 3-4 nose, but given what we know he is probably done.

@ChrisBrownBillsTroup has same injury as Johnny Knox http://wp.me/plmrg-7sw

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2013/02/14/troup-has-same-injury-as-johnny-knox/

Bills DT Torell Troup is working his way back from a lengthy back rehab that's lasted about a year. We brought you up to speed on his progress recently. But Troup shed some light on the severity of his back injury in the wake of former Bears WR Johnny Knox's decision to retire after his back injury. In an exclusive with the Chicago Sun-Times, Knox confirmed that he's going to retire from football as he still has trouble walking without a limp. Running like an NFL wide receiver is just unrealistic after Knox suffered a spinal injury after a hit in the back from Anthony Hargrove at the end of the 2011 season.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Troup wasn't an unknown "whose he" guy to people who follow the draft. he was a good prospect, just one who should have been taken in the 3rd round... not the 2nd.

i like his play when healthy, and 320 is not too undersized... he was drafted to play NT and he could be at the very least a good #2 NT. tough injury though. but they kept him so no harm in seeing what he can do this year.. not like he's eating up a bunch of cap space or anything. he passes a physical, suit him up.

Troup wasn't an unknown "whose he" guy to people who follow the draft. he was a good prospect, just one who should have been taken in the 3rd round... not the 2nd.

Geez, the "Whitner" excuse....................not his fault where he was drafted

According to his Twitter account, Troup had a similar injury to Johnny Knox of the Bears. That's a pretty serious injury.

EDIT: I see that was alluded to in the Chris Brown article. FYI, Troup was asking how to get in contact with Johnny Knox yesterday.

Edited by BEAST MODE BABY!

• 1 month later...