The annual Torrell Troup article

TPS

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at our local AMVETS and a buddy of mine was mouthing off that he could do between four and five hundred pushups in less than five minutes. Being as drunk as we all were, a few people decided to take him up on a bet. My buddy had about 5 people bet a beer that he couldn't do it.

He ended up winning 5 free beers when he did 10 pushups.

The dude in the back doing the lunges is training his body for functional strength and flexibility. Smart move.

Troup is doing static leg presses with almost no range of motion. Not the smartest move.

I hope he can recover and help the Bills. They sure can use the help.

especially with a bad back. fixing a bad back is all about core and strength and range of motion. i do know that is what he did 2 years ago i believe, although he had another back injury so....hopefully he is really taking care of his back. once that is 100% fitness and strength are the easy parts

Reading this thread you'd think Bills fans were all yoked out of their mind and walking around picking things up and putting them down...

... yet each Sunday when I tune in to watch a Bills game at the Ralph, the stadium is full of fat old white dudes and skinny nerds in Zubaz and 1985 sunglasses.

I'm confused.

+1

Reading this thread you'd think Bills fans were all yoked out of their mind and walking around picking things up and putting them down...

... yet each Sunday when I tune in to watch a Bills game at the Ralph, the stadium is full of fat old white dudes and skinny nerds in Zubaz and 1985 sunglasses.

I'm confused.

You are and perhaps you should go to a game. When Lee Smith jumped in to the stands after a TD catch last year, as seen on tv, two black dudes aka the Chefs failed to catch him so he fell into the aisle. The stadium is not just full of fat old white dudes, there are some fat black dudes there also.

Hey yawl,

With all due respec'...

I dunno if this guy will ever be a player or not, but try to look at this: if kevin everett could do half that, would yawl be dissin' him like this? This bro bin thru a lot with that back. If u don' believe, just crack a vertebra or 2!

The angle of femur/pelvis flexion is very heartening for me to see. At least it means he'll be able to play with his kids: huge reward for all that pain. Pro football? who knows. but who will deny the cat is TRYING.

NOW.. tell me something in a person's character that beats givin' it your best shot.

[insert retorts about how effort doesn't win championships here] <- I ain't got any.

peace, out.

~AS

• 2 weeks later...

With his back problems, it is hard to count on Torrell Troup, but you can tell the guy is working very hard to try to make it back to the NFL. Once in a while I check him on twitter and it sounds like the guy lives to work out.

I am rooting for this guy because he is working hard and because he could help the defense if he is healthy.

Here is a recent photo that he posted:

https://twitter.com/TorellTroup/status/316618655100174336/photo/1

With his back problems, it is hard to count on Torrell Troup, but you can tell the guy is working very hard to try to make it back to the NFL. Once in a while I check him on twitter and it sounds like the guy lives to work out.

I am rooting for this guy because he is working hard and because he could help the defense if he is healthy.

Here is a recent photo that he posted:

https://twitter.com/TorellTroup/status/316618655100174336/photo/1

Same here. I have always wished him the best of luck. Sadly, players with his problem-- back problems never really go away.

Seems every year the Bills trot out an article about Troup and his battle back from his back. I like the guy, and wish he would recover and contribute, but I'm tired of the February articles that try to give hope he will eventually be a contributor.

So ur so tired of hearing about Troup you decided to create a thread about him and the yearly article about his back

You are and perhaps you should go to a game. When Lee Smith jumped in to the stands after a TD catch last year, as seen on tv, two black dudes aka the Chefs failed to catch him so he fell into the aisle. The stadium is not just full of fat old white dudes, there are some fat black dudes there also.

I didn't want to call out my homeys. I love those guys. They get a pass.

The way I look at it, Lee should have been smarter than to jump towards two dudes dressed like chefs. The smart play would have been towards the skinny nerds w/Zubaz.

I blame Lee.

I came away with three thoughts after reading the article:

1. We were mislead as to how close Troup was to coming back last year.

2. His goal is to weigh between 315 and 320? That's smaller than Marcel Dareus. No way that he can play NT at that weight, not even considering that his back problems may hinder his ability to take on double teams. He talks about playing from "sideline to sideline", but the Bills already have 4 "sideline to sideline" DTs. They need a space eater.

3. No one knows if Troup will be able to come back next season or if he will be any good if he does He hasn't played for two years and he was just a rookie then so at this point it's pie in the sky.

Not every NT weighs 350.

This whole thread speaks to a prevailing attitude among many here that is very troubling. How can there be this many negative posts about a guy who is injured and is clearly trying very hard to come back to help his team? I could understand if he really wasn't hurt and was just not trying - showing up out of shape etc, but that is not the case for Troup.

There is no reason IMHO for anyone to dump on him. Yes, I understand that we are all frustrated that the Bills have not been good for a long time, but there is no good reason to aim that frustration at Troup.