The annual Torrell Troup article

TPS

Seems every year the Bills trot out an article about Troup and his battle back from his back. I like the guy, and wish he would recover and contribute, but I'm tired of the February articles that try to give hope he will eventually be a contributor.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peyton Manning took 2 years to recover from a spinal fusion.

I believe Troop had one too, only of the lower back.

In an interview not long ago I believe Troop was quoted as having said if he could have the surgery all over again he'd elect not to have it.

This is a guy like many we've drafted who offer potential yet fail to show it.

If I'm the Bills FO I give this guy one more offseason and preseason to prove he can play ball.

He's only been here for what? I think it's gonna be his third year, this is his last shot, it's do it now or see ya, I hope he's finally healthy and can live up to his draft position, 2nd round right? We're all tired of the hype on this guy and in a few months we'll get the verdict..............either way Go Bills!!....

Edited by Speedy G

I came away with three thoughts after reading the article:

1. We were mislead as to how close Troup was to coming back last year.

2. His goal is to weigh between 315 and 320? That's smaller than Marcel Dareus. No way that he can play NT at that weight, not even considering that his back problems may hinder his ability to take on double teams. He talks about playing from "sideline to sideline", but the Bills already have 4 "sideline to sideline" DTs. They need a space eater.

3. No one knows if Troup will be able to come back next season or if he will be any good if he does He hasn't played for two years and he was just a rookie then so at this point it's pie in the sky.

He's only been here for what? I think it's gonna be his third year, this is his last shot, it's do it now or see ya, I hope he's finally healthy and can live up to his draft position, 2nd round right? We're all tired of the hype on this guy and in a few months we'll get the verdict..............either way Go Bills!!....

He was drafted in 2010 so this will be his fourth year. IMHO, this year's training camp will be his last chance with the Bills

Seems every year the Bills trot out an article about Troup and his battle back from his back. I like the guy, and wish he would recover and contribute, but I'm tired of the February articles that try to give hope he will eventually be a contributor.

Troup's ceiling was not very high even when healthy, IMO, based on what I had seen of him in college. Undersized frame for a NT for sure.

I honestly think Buddy is just holding on to him to save face. I anticipate he will be quietly released at some point during the offseason when fans' attention is elsewhere, like after some new acquisitions.

I reminisced in the "Donte kinda' sucks" thread about the time that lil' D "tweeted" from camp that Torrell Troup was better than Ndamukong Suh.

That was officially the high point of the Torrell Troup story.

Then Suh proceeds to rack up 10 sacks and earn not just pro bowl but All Pro recognition.

Good times.

On the positive side for Troup, he made some money for his trouble, which is more than many guys who get injured out of the league can say.

Edited by BADOLBEELZ

until he's officially no longer a Bill, there is hope he can help. If you have ever had back trouble of any kind, it totally shuts you down - now try being 300 + pounds and battling another 300 pound guy - tough to do

If you cannot be the best at your position, why would you want to play. Spinal injuries are serious and players should take them seriously. Rather than play at a half-pace, they should simply walk away from the game. It is simply not worth it. Every time they show that Baltimore Raven player in the wheel chair, it brings tears to my eyes...Why did he have to suffer and go through this for the rest of his life.

If you cannot be the best at your position, why would you want to play. Spinal injuries are serious and players should take them seriously. Rather than play at a half-pace, they should simply walk away from the game. It is simply not worth it. Every time they show that Baltimore Raven player in the wheel chair, it brings tears to my eyes...Why did he have to suffer and go through this for the rest of his life.

that player is O. J. Brigance and he suffers from Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) also known as Lou Gerhigs disease. There is no known cause for ALS.

as far as Troupe is concerned, he is a bust from day one and in my opinion, will stay a bust.

Troup's ceiling was not very high even when healthy, IMO, based on what I had seen of him in college. Undersized frame for a NT for sure.

I honestly think Buddy is just holding on to him to save face. I anticipate he will be quietly released at some point during the offseason when fans' attention is elsewhere, like after some new acquisitions.

I reminisced in the "Donte kinda' sucks" thread about the time that lil' D "tweeted" from camp that Torrell Troup was better than Ndamukong Suh.

That was officially the high point of the Torrell Troup story.

Then Suh proceeds to rack up 10 sacks and earn not just pro bowl but All Pro recognition.

Good times.

On the positive side for Troup, he made some money for his trouble, which is more than many guys who get injured out of the league can say.

So Whitner tried to prop up his teammate? What a richard.

Whatever on Troup. He's a sunk cost. Injuries suck but he didn't work out. He should just retire.

He has been here only 2 years. Showed some promise his rookie year before injury which turned out to be a BROKEN BACK. The guy busted his ass all off season to come back but just wasn't ready so he went back to BUSTING HIS ASS to be ready for this year, year 3. I don't get all the hate towards him, rather to me he is a guy that I think we should all be pulling for. I know I am. If he is healthy he can be a nice addition to a pretty talended D line. The guy is giving 100%.....this is no McCargo situation.