D. Bell Released by Eagles

Peter

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He was always a raw prospect, and seemed to try his hardest when he was here.

Yes he did, but he was too small (never believed his listed weight) and too weak (9 reps with 225 at the combines).

I hope that Glenn does return to his early season form. It will mean a lot to this team.

Ya our HC that used to be an offensive lineman and line coach will neglect that area of the team for sure

I think he was getting at the fact that more may be expected from guys and they won't look as good. Chans scheme was pretty good at masking flaws at all the position groups....

I think he was getting at the fact that more may be expected from guys and they won't look as good. Chans scheme was pretty good at masking flaws at all the position groups....

Yes. It won't be as easy when the majority of passes stop coming out in 2 seconds and running plays aren't primarily against nickel defenses. And if Fitz goes then they also lose his ability to read blitzes and adjust the blocking scheme/play to compensate, which is the best thing that he does, IMO. I think that there is some talent on the OL but I don't expect them to look as good as they have the last couple of seasons.

Edited by vincec

I never saw the reason why he started in the first place

He did well in Gailey's OL friendly system but got exposed when he went to Philly. I hope that the same thing doesn't happen to some of the other linemen with the change in regime here in Buffalo.

I never saw him as a stater either. I think many Bills fans will be surprised at how that line performs without Fitz and in Gaileys short / quick throwing schemes. The only 3 players I consider worthy are Wood, levitre and Glenn. then consider Wood always end his season on IR. The Bills need depth at C and more talent at RT-RG. JMO

3.5 million is an expensive tryout

This attests the economic power of the NFL,and pro sports in general, and how it rewards elite athletes. He was no better then mediocre, yet was set to make $9.6 million this year. Is there any other profession (maybe Hollywood, hedge fund manager, Wal-Mart heir?) where if you were just able to make it a step above mediocre, you could make $9.6 million in a year?

I never saw the reason why he started in the first place

I never saw him as a stater either. I think many Bills fans will be surprised at how that line performs without Fitz and in Gaileys short / quick throwing schemes. The only 3 players I consider worthy are Wood, levitre and Glenn. then consider Wood always end his season on IR. The Bills need depth at C and more talent at RT-RG. JMO

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

demetrius bell is a prime example of the idea that our offensive scheming hiding our poor O-Line play. Bell was part of a line that kept Fitz from being one of the least sacked QB's in the league, yet in Philly...abismal. we have an average or slightly above average line, nothing spectacular, we will start to see that soon.