New gun control thread!

What? In a city that is surrounded by places with lax gun laws? God, that's the stupidest argument ever

Chicago proper borders Indiana (Hammond). That's the problem everywhere with tough gun laws. They will just bring them in from areas that have lax laws. Everybody has to get on the same page or laws/regulation will not work. Doesn't matter what the laws are, people just break them. Criminals love setting up on borders. Look @ Capone... Everywhere he went he set up where you can cross state/country borders.

Chicago proper borders Indiana (Hammond). That's the problem everywhere with tough gun laws. They will just bring them in from areas that have lax laws. Everybody has to get on the same page or laws/regulation will not work. Doesn't matter what the laws are, people just break them. Criminals love setting up on borders. Look @ Capone... Everywhere he went he set up where you can cross state/country borders.

That pretty much says it all. It applies to the POTUS and his gang as well.

Nothing to see here people, move along... Just Idaho and Walmart.

http://www.foxnews.c...old-in-walmart/

"An Idaho nuclear research scientist who had taken her young relatives to Walmart to spend their holiday gift cards was killed Tuesday when her 2-year-old son pulled a loaded pistol from her purse and shot her."

"She was not the least bit irresponsible," Terry Rutledge said.

Nice spin. It isn't obviously the weapon at fault or the 2 year old (how can you blame a two-year year old for shooting his mom?) then she must have been irresponsible. There is a gun in her purse, who's watching the purse/child? Sounds like irresponsibility to me. Just a wee bit. Guns don't kill, people do even if they are a two-year old.

Guns 1 - Nuclear Scientists 0

WTF! Welcome to 'Idiocracy."

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Nothing to see here people, move along... Just Idaho and Walmart.

http://www.foxnews.c...old-in-walmart/

"An Idaho nuclear research scientist who had taken her young relatives to Walmart to spend their holiday gift cards was killed Tuesday when her 2-year-old son pulled a loaded pistol from her purse and shot her."

"She was not the least bit irresponsible," Terry Rutledge said.

Nice spin. It isn't obviously the weapon at fault or the 2 year old (how can you blame a two-year year old for shooting his mom?) then she must have been irresponsible. There is a gun in her purse, who's watching the purse/child? Sounds like irresponsibility to me. Just a wee bit. Guns don't kill, people do even if they are a two-year old.

Guns 1 - Nuclear Scientists 0

WTF! Welcome to 'Idiocracy."

New Year.........same old spin

This is terrible. Full of errors (automatics aren’t banned), lies, misunderstandings, and unwarranted moral preening.

http://www.newyorker.com/news/daily-comment/newtown-lawsuit-moral-work-gun-control

My favorite part is the suggestion that guns that work as designed are akin to cars that have lethal design flaws.

And people wonder why France has a reputation

After rushing from the Charlie Hebdo offices, the assailants escaped in a car toward the north of Paris, according to a police officer at the scene. French television news reported they abandoned it in northeast Paris. They later ran into a police patrol near the Porte de Pantin on the city’s northern limit, where they exchanged fire with the police, but got away.

New Year.........same old spin

This is terrible. Full of errors (automatics aren’t banned), lies, misunderstandings, and unwarranted moral preening.

http://www.newyorker.com/news/daily-comment/newtown-lawsuit-moral-work-gun-control

My favorite part is the suggestion that guns that work as designed are akin to cars that have lethal design flaws.

"Gun control stops gun violence. Gun possession does not deter crime; it merely makes it more lethal."

No stats, no research, just his opinion.

Unlike Mr. Kleck who has stats and research.

http://criminology.fsu.edu/faculty-and-staff/college-faculty/gary-kleck/

This can't help:

Benoit Bringer, a journalist with Agence Premiere Ligne who saw the attack, told the iTele network he saw several masked men armed with machine guns. He said two officers arrived on bicycles, then — apparently unarmed — they left.

A reporter for Britain’s Telegraph newspaper in Paris told Sky News that the first officers to arrive fled after seeing two or three gunmen armed with automatic weapons and possibly a grenade launcher.

Edited by 4merper4mer

France has sensible gun laws, but ultimately useless, as I have to believe that it's shockingly easy to smuggle guns into France. Fishing boat from Algeria to Marseilles, which is rife with organized crime.

France has sensible gun laws, but ultimately useless, as I have to believe that it's shockingly easy to smuggle guns into France. Fishing boat from Algeria to Marseilles, which is rife with organized crime.

You've been watching too many 70's crime movies.

I was thinking that he sounded suspiciously French.

The problem with the internet is that everytime you see Tom saying "You idiot," you don't get to see him slapping someone across the face with a white glove.

But he does.

True story.

Edited by LABillzFan

I think there are statistics on when a gun owner uses the weapon in self-defense. What's unclear is the record keeping and statistics on the accidental deaths. That fact was mentioned even in the FOX News article when the ran the original story about the Idaho woman.

IMO, it would be beneficial to compile these stats. I wonder why they don't OR why they are so hard to find.

I think there are statistics on when a gun owner uses the weapon in self-defense. What's unclear is the record keeping and statistics on the accidental deaths. That fact was mentioned even in the FOX News article when the ran the original story about the Idaho woman.

IMO, it would be beneficial to compile these stats. I wonder why they don't OR why they are so hard to find.

There isn't a set standard for it, much like police shootings.

Personally I'd like to see the real stats for shootings involving gangs and drugs. I suspect that the average American who isn't involved in gang or drug culture is just as safe as the average European.

• 3 weeks later...