New gun control thread!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, last year I had a pair of these confiscated by Australian airport security. Wifey had put them in my toiletries kit instead of in her checked baggage.

I'm just glad we were allowed to continue to our flight and get back to the land of the truly insane.

300.JPG

I can top that. Way back in about 1993, one of the security hippies at Sea/Tac took my son's rubber knife. The thing could literally be tied into a knot. Good job, Chachi. Make sure you talk about your exploits when you're back at the trailer.

Just after 9/11 (literally, that October), I was taking a flight out of BWI. The flight was delayed half an hour because THE PILOT was detained at security for trying to "smuggle" NAIL CLIPPERS in his carry-on. But they never noticed the 3-inch pocket knife I forgot to take out of my bag.

Either that flight, or the flight before, I couldn't get anything sharper than a spoon in the terminal restaurants. Couldn't even get a sandwich cut in half, because absolutely no knives were allowed beyond security checkpoints. But on the plane, I asked for and got a steak knife with my meal.

Couldn't even get a sandwich cut in half, because absolutely no knives were allowed beyond security checkpoints.

I remember getting utensils to eat. Metal fork. Plastic butter knife. Because a metal fork will never be as dangerous as a metal butter knife.