New gun control thread!

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Pier-shooting-suspect-had-been-released-from-S-F-6365228.php

Seven felonies, deported five times, in custody in SFO yet inexplicably released AGAIN. Somehow able to acquire a handgun in notoriously anti-gun California and murder a law abiding citizen. Yup, laws certainly prevent crime.

I know, I know. If we make guns illegal in the entire country this won't happen. Just like making drugs illegal and passing laws to secure the border without any significant physical security measures are "working."

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Pier-shooting-suspect-had-been-released-from-S-F-6365228.php

Seven felonies, deported five times, in custody in SFO yet inexplicably released AGAIN. Somehow able to acquire a handgun in notoriously anti-gun California and murder a law abiding citizen. Yup, laws certainly prevent crime.

I know, I know. If we make guns illegal in the entire country this won't happen. Just like making drugs illegal and passing laws to secure the border without any significant physical security measures are "working."

He was oppressed by the Koch Brothers.

SFO is the quintessential sanctuary city. Ironically, he will likely be more pilloried in that area when people find out what he really meant to shoot was a sea lion. #sealionlivesmatterwhitechicksnotsomuch

A shooting this morning at Walter Reed medical center.

Well...a single gun shot.

That one person reported hearing.

Anyhow...everything's shut down for about a mile around Wisconsin Avenue in Bethesda. Probably will be until mid-afternoon.

We've reached the point of paranoia in this society where one person reporting one loud bang they can't identify can shut down a major portion of a large town.

FTA

""We must stem the flow of guns into the city," he said."

NO, you must stop the demand for the guns. You have get people to stop hating each other!!!

A little of both wouldn't hurt, but really this would just turn to stabbings or something similar without guns. Even me, an "anti gun nut", realizes that gun laws do little if there's ready availability and demand (the bad sort).

Anyhow...everything's shut down for about a mile around Wisconsin Avenue in Bethesda. Probably will be until mid-afternoon.

We've reached the point of paranoia in this society where one person reporting one loud bang they can't identify can shut down a major portion of a large town.

UPDATE:

The police just held a press conference, where they said "based on the unconfirmed reports of a possible gunshot" three hours ago, of which they've found "no evidence," they are evacuating the Walter Reed campus and calling in the bomb-sniffing dogs.

That's exactly what happened at the Navy Yard last week. Though, not surprising considering the 12 shot there a couple years ago.

That's exactly what happened at the Navy Yard last week. Though, not surprising considering the 12 shot there a couple years ago.

The Navy Yard thing was ridiculous. Never in history has more coverage been dedicated to covering nothing happening.

But all this for one unconfirmed report of a possible gun shot from someone who more likely than not has never heard a gun outside the movies. One person can now shut down any school, hospital, sporting event, office building, or shopping mall with a phone call - without repercussions, because "I really thought I heard something. I was scared. Better safe than sorry."

Terrorists don't even have to attack targets any more...just call the police and say they may have attacked a target earlier today. Hell, wait 'til high school kids figure out this is more effective and less risk than bomb threats for getting out of class.

UPDATE:

The police just held a press conference, where they said "based on the unconfirmed reports of a possible gunshot" three hours ago, of which they've found "no evidence," they are evacuating the Walter Reed campus and calling in the bomb-sniffing dogs.

UPDATE: the all-clear has been given. Police have found no evidence of A LOUD NOISE REPORTED FOUR HOURS AGO. :wallbash:

This is why a nation-wide solution is needed. Guns are too portable for control to be effective in isolated areas

Groups sue Chicago suburbs for more gun control

CHICAGO (Reuters) - A group of civil rights activists on Tuesday filed a lawsuit against three Chicago suburbs to force them to take stricter gun-control measures to stem the flow of weapons into the city's crime-ridden neighborhoods.

The complaint filed in Cook County Circuit Court against the towns of Riverdale, Lyons and Lincolnwood said gunshops there, along with stores in Gary, Indiana, supply a fifth of guns seized by police at crime scenes in the city.

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKCN0PH2J620150707?irpc=932

Edited by JTSP

The complaint filed in Cook County Circuit Court against the towns of Riverdale, Lyons and Lincolnwood said gunshops there, along with stores in Gary, Indiana, supply a fifth of guns seized by police at crime scenes in the city.

What they need to do is go to those gun stores and ask them to bake a gay-themed wedding cake. When the owner refuses, sue them. They'll be out of business in no time. Problem solved.