New gun control thread!

Why?

Public safety

The Second Amendment, by itself, does not apply to the States, but rather to the Federal Government, which is why the Washington DC gun ban was ruled unConstitutional.

Combined with the Equal Protection Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment, which states: " No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States.", you certainly have a case.

You could, then, make the same case about owning a tactical nuclear weapon

It's an armament, right? and denying a person it's use is infringing on said persons right, correct?

Yep.

However, denying a person access to nuclear material under NRC and DOE regulations isn't. So go ahead, buy yourself a nuke...except buying and selling nukes is illegal under the NPT.

Now let's do bioweapons... :pirate:

Yep.

However, denying a person access to nuclear material under NRC and DOE regulations isn't. So go ahead, buy yourself a nuke...except buying and selling nukes is illegal under the NPT.

Now let's do bioweapons... :pirate:

Are the explosive materials in the warhead of an RPG illegal under some law?

Are the explosive materials in the warhead of an RPG illegal under some law?

Don't know precisely what's in the warhead. Most likely RDX, TNT, or PETN in some mixture, which you can purchase legally with a license. The copper and plastic blocks are certainly legal.

And yes I would love an RPG!!!!

I want a Howitzer, or at least a 19th century cannon, just because one of my neighbors does the blinky Christmas lights thing. My idea of turnabout involves the Fourth of July, turning up the volume on my stereo to the tune of the 1812 Overture, and finishing it off with a bang :P

Thought experiment:

Just imagine what the media and liberals would be saying if this idea came from a conservative :

Speaking to the Aspen Institute on February 6, Michael Bloomberg said cities should ban young minority males from owning guns, both as an effort to reduce crime and to keep those minority males “alive.”

According to
, Bloomberg addressed a variety of topics, and after commenting on poverty and education, he discussed guns. The
Times
reported that he said, “Cities need to get guns out of [the] … hands” of persons who are “male, minority, and between the ages of 15 and 25.”

He claimed that “95 percent of all murders fall into this category” and that taking guns away from them will not only reduce crime, but will “keep them alive.”

Bloomberg said male minorities from the ages of 15 to 25 do not have a good outlook on life and “think they’re going to get killed anyway because all their friends are getting killed.” He also said having a gun “is a joke” for them, that “it’s a joke to pull the trigger.”

Nothing like bringing back Jim Crow. And helpful for revealing who the real authoritarians are in American politics.

As many southern blacks from the civil rights era will tell you, it was their ownership of guns that kept the violence against blacks (from Democrats, let us remember—Bull Connor was a member of the Democratic National Committee) from being even worse than it was. Sure we have gang-bangers today who take a fearsome toll. But how many law abiding minorities in bad neighborhoods want to place their safety in the hands of the response times of Mayor DeBlasio’s NYPD right now?

Bloomberg should stick to banning sugary sodas.

Coincidentally, the Washington Post has just published Rosa Parks’s papers:

When Rosa Parks was a little girl in rural Alabama, she would stay up at night, keeping watch with her grandfather as he stood guard with a shotgun against marauding members of the Ku Klux Klan.

More at the link: http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2015/02/bloomberg-jumps-whole-oceans-of-sharks.php

Nothing like stereotyping a demographic. This is the dumbest thing I've heard come out of a person's mouth in a long time.

I'll at least give him credit for saying what most progressives refuse to admit...inner-city black males between the ages of 15-25 are responsible for countless murders in this country.

The idea of trying to ban them from guns is ludicrous, but I'd rather have him discussing the real issue aided by a stupid solution than watching the rest of the progressive world ignore the murder problems in the inner-cities simply because there's no money in it.

That's right. I'm talking to you, Rev. Al and Barry O.

Have I done that it is that just a general response?

I thought it was you that had supported that.

At any rate, I know someone here did, so it applies as a general comment.

That proves nothing. It's not even suggestive, except to the simple-minded. Adjust it for size and effectiveness of policing (general patrolling, anti-gang, and anti-drug enforcement), community outreach and involvement, population density, age distribution, and a host of other socio-economic factors I'm not even thinking of, and maybe you'll develop something that suggests concealed carry is a factor.

I thought it was you that had supported that.

At any rate, I know someone here did, so it applies as a general comment.

That proves nothing. It's not even suggestive, except to the simple-minded. Adjust it for size and effectiveness of policing (general patrolling, anti-gang, and anti-drug enforcement), community outreach and involvement, population density, age distribution, and a host of other socio-economic factors I'm not even thinking of, and maybe you'll develop something that suggests concealed carry is a factor.

How many pages would it take to provide that information? No one would read it.

This is so simple Obama could read it.

An armed society is a polite society.

It's been proven time and again that when concealed carried is enacted crime decreases.

http://dailycaller.com/2015/01/19/illinois-cops-concealed-carry-law-has-not-turned-state-into-wild-wild-west/

Edited by Gary M

OMG!! :doh:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/19/us/in-bid-to-allow-guns-on-campus-weapons-are-linked-to-fighting-sexual-assault.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&module=second-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0

:lol:

The sponsor of a bill in Nevada, Assemblywoman Michele Fiore, said in a telephone interview: “If these young, hot little girls on campus have a firearm, I wonder how many men will want to assault them. The sexual assaults that are occurring would go down once these sexual predators get a bullet in their head.”