New gun control thread!

But who cares, right? Black gun scary. NRA crazy. Shootings sad. Automatic, shmautomatic. The real question: Are you on the right side? No? Me good. You bad. Let’s not get bogged down in the facts.

Since when does the left care about facts or the truth when there's a lie born of petty hysterics and misguided stupidity to spin?

Fact: Ohio is an open carry state.

Why should it be a death sentence to openly carry? Just because the police don't like it? Becasue they "perceive" somebody to be threatening. Shouldn't the police be enforcing the law to allow people to openly carry? Why even move to open carry if people are going to get shot without first being asked to put the weapon down (if they are acting squirrely w/said weapon)? In an open carry state, shouldn't the police first order the person to stop posing as a threat, if in fact they are really posing as a threat? It seems just carrying a gun in public is a threat. That can't be.

Be careful what we wish for. If we want wild, wild west, why does it make police uneasy seeing people openly carry? Seeing people carrying weapons out in the open is just going to get more commonplace. I suppose we have to get used to it and wait for bullets to start flying before the police or somebody else returns fire.

The governor of Virginia wants to make it illegal to buy more than one gun a month, and suspend gun ownership rights for anyone who falls behind on child support...

What? Are multiple gun purchases in a 30-day period really such a serious problem? Does buying two guns in a month somehow correlate to gun violence? Is that really worth the money it takes to enforce? And what's the point of the "child support" idea? Gun control, or child support? What exactly does that accomplish?

The governor of Virginia wants to make it illegal to buy more than one gun a month, and suspend gun ownership rights for anyone who falls behind on child support...

What? Are multiple gun purchases in a 30-day period really such a serious problem? Does buying two guns in a month somehow correlate to gun violence? Is that really worth the money it takes to enforce? And what's the point of the "child support" idea? Gun control, or child support? What exactly does that accomplish?

Well sir, that would be Terry McAuliffe, which kind of answers itself.

Liberals pass laws to make themselves feel better , Conservatives (try to)pass law to actually get results.

You see, in Terry's mind the average Virginian's thought is this.................." well I can't afford to get new assault rifle AND still feed the "young'ns.......I guess I'll go with the firepower.......Yeeehaw!

For one thing, it will disproportionately "disarm" blacks.

Behold the Worst Anti-Gun Commercial in American History

by Charles C.W. Cooke

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFOhBAH3zPA

One can only imagine that the spot’s producers consider their set up to be inordinately clever. “Hey,” you can almost hear them say, “we’ll make it look as if there’s going to be a school shooting, and then he’ll hand it over to his teacher and all will be well!”

In fact, it is difficult to imagine a more irresponsible storyline. We’re talking about children here, remember

impressionable, easily led, ignorant children. (Adults are an entirely separate question.) As a rule, we teach our kids that they if they see a firearm they should refrain from touching it, and go and tell an adult. In the commercial, however, the child is shown doing the exact opposite. “If you see a gun,” the ad suggests, “pick it up, put it in a bag, and then jostle it around in front of other children.” One can only wonder at how many kids will now need to be told that they must not, under any circumstances, do this.

Moreover, in the course of his little ploy, the kid breaks pretty much every law on the books. He takes a gun out of his house (not only is this felony burglary, but he’s not old enough to carry a firearm in public); he then takes that gun into a school (that’s against federal and state law); and, finally, he transfers it to a teacher without a background check, thereby breaking the very rule that progressives tell us is necessary to keep us all safe from gun violence. And for what, pray?

Typically, anti-gun commercials focus in on a specific safety issue: a lack of trigger locks, or background checks, or safe-storage, for example. This one seems to feature a child who is saying, “I don’t want any guns in the house at all.” This absolute approach is extreme, even for today’s class of wildly incompetent control freaks. Worse, perhaps, the child seems to believe that the public school system exists as a general service that he might use if he wishes to deprive his parents of their constitutional rights — an implication, let’s say, that is unlikely to win many converts.

Disaster.

Behold the Worst Anti-Gun Commercial in American History

by Charles C.W. Cooke

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFOhBAH3zPA

One can only imagine that the spot’s producers consider their set up to be inordinately clever. “Hey,” you can almost hear them say, “we’ll make it look as if there’s going to be a school shooting, and then he’ll hand it over to his teacher and all will be well!”

In fact, it is difficult to imagine a more irresponsible storyline. We’re talking about children here, remember

impressionable, easily led, ignorant children. (Adults are an entirely separate question.) As a rule, we teach our kids that they if they see a firearm they should refrain from touching it, and go and tell an adult. In the commercial, however, the child is shown doing the exact opposite. “If you see a gun,” the ad suggests, “pick it up, put it in a bag, and then jostle it around in front of other children.” One can only wonder at how many kids will now need to be told that they must not, under any circumstances, do this.

Moreover, in the course of his little ploy, the kid breaks pretty much every law on the books. He takes a gun out of his house (not only is this felony burglary, but he’s not old enough to carry a firearm in public); he then takes that gun into a school (that’s against federal and state law); and, finally, he transfers it to a teacher without a background check, thereby breaking the very rule that progressives tell us is necessary to keep us all safe from gun violence. And for what, pray?

Typically, anti-gun commercials focus in on a specific safety issue: a lack of trigger locks, or background checks, or safe-storage, for example. This one seems to feature a child who is saying, “I don’t want any guns in the house at all.” This absolute approach is extreme, even for today’s class of wildly incompetent control freaks. Worse, perhaps, the child seems to believe that the public school system exists as a general service that he might use if he wishes to deprive his parents of their constitutional rights — an implication, let’s say, that is unlikely to win many converts.

Disaster.

I wouldn't feel safe without a gun in my house.

I wouldn't feel safe without a gun in my house.

You must not feel safe in your home. That's a problem. For me it's the exact opposite. If I didn't feel safe , I'd move.

I was never robbed or broken into. And by some people's standards, its bad where I live and work. I am not in denial either. Just not paranoid or neurotic enough to worry about something that probably won't happen.

A student @ my son's school just shot & killed himself. Supposedly, he was home alone and and heard what he THOUGHT was an intruder. He went to get the family firearm and it fell to the floor as he was setting it down... The thing went off and killed him. Now I have my doubts about the story? Was it really suicide? Same w/my son having his doubts. Is the family covering up? I guess they will know more when the investigation is finished... Ballistics, angle of the bullet, etc... Well I hope!

You must not feel safe in your home. That's a problem. For me it's the exact opposite. If I didn't feel safe , I'd move.

I was never robbed or broken into. And by some people's standards, its bad where I live and work. I am not in denial either. Just not paranoid or neurotic enough to worry about something that probably won't happen.

A student @ my son's school just shot & killed himself. Supposedly, he was home alone and and heard what he THOUGHT was an intruder. He went to get the family firearm and it fell to the floor as he was setting it down... The thing went off and killed him. Now I have my doubts about the story? Was it really suicide? Same w/my son having his doubts. Is the family covering up? I guess they will know more when the investigation is finished... Ballistics, angle of the bullet, etc... Well I hope!

Oh I feel very safe my home now that I have a gun. Our house was broken in to after a year of living there. We learned the original owners were victims of a home invasion robbery. They were tied up and terrorized for hours. You come in my house now and try that you're meeting resistance. We live in a nice area with expensive homes but that's where the break ins occur and all the cops are busy down in the flat lands.

Oh I feel very safe my home now that I have a gun. Our house was broken in to after a year of living there. We learned the original owners were victims of a home invasion robbery. They were tied up and terrorized for hours. You come in my house now and try that you're meeting resistance. We live in a nice area with expensive homes but that's where the break ins occur and all the cops are busy down in the flat lands hunting down and killing black people.

According to some. Edited by Nanker

I see what you mean, the NRA has made it so easy for criminals, crazy people and sleep walkers to get guns that you would assume any criminal that breaks in somewhere would have one

I get the distinct feeling that you're going out of your way to be even dumber than usual today.

Why do you do that?

I get the distinct feeling that you're going out of your way to be even dumber than usual today.

Why do you do that?

You just drag me down there man.

You are my favorite poster though :)