5 Potential Bills Cap Casualties

T master

As soon as I saw this was from Bleacher Report, I had to remind myself that Howard Stern has not been funny in years, and that WGR sucks...and that Jerry Sullivan is a bitter old basketball fan... :rolleyes:

All that out of the way...I can see all of these things happening...and I wouldn't be terribly upset...though I do kinda like Fitz & McGee...but Fitz is not good, and I still have to remind myself that McGee is still on the team.

Edited by Buftex

Thanks for the post.

I guess Wilson would be the only one I would have an interest in keeping since I don't believe Searcy is a viable replacement.

Did anyone look at their mock draft that followed? With Geno Smith available who I would take in a minute,

they had us taking a defensive end I never heard of. Sheesh.

CUT 'EM ALL!

-I've always believed that Brad Smith had untapped potential, but it's too late in the day to start that kind of work.

Fitz, Brad, George... Happy trails to you!

As soon as I saw this was from Bleacher Report, I had to remind myself that Howard Stern has not been funny in years, and that WGR sucks...and that Jerry Sullivan is a bitter old basketball fan... :rolleyes:

All that out of the way...I can see all of these things happening...and I wouldn't be terribly upset...though I do kinda like Fitz & McGee...but Fitz is not good, and I still have to remind myself that McGee is still on the team.

it's a business... Fitz and McGee aren't up to industry standard for their respective jobs. There's too much good stuff in this draft, for OBD to be sentimental over a bunch of guys who don't pull their weight anymore. -NEXT!

I would keep Wilson and I would replace him with Spencer Johnson on that list.

While I thought he stunk last year, I'd keep Wilson too. Is spencer Johnson still under contract? I thought he was set to be a FA.

While I thought he stunk last year, I'd keep Wilson too. Is spencer Johnson still under contract? I thought he was set to be a FA.

Yes Spencer Johnson is a UFA, that is why he would not be on the list.

I am in agreement with most of those choices. Although I would be fine with keeping Wilson.

Thanks for the post.

I guess Wilson would be the only one I would have an interest in keeping since I don't believe Searcy is a viable replacement.

Did anyone look at their mock draft that followed? With Geno Smith available who I would take in a minute,

they had us taking a defensive end I never heard of. Sheesh.

Yeah I saw that too. I am a bit skeptical of Geno Smith, but it would be unimaginable if he fell to the Bills and they passed on him.

Having said that, Ezekial Ansah would be a good pick.

I agree with Fixxer. Keep Wilson for depth but renegotiate his contract like they did with McGee last year as he is getting older so will have to take a pay cut. The others are gonners. I'd still draft a QB in the 2nd round, and pick up Alex Smith. Spencer Johnson can go into the night. Kelsey's old and hurt as well as McGee. Fitz may be a nice guy, but he was horrible last year. He was 32 out of 32 QB's last year for passes longer than 15 years.

Youth movement...staff, and players alike.

Tuf call on Fitz. I'd like to see them attempt to restructure his deal to get it back down to earth and bring in some healthy competition. He'd be a very good back up, imho. If he's not willing to negotiate a new deal, then bye bye.

Kelsay is a no brainer, numbers wise. He's at the very tail end of a mediocre career and has been plagued with injuries the last 2 seasons. I don't even see them tryiong to restructure his contract, vet presence or not.

Same goes for McGee...

I really like Wilson, on and off the field...but, the last regime was phasing him out so, who knows.

Smith's versatility will be very attractive to the new staff. Typical of this organization, he was not properly utilized, hence the call for his head by many here.

All can go except for Wilson, who I believed had a down year due to the misdirection by the Stache. He can have another year to prove he isn't going downhill. But, I still would draft his replacement (or find one in FA) this year.

I think they dropped the ball and let his replacement, Delano Howell, walk. He got picked up by Indi and will be a name I'll be watching for.

Smith's versatility will be very attractive to the new staff. Typical of this organization, he was not properly utilized, hence the call for his head by many here.

The point is that $4M is a little much for a guy that can "play all the skill positions" and none of them very well. Heck, the NFL is even phasing out the kick return game, which is Smith's biggest "contribution". He was not one of Budley's better moves in re-architecting the Bills; he was a trinket to add to the bauble box under the "Wild Bison" tab of random, identity-lacking offensive plays.