5 Potential Bills Cap Casualties

T master

Brad Smith can play WR, QB and KR but doesn't do any of them well. The guy is completely worthless, it has nothing to do with misuse.

I look around the league at what passes for a backup QB, and I think Fitz is better than a majority of those guys. Absolutely no harm in keeping him around strictly as the #2.

And Wilson may not be perfect, but who's gonna play strong safety? Add it to the long list of needs?

another poster put up a position by position rating done by the entire league.

Wilso was ranked in the top 10 according to the grading. I think he was a victim somewhat of a bad schemed D. Also we where accustomed to hearing his name a lot more in 2011. I do not think he had a 'bad year'. Just did not make huge plays like he did in 2011.

I wouldn't have a problem cutting any and all of those players.

Same here.

We have to take a different mentality when it comes to veterans who just aren't worth their contracts. The coaching staff is a new beginning. The young productive players are worth keeping mixed in with value veterans. The face of this roster needs to change and freeing up room to resign Levitre and Byrd plus sign some key FA's needs to be the focus period.

another poster put up a position by position rating done by the entire league.

Wilso was ranked in the top 10 according to the grading. I think he was a victim somewhat of a bad schemed D. Also we where accustomed to hearing his name a lot more in 2011. I do not think he had a 'bad year'. Just did not make huge plays like he did in 2011.

I agree the scheme may be part of Wilson's problems and I look forward to seeing him play under pettines' scheme. My issue with him lies in the fact that when he did have opportunities to make "huge" plays, he choked. He dropped a few would be game ending interceptions in games we ended up losing. We have to have guys out there that can capitalize. Those picks he dropped were BAD.