Now that the coaching carousel has stopped-- how did the Bills do?

Casey D

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a joke! The Bills hired an (old retread/inexperienced nobody). They should have (acted quickly/waited till the SB was over) instead of (acting quickly/waiting till the SB was over). I wanted an (experienced NFL coach/up-and-coming college coach) and instead we hired an (old retread/inexperienced nobody). I'm so done with this team!

PTR

Perfect comment!!!

What a joke! The Bills hired an (old retread/inexperienced nobody). They should have (acted quickly/waited till the SB was over) instead of (acting quickly/waiting till the SB was over). I wanted an (experienced NFL coach/up-and-coming college coach) and instead we hired an (old retread/inexperienced nobody). I'm so done with this team!

PTR

Love this. It covers all possible complaints.

• Personally, I like the hire. Marrone is an NFL guy that went back to the college ranks to gain some HC experience. I love the hire of Pettine and I think that Hacket will surprise people. He comes from a coaching family and seems to have a good football intellect. I like the mixture of ex-NFL players in the position coaches. I believe this will prove to be a good hire, but as others have stated, time will tell.

Early word is, we may have won 2 off seasons in a row!

But obviously we alway shave to "wait and see". The bottom line is that there were a lot of openings and a really mediocre to crappy litter of coaching candidates to pick from. I think few would have, say, 2 months ago, jumped on Marrone and Hackett as the rumored next Bills Hc and OC....

Overall, I'm into the Marrone hire.

I love the defensive side of this staff...

But, offensive staff wise...I'm a little weary

For a long time, the game calling on the offensive side of the ball has been an issue. (Also, not forgetting the defensive play calling)

Meaning, can Hackett and Marrone transfer over to the professional side of offensive play calling from the college level?!...or will defensive minded coaches--like Billicheat and Rex Ryan abuse us still in 2013, because our system is so simply read?!

Only time will tell!

Edited by KollegeStudnet

The Bills got who they wanted for a coach. They didn't see their candidate snapped up by another team. It was timely and efficient.

There was no long tortured process like the Eagles which didn't sprinkle doubt, butdropped it in from a coal truck with a chute for the fan base;

You didn't hire a man running away from serious emotional problems and leaving a program still on fire like Andy Reid;

You don't spend weeks hiring GMs and then hiring whatever coaches are left like San Diego and Jacksonville.

I thought the Bills handled this coach search as well as any team could. It was professionally done.

The Bills got who they wanted for a coach. They didn't see their candidate snapped up by another team. It was timely and efficient.

There was no long tortured process like the Eagles which didn't sprinkle doubt, butdropped it in from a coal truck with a chute for the fan base;

You didn't hire a man running away from serious emotional problems and leaving a program still on fire like Andy Reid;

You don't spend weeks hiring GMs and then hiring whatever coaches are left like San Diego and Jacksonville.

I thought the Bills handled this coach search as well as any team could. It was professionally done.

Well put. No matter what you do, you will get criticized. Move too fast and you are not examining every option. Take your time, you are not decisive and are letting all the good candidates get scooped up. Wins are the only thing that makes all this good or bad, and you can't know that in advance.

We've assembled a really nice promising JV staff, unfortunately we have to play against Varsity teams all season long. Maybe this fits into the new analytics model? Sorry but i just can not envision this group dethroning the NE Patsies and claiming title to the AFC East. I would have a really tough time buying into this if i were a veteran player on the Bills team.

As a die hard Bills fan I'm always on for the ride. Normally when you promote someone from the college ranks it because they were extremely successful. This is not the case Marrone was 25-25 in the last four years. This seems to be the epitome of mediocrity.

His appointed staff seems to be the type that will learn on the job in other words inexperienced. I'm looking to see how Marrone handles the Fitzpatrick situation. If he doesn't move to replace him and feels Fitz is our guy, I will realize he is not a good evaluator of talent. The drafting Nassib would be dangerous because he is not top 3 qb and the bond may be to tight for him to be objective if he needs to be cut. As Gailey was with Martin, Thigpen and Choice. I have seen signs of cronyism with Marrone already.

I wish Marrone the best. He could be the diamond in the rough or just another guy that interviews well. Time will tell.

Edited by VADC Bills

I think we have a bunch that are eager to prove they are NFL hungry.

True, but I've had it w/ the Bills being a training ground for coaches/players who go to other teams and produce NFL-quality efforts. That said, I'd accept 8 - 8 next season as a major improvement and a building block to an improved team two yeas from now.

Edited by Keukasmallies