OT: Browns Hire Rob Chudzinski (HC)

buffalo1983

Oh come on. This mirrors what happened to Bills fans three years ago. Big talk from the top of the organization about sparing no expense, big names being tossed around, and you end up with... and offensive coordinator from a bad team? I guess at least Chudzinski was gainfully employed at his time of hire (unlike Gailey).

Not saying he's going to fail in Cleveland, but right now, how can you not feel some empathy for them?

Nah. Equivalent of what happened with the Bills hire three years ago would be if Cleveland had hired Mike Tice.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Norv has proven that he's an average head coach but an above average offensive coordinator.

This is the right position for Norv and probably makes it easier for the Browns to sell Chudzinski to their fanbase.

Many people on this board were good with the Bills hiring Lovie Smith as HC as long as he brought Norv Turner (or to a lesser degree Pat Shurmur) with him.

This would be a similar package deal.

Norv Turner is just as untalented as an OC.

Both Wannstache and Tuner owe Jimmy Johnson their livelihood and reputation.

Neither have done much since the good ole Dallas Dynasty Days and judging by results it seems that they weren't too important in the whole mix.

My guess is Norv is **** canned by Chuddy in less than 3 years.

This much more similiar to the Wannstache situation.

Although Trent Richardson is an old school R B and all Turner knows is old school offense.

don't know anything about him but i have several friends from the ohio area that are browns fans and for the most part their facebook reactions are very positive..and this was before the norv rumor....love to see lake erie football rise again...but with the slight advantage to the eastern edge of the lake....

This seems a little backwards. Shouldnt Norv be the HC?

Well, Norv's track record as a head coach is pretty awful. He's always (I believe) been a very successful OC.

Why one would think Norv's mentee will be a better HC, I can't say, although it's as much about personality than experience, so mayube he will be.

Well, Norv's track record as a head coach is pretty awful. He's always (I believe) been a very successful OC.

Why one would think Norv's mentee will be a better HC, I can't say, although it's as much about personality than experience, so mayube he will be.

You sure about this "always"?

This millennium Norv Turner hasn't had much success anywhere at any position.

Its amazing he still in the NFL.

Those were my thoughts exactly. What if we had hired that guy? You would type in the website and all you would see is flames on your screen.

Doubtful. Browns fans were probably saying "poor Bills fans" 3 years ago when Gailey was hired and you didn't see flames on your screen.

You saw "Jerrahs biggest mistake", "mega-mind", and "Yes we Chan!". I imagine the majority of Browns fans will accept him openly like the majority of Bills fans accepted Gailey and for that matter Marrone who at this point is a pretty big (pun intended) unknown..

Interesting one - Cleveland fans will be familiar as he was their OC a few years ago, and a few years before a position coach. 3rd time in less than 10 years he's joined the staff there.

Wouldn't be my choice here but I'd be curious to see browns fans reaction. I imagine frustrated but maybe not?

Strictly a marketing move to sell more tickets in Parma.

don't know anything about him but i have several friends from the ohio area that are browns fans and for the most part their facebook reactions are very positive..and this was before the norv rumor....love to see lake erie football rise again...but with the slight advantage to the eastern edge of the lake....

I'll say it again, the Bills should swap places with the Ravens and move to the AFC North.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I think that would be a brilliant move. Look what chan did with kordell Stewart. he could make cam into a superstar.

Agree 100%. Gailey would still be here if Cam fell. For some reason Chan settles with QBs.

And this isn't the sexy hire but give it time. Jumping the gun on judging coaches because of their "name" is stupid. John Harbaugh was a STs coach and Mike Tomlin was whatever and they doing just fine. This guy's resume is way better than Pat Shurmur's.

Don't like the hire but I really don't know too much about the guy? I would've liked Cleveland to at least wait until more teams get eliminated from the playoffs and have more serious interviews with more coordinators. Seems like the Panthers O-coord would have been available in a couple more weeks but i guess they had to be concerned about assistants getting scooped up as well. Oh well, good luck to Cleve.

All I can say after perusing that Browns message board, is -- damn, they're just like us. But they allow swearing.

As frustrated as I get with all the negativity here, most places are like that and we actually have good reason to be. If you want to get really mad, go to a Patriots board after a loss. The act like they've been Bills fans for the last 13 years.

Chud is an interesting hire for Cleveland. I will always remember the great job he did with that Browns offense his first year as OC in 2007. You just don't see a first year OC come in and be so successful very often. Did it with carolina last year also, not sure what happened this season. Hope he does well for the Browns.