Bills granted permission to talk to Jags DC Mel Tucker

DevilsAlum

Jags Bio:

http://www.jaguars.com/team/coaches/Mel-Tucker/92821092-257a-4138-bdcf-aa28e61f09a7

just a short blurb, a few videos.

yeah, let's get a guy whose defense was worse than ours last year. I am glad to see that Doug is following through on his promise of finding us an experienced NFL coordinator.

he was #4 ranked the year before... so theres that...

yeah, let's get a guy whose defense was worse than ours last year. I am glad to see that Doug is following through on his promise of finding us an experienced NFL coordinator.

Name a player on the Jags' D besides Poz. You have 30 seconds. No internet searching.

Aaaaaand go.

Name a player on the Jags' D besides Poz. You have 30 seconds. No internet searching.

Aaaaaand go.

Do they still have Rashean Mathis? Besides him I am at a loss. I know they had a safety but isn't that Reggie Nelson who is now on the Bengals?

Edited by Erik

Aaaaaand go.

I'd love to see Darryl smith here

Alulu, Mathis mincey

Signed a decent name safety with poz but spacing on who

Not great but certainly a letdown year.

Tyson Alualu.

Unfortunately that's all I can think of.

Good work. Rashean Mathis is still a Jaguar. Aside from those two and Poz, and Jason Babin who they picked up late in the season obviously....its a black hole on that side of the ball.

To the poster who mentioned Reggie Nelson, yes he was a Jag and is a Bengal.

Good work. Rashean Mathis is still a Jaguar. Aside from those two and Poz, and Jason Babin who they picked up late in the season obviously....its a black hole on that side of the ball.

To the poster who mentioned Reggie Nelson, yes he was a Jag and is a Bengal.

Landry was the safety signing.

And mincey (not a fan) was a hot name last year

Dawan not laron

If Baltimore drafting. 5 year 30m deal same year poz signed

Oooh I forgot about Dawan Landry. Probably 5 minutes after he signed with the Jags! :D

I'm kinda amazed that people would even begin to judge a coordinator based on one season of work, as a few have done here.

Wouldn't you normally ask:

1) What did he have to work with player-wise?

2) What is the coaches overall track record (besides just 2012)?

3) What else about his resume jumps out at you?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mel_Tucker

Not touting the guy. But judging the guy without knowing the first thing about him is… what's the word for it?

FWIW, Tucker is 40, played collegiately at Wisconsin, and was the Jaguars assistant Head Coach last year. He also survived the regime change from Del Rio to Mularkey.

The Jags players on defense without looking it up(I swear) DE's: Aaron Kampman, Justin Babin, Jeremy Mincey, Alan Branch DT's Tyson Alualu and Terrence Knighton LBs: Daryl Smith, Paul Posluzny, Justin Durant (maybe), Resean Mathis, Chris Prosinski plays safety. I feel like I know one of the other CB's but I can't recall his name.