[closed]Name The Head Coach(es) You're Against The Bills Getting

Lovie Smith - Coach that is in love with a specific scheme (think of Wannstedt) because he has had success with it in the past. Concerns with his ability to adapt to personnel and scheme with his "area of expertise". On the offensive side with the scheme, personnel and hiring offensive assistant coaches. In game management I am not impressed with at all from watching Chicago games. In game management you mine as well have Jauron, Mularkey, Gailey etc. as the head coach.

Ken Whisenhunt - Not impressed with his conservative in game management. Concerned about his ability to hire competent assistant coaches and groom a young quarterback. Apparently in Arizona he had issues with judging player personnel.

Grimm - This won't happen.

Ray Horton - I can't see this happening as well.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

Flip flopping and stubborness give equally bad results. Think of Wannstedt and to a lesser extent Gailey on the opposite side of the spectrum.

Fair enough. In any case, the FO simply can't witness a decade and a half of incompetence at QB and hire the coach who started Ryan Lindley for a handful of games. Hiring Whisenhunt would make me :bag: .

Fair enough. In any case, the FO simply can't witness a decade and a half of incompetence at QB and hire the coach who started Ryan Lindley for a handful of games. Hiring Whisenhunt would make me :bag: .

Wasnt that because both Skelton(Who sucks) and Kolb (Who shows rare flashes) both hurt?

Seems like I remember Skelton being healthy and Lindley still getting the nod. Still, the coach gets some of the blame for assembling such an Island of Misfit Toys crew.

I thought this was the case too. If Lindley came in b/c Skelton was hurt I might think differently of him, but I agree with you, the guy who thought starting Lindley gave his team the best chance to win can't be trusted to make those kind of decisions.

I thought this was the case too. If Lindley came in b/c Skelton was hurt I might think differently of him, but I agree with you, the guy who thought starting Lindley gave his team the best chance to win can't be trusted to make those kind of decisions.

I mean its like picking between being hit in the head with a hammer, or a bowling ball, when your choosing between those 2 at QB. lol

Whisenhunt. 2012 saw the Cardinals botching their QB situation worse than any other team. Incessant flip flopping is way worse than stubbornness.

Agreed. Of the bunch, Wisenhunt really created a QB mess in Arizona. Agreed, he had poor offensive line play, but that does not give you a pass to be not able to bring a consistency to that position. He wavered so much on the QB position that they were starting a different QB almost every game.

kolbs injury created the qb mess in arizona, Despite their anemic offense their defense was pretty damn good and Horton's defense kicked Tom Brady's ass. I'm on the Horton bandwagon a guy who learned under Dick Lebeau had the 12th ranked defense in zona, and is not afraid of the patriots plus willing to delegate to coordinators sign me up

I am not in love with the NEXT group of coaches that say no to the Buffalo Bills.

Somehow Buffalo fans believe the coaching position is a hot item and we can now pick and choose the best candidate.

Not true.....the Bills suck and we will be lucky to have any of the top 5 guys.....L U C K Y .

:flirt:

Edited by HOUSE

It looks like Whisenhunt is the most universally hated candidate.

His signing looks more imminent now.

Plus if you go by the worst name possible thoery that the Bills are following it would have to be Whisenhunt.

Mike MULARKEY, Ggregg Williams, DICK MURON, CHAN GAYley.

Chip Kelly - Fails Horrible Name test - good name.

Mike McCoy - Fails Name test -good name.

Lovie Smith - Fails Horrible Name Test - a Little extravagant but still a good sounding name. (Now if it were Hatie Smith the Bills would be in teh running)

Andy Reid - Fails HorribleName test Just a Solid Name

Ray Horton - Fails Horrible Name Test - Not a great name but still not terrible

Ken Whisenhunt - ding ding ding ding - That Sounds like we have a winner!

Plus when he has 3 years of losing you can change the H to a C - Ding Ding Ding. This guy is a shoe in for the job.

I hate to say it, but Lovie Smith. The guy is a winner, but has ignored his offenses repeatedly. A gazillion OCs, lackluster schemes, a criminally bad O line and a QB who gets abused on a weekly basis.

The only way I'd be happy about Lovie is if he brought in a true innovator on offense. I don't want to see our team become one that relies solely on D.

To answer the OP question I don't think I would out and out hate any of the names that are being thrown around.

However I would be concerned to varying degrees.

Most Concerned A: Andy Reid - I'm glad it doesn't appear the Bills are hiring Reid. this Dude needs to take a couple years off. Didn't he have two sons die? His family life is all F-ed up. He needs to go rest and recuperatie with a therapist. I would just expect to have a mental breakdown at some point.

Most Concerned B: Ken Wheisenhunt - It was nice to have Kurt Warner. Kurt Warner ain't coming to Buffalo so whatcha going to Ken? Oh, create another QB debacle. (Also if Ken Whisenhunt goes elsewhere outside of Buffalo I would say that Chan Gailey would be high on his list as OC. So who would his OC be if he goes to Buffalo.

Second Most Concerned: Lovie Smith - I hate hate hate "system" guys. To paraphrase Wade Philips, Wade said its the job of the coach to take the talent you have and make it work. Not make the talent you have do something it may not be capable of doing. Coach the players and adapt the system not the other way around. I think he could get an OC though.

Then you have the unprovens in order of concern:

Mike McCoy - Peyton Manning's OC? Yeah thats a tough job. Right up there with practice Squad QB for the San Diego Chargers. Surf, bang hotties, show up to practice, surf, bang hotties, sell good tix to the game. Peyton "Hey OC don't get in my way" Mike McCoy" Yes sir"

Ray Horton: - I love what he did on the defensive side of the ball in AZ. Even when they were crap there defense was a unit you generally didn't want to play. They got run down in the 4th because they basically had the University of Phoenix Offense going 3 and out on every possession. Who would he get to be the OC? Some QB coach from Pittsburgh. Would he be able to hire an experienced hire at OC? Those are major areas of concern.

College Dude:

Chip Kelly: - CJ Spiller and TJ Graham in the back field (because why would you have Graham run routes with that speed. Just do some crazy flip the ball to TJ Graham screen plays) Would be crazy interesting to watch. Could be a huge disaster as the NFL LBs are all teh fastest dudes on all of the college teams. You can pinpoint your attach against the EEE major at Stanford, everyone is a college all star LB. So they can track down those plays. It would either be a Boom and unstopable or be a bust and laughable; No in between. Plus Chip Kelly appears to have some Iron Gonads. I don't see him punting from INSIDE THE OPPONENTS 40!!!

:wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

So I guess I would most like Chip Kelly but I wouldn't hate any of the above outright.

Lovie Smith - Coach that is in love with a specific scheme (think of Wannstedt) because he has had success with it in the past. Concerns with his ability to adapt to personnel and scheme with his "area of expertise". On the offensive side with the scheme, personnel and hiring offensive assistant coaches. In game management I am not impressed with at all from watching Chicago games. In game management you mine as well have Jauron, Mularkey, Gailey etc. as the head coach.

Ray Horton - I can't see this happening as well.

I agree with these, and I'm also not sure I'd want Chip Kelly either, that just reeks of college coach failure, and I just don't see what all the hype is about with him.

It is all relative. Everyone that doesn't want Whisenhunt or Smith, that is because they have heard the name connected to the Bills and don't want them. All of a sudden, if the names Norv Turnee, Romeo Crennel, and Tom Cable were being tossed around, people would be running lovingly into the arms of Ken and Lovie.

Chip Kelly uses a gimmick college offense that will neither workin the NFL nor due we have the right personal to use. He is the next Steve Spurrier. The Bills signed Mario Williams and Drafted defense yet people want to sign this guy with his clown offense. I rather have a top 3 defense then a gimmick offense.

Of the people they're interested in, just Whisenhunt. I'd be fine with Kelly, Smith, Horton, Marrone or McCoy.

Completely agree. Really don't want to even consider Wiz. Probably with be Lovie Smith as HC, with Gil Byrd and Hue Jackson as two of his assistants.

Are we already assuming some of the other names mentioned (not necessarily interviewed yet) like Russ Grimm, Jim Hazlett, and Hue Jackson are out of the running? Because I definitely do not want one of those guys...

I'd rather not have Lovie or Whisenhunt to be honest...Just don't want a guy that was just fired...No real reason...

To answer the OP question I don't think I would out and out hate any of the names that are being thrown around.

However I would be concerned to varying degrees.

Most Concerned A: Andy Reid - I'm glad it doesn't appear the Bills are hiring Reid. this Dude needs to take a couple years off. Didn't he have two sons die? His family life is all F-ed up. He needs to go rest and recuperatie with a therapist. I would just expect to have a mental breakdown at some point.

Most Concerned B: Ken Wheisenhunt - It was nice to have Kurt Warner. Kurt Warner ain't coming to Buffalo so whatcha going to Ken? Oh, create another QB debacle. (Also if Ken Whisenhunt goes elsewhere outside of Buffalo I would say that Chan Gailey would be high on his list as OC. So who would his OC be if he goes to Buffalo.

Second Most Concerned: Lovie Smith - I hate hate hate "system" guys. To paraphrase Wade Philips, Wade said its the job of the coach to take the talent you have and make it work. Not make the talent you have do something it may not be capable of doing. Coach the players and adapt the system not the other way around. I think he could get an OC though.

Then you have the unprovens in order of concern:

Mike McCoy - Peyton Manning's OC? Yeah thats a tough job. Right up there with practice Squad QB for the San Diego Chargers. Surf, bang hotties, show up to practice, surf, bang hotties, sell good tix to the game. Peyton "Hey OC don't get in my way" Mike McCoy" Yes sir"

Ray Horton: - I love what he did on the defensive side of the ball in AZ. Even when they were crap there defense was a unit you generally didn't want to play. They got run down in the 4th because they basically had the University of Phoenix Offense going 3 and out on every possession. Who would he get to be the OC? Some QB coach from Pittsburgh. Would he be able to hire an experienced hire at OC? Those are major areas of concern.

College Dude:

Chip Kelly: - CJ Spiller and TJ Graham in the back field (because why would you have Graham run routes with that speed. Just do some crazy flip the ball to TJ Graham screen plays) Would be crazy interesting to watch. Could be a huge disaster as the NFL LBs are all teh fastest dudes on all of the college teams. You can pinpoint your attach against the EEE major at Stanford, everyone is a college all star LB. So they can track down those plays. It would either be a Boom and unstopable or be a bust and laughable; No in between. Plus Chip Kelly appears to have some Iron Gonads. I don't see him punting from INSIDE THE OPPONENTS 40!!!

:wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

So I guess I would most like Chip Kelly but I wouldn't hate any of the above outright.

Yeah, I don't get the love for McCoy- he is a decent coach, but to be honest, the Broncos Offense is not that great until Manning is calling plays in the hurry up. I guess his claim to fame is adapting an offense to Tebow? Let me write up that game plan:

1. Run left

2. Run right

3. Run middle

4. Run all over the place

5. Attempt pass in 2nd quarter, dirt ball

6. Run in for Game Winning TD with 30 seconds left

QB Stats: 4 Attempts, 2 Completions, 36 Runs, 185 yards- 1 Running TD

That was hard to watch

Chip Kelly uses a gimmick college offense that will neither workin the NFL nor due we have the right personal to use. He is the next Steve Spurrier. The Bills signed Mario Williams and Drafted defense yet people want to sign this guy with his clown offense. I rather have a top 3 defense then a gimmick offense.

+1 This guy has Steve Spurrier written all over him. Gimmicky college offenses aren't hard to figure out in the NFL. Plus no NFL experience on any level. Lovie is good if he gets a good OC, like Norv Turner. I would interview Trestman, he may be the surprise of the group. Edited by VADC Bills

You're telling me the K-Gun wasn't a gimmick? That worked pretty well as I remember...

I would love to read, "Bills short-list down to Dungy, Gruden and Cowher, leaning heavily toward Dungy. Decision expected soon."

Unfortunately, none of the actual candidates give me an unqualified sense of excitement. The guys with HC experience have so-so records. If you want, you can make excuses for them but I'm tired of making excuses for my HC. Amongst the coordinators, none strike me as remotely anything like a sure thing. And college guys like Chip Kelly are always a huge gamble - so many don't adapt well to the NFL. (But I do think Kelly would immediately make Buffalo a favorable destination for FAs).

Smith and Whisenhunt are probably the two I would most oppose. I'm not convinced they can't succeed as head coaches. Some of their players seem to really respect them and they've put up some winning seasons. But neither boasts a really strong overall resume. Though, of course, Marv's resume had blemishes too when he came onboard and he provided me with my best years as a fan.

I'll reserve judgment on the next coach until I see the product they put on the field at Ralph Wilson stadium.