Russ Brandon named President/CEO

Wagon Circler

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So why does nobody scream about how we could have had Ponder also, yet they include him in the list of rookies making the playoffs? Ponder was being called the worst starting QB in the league a few weeks ago, he is the starter on a team being carried by AP.

What has kaepernick really proved out there? He won games with the same team that Alex Smith won games with, yet people keep talking about how Smith is such a horrible QB. Kaepernick sure did look elite when they played a good team in Seattle 2 weeks ago.........

My point isn't that we didn't draft THESE guys, is that we failed to draft anyone to have a future QB on the roster.

Why not talk Ryan Mallet in the 3rd round two years ago? Or someone else, draft a QB or move yourself around in the draft to get yourself in a position to draft one.

what is source that those guys are there???????

They were named* by Russ. Ruben Brown was quoted on twitter saying, "I wasn't really planning on going, but I was in the building anyway."

EDIT: *Acknowledged by Russ as being present

Edited by uncle flap

They were named* by Russ. Ruben Brown was quoted on twitter saying, "I wasn't really planning on going, but I was in the building anyway."

EDIT: *Acknowledged by Russ as being present

Interesting on Ruben being in the building.

You know, the Packers are owned by the town. Imagine the Bills owned by players?....

My point isn't that we didn't draft THESE guys, is that we failed to draft anyone to have a future QB on the roster.

Why not talk Ryan Mallet in the 3rd round two years ago? Or someone else, draft a QB or move yourself around in the draft to get yourself in a position to draft one.

Because tehy didn't feel that drafting a guy then was the right time, their plan was to build everything else and then bring in a young QB

Interesting on Ruben being in the building.

You know, the Packers are owned by the town. Imagine the Bills owned by players?....

Ruben lives in town, no? Not that odd he would be on the list of guys invited. In the last decade, how many others had his success.

For what it's worth, he endorses lovie (was noted yesterday).... And what it's worth is clearly nothing, just a tidbit to share.

I can't blame Nix too much. I agreed that we needed to improve the defense since Fitz had shown that he could win. His meltdown astonished a lot of people and may have happened for the same reason that Edwards did - a monster hit and concussion that really did affect his subsequent play.

Ruben lives in town, no? Not that odd he would be on the list of guys invited. In the last decade, how many others had his success.

For what it's worth, he endorses lovie (was noted yesterday).... And what it's worth is clearly nothing, just a tidbit to share.

yes, he lives in town.

I believe Tasker does as well (his son went to St. Francis).

So, that was an interesting press conference. I have to say, Brandon is very impressive and I want to believe in his vision and passion. The only thing I am a little concerned about is how much does this actually change things? If a 94 year old Ralph giving up "control" (you have to believe he was very involved prior to this point) really makes a big difference, then I could see this moving forward in a good direction.

I am not sure if people caught this, but I loved the small soundbite of Russ alluding to a new stadium on the horizon.

I can't blame Nix too much. I agreed that we needed to improve the defense since Fitz had shown that he could win. His meltdown astonished a lot of people and may have happened for the same reason that Edwards did - a monster hit and concussion that really did affect his subsequent play.

Fitz always was and always would've been a 6 to 9 win qb. He had a high floor, which is why they let him keep the seat warm while filling up the other chairs.

I’m sorry but this is just same old crap different year. Brandon has complete control, so what! He is not the owner. There is no accountability. When this team is sold, and it will be eventually, all these guys will more than likely be fired.

I think this is a great day for the Bills.....Russ is a money man and he has to know that the bottom line becomes healthier with a winner. He also knows (I hope) that it takes money to make money....I am cautiously optimistic.......

OMG, me too.

It's like I saw you across a crowded room!

Ralph no longer has "final say" on all matters.

If you don't recognize how deep this is, you're really are dense.

Imagine if Jerry Jones handed the reigns to the Cowgirls over to someone else - or Dan Sneeder the Redskins.

This is huge.

Day to day, nothing really changes... The big picture is that nobody in that organization yields to Ralph Wilson... Russ Brandon said that this team has been in the crapper since Super Bowl XXVIII; by saying that, he indirectly stated that Ralph Wilson was the reason.

the big big picture is that Ralph Wilson, or his trust, has finally realized that his business model that was very successful from 1959-1995 is over.

edit: brandon keeps mentioning the "emotional" visit with Ralph yesterday. I want to skirt the concept of discrediting Ralph because he's old, but the writing is on the wall and all but confirmed that Ralph, or most likely his handlers, realize that his time is done with this team.

Edited by Corp000085

Ralph no longer has "final say" on all matters.

If you don't recognize how deep this is, you're really are dense.

Imagine if Jerry Jones handed the reigns to the Cowgirls over to someone else - or Dan Sneeder the Redskins.

This is huge.

Very deep indeed.

Day to day, nothing really changes... The big picture is that nobody in that organization yields to Ralph Wilson... Russ Brandon said that this team has been in the crapper since Super Bowl XXVIII; by saying that, he indirectly stated that Ralph Wilson was the reason.

the big big picture is that Ralph Wilson, or his trust, has finally realized that his business model that was very successful from 1959-1995 is over.

Indeed.

Two interesting and equally valid takes from twitter regarding this news:

Massive change isn't always best idea. Bills are making changes, using some of same people in new roles. Some will be unhappy. I like it.

Man, if only the Bills had a visionary like Russ Brandon working for them before today

I think it's because of a lack of talent. Same as "he's had too many coordinators" as an excuse. Both qb's were inconsistent and had their issues.

Mixed mind here....on the one hand our team does not need blowing up. There's some damn good players in the trenches and in the backfield. But as good as Buddy has been on FA, resigning our players and some draft picks, he has whiffed on QB's consistently. RB is a young guy seemingly with an open mind and talks accountability. All we will an do is see what the FO does in the coming weeks. I'm not ready to bless or blast the plan.

Edited by Green Lightning

Russ just confirmed that he was at Tempo with Gruden!!! In jest of course, but he confirmed that he reads TBD

Actually he said that "he read somewhere… " He never said anything about The Stadium Wall.

They're interviewing Brandon one-on-one right now. Talking about the possibility of a new stadium.