Lovie Smith for HC!

rcatty

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny how good coaches like good managers can have the same base of employees, make a few changes, do things differently and get drastically different results. A good coaching staff makes the playoffs with this roster as is, guaranteed.

I hope you're right.

And I hope the Bills get a "good coaching staff".

I'm going to be cynical until I'm shown otherwise, though. :bag:

(For what it's worth. Lovie is my first choice out of the guys who have been attached to the job so far.)

Edited by Dorkington

http://espn.go.com/c...w-buffalo-bills

Lovie Smith + Hugh Jackson (as OC)

I would definitely sign on for that. The most appealing combo I've heard so far

Holy crap.

This. This. And more of this.

Jackson got screwed out of his HC job in Oakland but is a player's coach and is very creative. Darren McFadden was not the same player after Hue Jackson's influence was taken away from him...imagine Jackson coming up with plays for Spiller? That would be tremendous.

Lovie Smith: HC

Hue Jackson: OC

Rod Marinelli: DC

That is what we call a tremendous step up from Gailey, Wanny and Modkins/Gailey.

Holy crap.

Jackson got screwed out of his HC job in Oakland but is a player's coach and is very creative. Darren McFadden was not the same player after Hue Jackson's influence was taken away from him...imagine Jackson coming up with plays for Spiller? That would be tremendous.

That is what we call a tremendous step up from Gailey, Wanny and Modkins/Gailey.

:thumbsup: Yea, a quantum leap.

Like from the pavement to the curb with Gailey, then from the earth to the moon with Lovie

This would be a done deal if we thought Lovie would be able to pair up with an OC to get the job done. But he hasn't been able to find one. Is there any scenario where Lovie would take a job as DC or is he HC or bust? Some coaches would rather not coach at all that take a coordinator job but there's also some that just love the game and want to work no matter what

Holy crap.

@JasonLaCanfora

As the coaching/coordinator carousel continues to spin, would think former Raiders coach Hue Jackson would get a look as an OC somewhere

Id be thrilled if we hired Lovie and he brought in Pat Shurmur as OC. Even if it is Hue Jackson, both are better options than his horrible OCs in Chicago.

I do believe the Pat Shurmur is much better at developing QBs. But Id be happy with Jackson as OC if thats how it worked out.

Id be thrilled if we hired Lovie and he brought in Pat Shurmur as OC. Even if it is Hue Jackson, both are better options than his horrible OCs in Chicago.

I do believe the Pat Shurmur is much better at developing QBs. But Id be happy with Jackson as OC if thats how it worked out.

Now we are getting somewhere

Doesn't Lovie use the Tampa 2 D?

Isn't it true that TEs eat the Tampa 2 for lunch?

Do we really want to make it easier for NE to score?

I would have thought that we had seen enough of that D with tricky Dicky?

The Bears are a team that have always competed with Green Bay, a team that has usually featured some great TE play. I'd love to see the numbers of how they've fared head-to-head. It seems like the Bears are always in the mix with Green Bay even though it appears GB is usually more offensively talented.

Lovie went through a lot of offensive coordinators in Chicago, and has has a crappy OL forever. He is clueless on that side of the ball.

I agree, this concerns me. The guy was around for 8 seasons and tried four different offensive coordinators. Only once did the team finish ranked higher than 23rd in offense. They ranked 28th or lower four times, which is half of his tenure.

Great defensive mind, but he proved to me, over a considerable period of time, that he could not get the job done on the offensive side. That's not what I'm looking for.

Lovie went through a lot of offensive coordinators in Chicago, and has has a crappy OL forever. He is clueless on that side of the ball.

I want a HC that will be involved on both sides of the ball. I want him to have coordinators that do their jobs and the HC delegates. I don't want to see a coach control the offense or defense and be totally oblivious to what's going on with the other side.

Doesn't Lovie use the Tampa 2 D?

Isn't it true that TEs eat the Tampa 2 for lunch?

Do we really want to make it easier for NE to score?

I would have thought that we had seen enough of that D with tricky Dicky?

I believe it is a tweaked, better version of what we were sold on as a "Tampa 2".

Wow, excellent news :thumbsup:

Lovie Smith along with a top DC like Rod Marinelli. then bring in Norv Turner or Cam Cameron as OC. :worthy: 81-63 .563. Six years out of twelve with a winning record. It just doesn't get much better in people that

actually WANT to work here.

If I'm Rus Brandon I'd play it like Nix did with Super Mario, and not let him leave until he signs :P

I'm not sure they get a ring but if feel good about the playoffs with that group.

Holy crap.

I hope Russ see this and goes hummm makes sense to me....

Like I said I would wash the limo, put gas in it and pick up Lovie, Hue and Rod.