Lovie Smith for HC!

rcatty

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy crap.

This. This. And more of this.

Jackson got screwed out of his HC job in Oakland but is a player's coach and is very creative. Darren McFadden was not the same player after Hue Jackson's influence was taken away from him...imagine Jackson coming up with plays for Spiller? That would be tremendous.

Lovie Smith: HC

Hue Jackson: OC

Rod Marinelli: DC

That is what we call a tremendous step up from Gailey, Wanny and Modkins/Gailey.

I would be very pleased with this configuration of coaches. Maybe then bring Bobby April back to coach special teams too.

Holy crap.

This. This. And more of this.

Jackson got screwed out of his HC job in Oakland but is a player's coach and is very creative. Darren McFadden was not the same player after Hue Jackson's influence was taken away from him...imagine Jackson coming up with plays for Spiller? That would be tremendous.

Lovie Smith: HC

Hue Jackson: OC

Rod Marinelli: DC

That is what we call a tremendous step up from Gailey, Wanny and Modkins/Gailey.

Hell yes!!

ESPN is reporting that many of his assistant coaches would also follow him, and that getting the right OC would be key.

Considering that Gil Byrd is his DB Coach, that should increase the chances of his son Jarius Byrd staying

Hell yes!!

Considering that Gil Byrd is his DB Coach, that should increase the chances of his son Jarius Byrd staying

Good point, but the main thing for me, is that Lovie immediatley showed interest in the job, and wants to be the

next Bills HC. He must realize that we have talent, and talent in areas that he excels at coachig, it's a good fit!

Why does everyone assume this?

I'd hate to play for my father.

I think that this attitude goes out the window with maturity some. I coached both of my boys in

youth hockey and baseball, and it worked well for both of them, maybe a lttle addded pressurre,

but it was overall a good experience.

With that being said, I don't think I would have liked my Dad as my coach, he has me feeling like

I am playing twister or something as I line up to take a tee shot when we play golf together, with

all of his, "tuck your elbow in, and don't look up, line the ball up off of your back heel", etc..

but he means well.

ESPN is reporting that many of his assistant coaches would also follow him, and that getting the right OC would be key.

If this is true it should be a done deal. Swapping out our coaching staff for Chicago's sounds great. Chicago runs a "Tampa 2" or something. I watched them earlier in the year and they also blitz frequently, so it's not Dick and Perry's Tampa 2. We all know that Byrd can be a total ball hawk in that defense.

The offensive part doesn't bother me as much as it does many on here evidently. Even though his offense was not that good he was still able to get to the NFC Championship game last year and 10-6 this year.

Guess it depends on the specific relationship. I'd play for my father.

As would I.

I mean that both of them succeeded in spite of themselves. They both had loaded rosters - this year Lovie had Jay Cutler, Brandon Marshall, Matt Forte, a solid o-line, Urlacher, Briggs, Peanut Tillman, and Devin Hester and still didn't make the playoffs. Not exactly Coach of the Year material.

He went 10-6 in a tough division. When was the last time we were 10-6. Also to say they had a solid o-line is something I can't agree. I would say that from when I watched them it looked like one of the worst lines in the nfl.