Lovie Smith for HC!

rcatty

@RapSheet

Ex-#Bears coach Lovie Smith is talking with members of the #Bills brass and is expected to officially interview in Buffalo soon, I'm told

When Lovie Smith interviews with #Bills, it'll be his first interview. He's had plenty of interest, tho. #Bills is a team that intrigues him

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@RapSheet

Ex-#Bears coach Lovie Smith is talking with members of the #Bills brass and is expected to officially interview in Buffalo soon, I'm told

When Lovie Smith interviews with #Bills, it'll be his first interview. He's had plenty of interest, tho. #Bills is a team that intrigues him

Wow, excellent news :thumbsup:

Lovie Smith along with a top DC like Rod Marinelli. then bring in Norv Turner or Cam Cameron as OC. :worthy: 81-63 .563. Six years out of twelve with a winning record. It just doesn't get much better in people that

actually WANT to work here.

If I'm Rus Brandon I'd play it like Nix did with Super Mario, and not let him leave until he signs :P

Edited by FeartheLosing

Wow, excellent news :thumbsup:

Lovie Smith along with a top DC like Rod Marinelli. then bring in Norv Turner or Cam Cameron as OC. :worthy: 81-63 .563. Six years out of twelve with a winning record. It just doesn't get much better in people that actually WANT to work here.

Plus he was able to do all that with substandard QBs much of his tenure in Chicago. Just think what he could do with a really good QB ... if we get one.

I'm surprised the "big names" are interviewing with us. Maybe they think Russ is going to open the check book nice and wide.

Actually they see a team with lots of good young players who are on the rise and the chance to literally have a statue put up in their honor when they get us to the playoffs. Before noone even wanted to interview, now over two dozen coaches have contacted us saying they want the job...big change in perception among those in the know

I'm surprised the "big names" are interviewing with us. Maybe they think Russ is going to open the check book nice and wide.

doesnt hurt them to accept the interview. only helps. the real question is if they will take whats offered (if offered)

Actually they see a team with lots of good young players who are on the rise and the chance to literally have a statue put up in their honor when they get us to the playoffs. Before noone even wanted to interview, now over two dozen coaches have contacted us saying they want the job...big change in perception among those in the know

It certainly seems that the changes at OBD and the current roster are making Buffalo more attractive to coaches than in the past. I wouldn't be too upset if Lovie is hired. Get Marinelli as DC and Norv Turner as OC and we are golden

I'm all for Lovie. He is my first choice. If the reports that he reached out to the Bills because he wants the job are true, I want him even more.

The word is that shortly after he was fired he stated he was interested in the Buffalo job. Why who knows? Maybe with all the underachieving, highly paid, talented players on defense and him being a defensive coach interested him.

I guess when I see 7-9, 7-9, 6-10, 4-12, 6-10, 6-10, etc I don't really see "players on the rise" at any moment. I don't care how bad the coaches are, the players still have to make plays, and we have very few that actually do.

I think that the league's perception of Buffalo changed 2 days ago. Now it's been stated loud and clear (deliberately I'm sure) that money is not an object and this team wants to win. I also think that we do have a pretty attractive roster, obviously still having some big holes to fill. Those two things combined are why I think we are getting some big name interviews, not to mention some actually showing interest in us.

I guess when I see 7-9, 7-9, 6-10, 4-12, 6-10, 6-10, etc I don't really see "players on the rise" at any moment. I don't care how bad the coaches are, the players still have to make plays, and we have very few that actually do.

Funny how good coaches like good managers can have the same base of employees, make a few changes, do things differently and get drastically different results. A good coaching staff makes the playoffs with this roster as is, guaranteed.