Lovie Smith for HC!

rcatty

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Lovie as a coach, but I am not sure about him as a HEAD coach. He is clearly smart and knows how to get a team to play defense (something we need) but he doesn't have the offensive prowess (and hasn't demonstrated the ability to pick a good OC). He also seems to lack the fire that inspires a team and makes them really fight.

Any chance he would accept a coordinator position?

I like Lovie as a coach, but I am not sure about him as a HEAD coach. He is clearly smart and knows how to get a team to play defense (something we need) but he doesn't have the offensive prowess (and hasn't demonstrated the ability to pick a good OC). He also seems to lack the fire that inspires a team and makes them really fight.

Any chance he would accept a coordinator position?

I think he's very likely a HC by the start of next week. He will get an offer.

I'd suggest you dig deeper in his offensive issues. They aren't as simple as Chans lack of defensive success. Certainly a concern but its not as obvious as Chans that it'll hurt him going forward.

I've been a bills fan all my life, and lived in Chicago for the past 13 years. Bears fans are idiots. I think it may be a byproduct of a large market town where you have a large group of so called "rabid fans" that really don't know or understand football the way the average Bills fan does. They ran lovie out of town after a 10-6 season, a Super Bowl visit with a nonexistant offense and subpar QB (sound familiar?...(the offense and subpar part, not the SB part)) and a ridiculously good W-L ratio, when the real problem was the person in charge of organizing personnel. Lovie was handicapped by a retarded GM that sold the farm for some skill players while ignoring the real backbone of a team, the O-Line. If Lovie and the bears had our RB duo and o-line, they could arguably be in the Super Bowl. We would be idiots to not pursue Lovie and even more stupid to not give him what he wants if he is interested in coming here (let's be honest, we have not exactly been the most desirable of landing spots in the past). yes, Lovie needs help with the offense, but the people he picked were successful in the past, but no one can be successful when u have a pro-bowl caliber QB that needs to run for his life on every play. I have 3 words... GIT 'ER DONE!!!

oh, by the way, when whaley does become the GM eventually, "the git 'er done, buddy" thing is not gonna be as effective. Can I suggest "Whale on it!!!" When we want him to get on something? Example: "what? a two time probowl QB is not gonna hit the open market? WHALE ON THAT!!!"

Just a thought from a man without a plan.

Lovie has already expressed interest in the Bills job. Hopefully the Bills reciprocate.

Ya, we better! All I keep hearing about is Whaley's ties to Whisenhunt, blah blah blah.. We need the best possible coach available, not a favor from one buddy to another.

When was the last time a top coaching candidate expressed an interest in coming to buffalo? I'm going to barf if we end up with whisenhunt when we have a proven winner like lovie basically begging us for the job!

i know. hire lovie and focus on recruiting an OC. we don't even have to waste time on the rooney rule with this one...lol.

LOVIE, LOVIE, LOVIE!!!

When was the last time a top coaching candidate expressed an interest in coming to buffalo? I'm going to barf if we end up with whisenhunt when we have a proven winner like lovie basically begging us for the job!

I agree. Get Lovie before he gets snatched up. Whisenhunt would be a slap in the face for Bills fans.

San Diego could prob be a landing spot for Lovie. We better not drag our feet by running after Whisenhunt. Advantage we have over SD at least is that we have a GM in place.

He'd have to totally overhaul that defense and by the time that's done rivers will be another year or two closer to (or past) the end of the line. Plus they have no offensive line (something he likely will grasp the importance of)

Gotta think the real advantage we have is a team damn near built for his scheme.

I agree. Get Lovie before he gets snatched up. Whisenhunt would be a slap in the face for Bills fans.

Wisenhunt could be lovies OC!

+1

Brandon needs to exercise his new found power & get this deal done NOW.

Yeah, I haven't heard anyone explain why Russ & Co. are so in love with Whisenhunt and Horton other than the Whaley connection. Whisenhunt's best season was 10-6 which is the same record that got Lovie fired.

I'm curious about why his teams seem to have such up and downs. I haven't followed him with the Bears close enough to know if their were mitigating factors. It does seem like there were issues with the former GM as well.

He does have one thing I'd like in a coach, he has the ability to attract coordinators.

I'm curious about why his teams seem to have such up and downs. I haven't followed him with the Bears close enough to know if their were mitigating factors. It does seem like there were issues with the former GM as well.

He does have one thing I'd like in a coach, he has the ability to attract coordinators.

His downs have been higher than our ups. Really he's been pretty consistent, but Chicago fans are belligerent whiners and I suspect any coach without a ring catches a hard time after a decade.