Lovie Smith for HC!

rcatty

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was surprised that the Bears let him go to begin with. I think he would do a good job of getting the most out of this defense. Our Dline talent is almosy identical to what he had. I think gilmore, williams and brooks will flourish under his system (they played much better with a more aggressive approach). I think if we were to draft teo (similar to urlacher, plays the run great, emotional team leader) our defense could make major strides.

Offensively....I think with a better oline, which we have, the Bears couldve won their division.

So all in all, i think Lovie Smith would be a great fit and I hope the Bills dont drag their feet and let someone else scoop him up. 6 other pro teams looking for coaches this offseason....

fan lynch mob. bears fans are rabid and foaming at the mouth and have been for years. the sports talk radio here is full of hate and haters- their famous station "670 the score" is often very informative but often a sports version of the jerry springer show. after every bears game two old school bears players (doug buffone, ed obradovich) love to get their blood pressure up and neck veins popping over anything and everything the bears players (and especially coaches) did wrong. after a loss, their level of intensity is through the roof and the things they say is beyond tabloid trash- and the fans eat it up. this has been happening for years.

they really don't know what they have and with talk of rebuilding and switch to the 3-4 defense (after forever playing the 4-3) and- depending on their new coach, the Bears are likely to regress.

http://chicago.cbslo...e-show-week-13/

I was surprised that the Bears let him go to begin with. I think he would do a good job of getting the most out of this defense. Our Dline talent is almosy identical to what he had. I think gilmore, williams and brooks will flourish under his system (they played much better with a more aggressive approach). I think if we were to draft teo (similar to urlacher, plays the run great, emotional team leader) our defense could make major strides.

Offensively....I think with a better oline, which we have, the Bears couldve won their division.

a better O-line- absolutely. also a decent tight end. the mike martz O/C hire year before last led the bears to trade TE greg olsen to jacksonville because martz' game plan does not use a tight end- except for blocking. unfortunately greg olsen was cutler's favorite target his first year with the bears.

as we bills fans are well aware, a TE is worth millions when your QB has to check down because of pressure.

Edited by jethro_tull

This has Dick Jauron 2.0 written all over it...

No way! Lovie will bring solid assistants like Rod marinelli with him coaching our d line now that would cause total havoc! bring in a oc that centers around a better conditioned cj spiller so he can touch the ball more than 7 times and get d bowe to compliment stevie and you have a team that can not only contend for playoffs but also scare people! We have talent just need someone who can recognise it

I disagree. I would snatch Lovie ASAP! Not only is he a football genius he is also a Defensive minded coach. What buried him in Chicago is his marriage to Cutler. Give him a good QB and good Offensive Coordintor and he will be successful. If Whaley is appointed as GM he will have a say in who is bought in as OC.

I disagree. I would snatch Lovie ASAP! Not only is he a football genius he is also a Defensive minded coach. What buried him in Chicago is his marriage to Cutler. Give him a good QB and good Offensive Coordintor and he will be successful. If Whaley is appointed as GM he will have a say in who is bought in as OC.

BS. What buried him in Chicago was that Oline. When you have garbage draft picks, cast offs from other teams, and dudes off the street protecting your QB, you're sunk. I think Webb was the worst LT 2 years running, yet he's still starting. Freaking joke. Tice as OC and previously mentioned rabid meathead fans sure didn't help his situation either.

BS. What buried him in Chicago was that Oline. When you have garbage draft picks, cast offs from other teams, and dudes off the street protecting your QB, you're sunk. I think Webb was the worst LT 2 years running, yet he's still starting. Freaking joke. Tice as OC and previously mentioned rabid meathead fans sure didn't help his situation either.

Agree, I can see why Cutler always seemed pissed. He was getting killed out there.

Agree, I can see why Cutler always seemed pissed. He was getting killed out there.

That's exactly why most Chicago fans couldn't care less about Cutler's demeanor. We watched week and week, year after year, the same relentless pounding the guy took. If it was frustrating to the fans, can you imagine how pissed off Cutler was?? When Cutler shoulder bumped Webb during that GB game, we all cheered and were sorry he didn't hit him with a brick instead. Clay Matthews was pounding on Cutler all night. It was insanity.

Their DEs have been Julius Peppers, Israel Idonije, Corey Wooton and Shea McClellin.

The first three area all tall, rangy guys all 6'6" and 6'7" and all between 270 and 290. McClellin is kind of a Kelsay sized player.

The Bears have been very different from the Freeney/Mathis model that Indy used to use.

The tackles are Melton and Paea who are both Kyle Williams type players.

The trick is, get fast players. They are harder to find big so if conceding anything the size was first with the scheme. With Mario, Anderson, Kyle, and even dareus, we have big guys that can get after it.

The trick is, get fast players. They are harder to find big so if conceding anything the size was first with the scheme. With Mario, Anderson, Kyle, and even dareus, we have big guys that can get after it.

your defense is perfect for Lovie. I've been sitting on this and another thread b/c of that very reason. It would be awesome to see Lovie in Buffalo. You have to get a strong OC with him though. That is key.

your defense is perfect for Lovie. I've been sitting on this and another thread b/c of that very reason. It would be awesome to see Lovie in Buffalo. You have to get a strong OC with him though. That is key.

Agreed. Add a playmaker at linebacker and that side of the ball would be set.

With a qb and OC added, the offense is good enough, add a WR and its also pretty solid.

Knows how to get the best effort out of a cold weather defensively minded team... also took a Jauron team and made them into winners. We would need to acquire the LBs to be able to drop into coverage... LOVES to run the ball... would need to make better decision on O-coordinator than he's made in the past... Still, I think he's gotta be in the conversation for our head coach vacancy! OK, now chop me to bits kids!

It was also reported that he contacted the Bills already about the job. Here's acoach that wants to be here....there's a switch.

Lovie is the best candidate in my opinion. He's a winner and a great defensive mind. Only thing with Lovie is that we better get a good OC to go with him. But there's no doubt in my mind that Lovie is a leader of men - something this team of softies needs.

Only in the NFL does a coach go 10-6 and get fired.

Lovie and Norv like some people have mentioned would be a freaking dream.

It was also reported that he contacted the Bills already about the job. Here's acoach that wants to be here....there's a switch.

If he truly did contact the Bills, you think it could have something to do with Dareus, KW, Mario, Anderson, Gilmore, and Byrd? He probably sees our defense and thinks: top 10.

Wanny was in way over his head.

Edited by bobobonators

If he truly did contact the Bills, you think it could have something to do with Dareus, KW, Mario, Anderson, Gilmore, and Byrd? He probably sees our defense and thinks: top 10.

Wanny was in way over his head.

All he really needs to do on that side of the ball is plug in a couple LBers. I wonder if he has any connections to a big time linebacker who becomes a FA this spring...