Lovie Smith for HC!

rcatty

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we get a list going of everyone that thinks we shouldn't be jumping at the chance to hire Lovie? Maybe we can send them a reminder of what team they root for and our coaching candidates from the past.

Lovie is an excellent choice. Is he a perfect candidate? Maybe not..

but guess who's not coming to Buffalo? A perfect candidate. He is, however, a coach with a ton of experience and success at the NFL level. Find me another coach with two SB appearances, coach of the year honors, a winning NFL HC record, and a strong defensive record that wants to coach in Buffalo.

Our stated goal before getting Gailey was a coach with NFL HC experience and the best guy they could find with interest was Chan. How do we not jump at Lovie?

Lovie Smith seems to be THE most logical answer to all our needs. He would bring credibility that the Bills, as an organization, haven't enjoyed in many years. He has leaguewide respect to bring in quality assistants and free agents. His past shows he is capable of taking the talent-laden defense the Bills have now and turn it into the powerhouse we all know it should be. He would come in with a chip on his shoulder, knowing this is his chance to prove his old team wrong. As for the business side, he would reenergize a beaten down fan-base. He is the common sense choice.

I get a laugh when I hear people actually saying no to semi-respected names. When it's all said and done we're not going to hire anyone with a 1/3 of his experience or respect around the league and we'll be back here in 3 years again wondering if Chuckie will leave his job at ESPN for us.

Lovie Smith seems to be THE most logical answer to all our needs. He would bring credibility that the Bills, as an organization, haven't enjoyed in many years. He has leaguewide respect to bring in quality assistants and free agents. His past shows he is capable of taking the talent-laden defense the Bills have now and turn it into the powerhouse we all know it should be. He would come in with a chip on his shoulder, knowing this is his chance to prove his old team wrong. As for the business side, he would reenergize a beaten down fan-base. He is the common sense choice.

Please you forgot to add Lovie wants err interested in coming here. :)

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000120661/article/lovie-smith-targeting-arizona-cardinals-buffalo-bills

So you're saying there's a chance...

I say if we are smart, and I believe Russ Brandon is smart, then we give this guy one of the first interviews after they fire Buddy so Lovie can work with Whaley.

Please you forgot to add Lovie wants err interested in coming here. :)

http://www.nfl.com/n...s-buffalo-bills

I say if we are smart, and I believe Russ Brandon is smart, then we give this guy one of the first interviews after they fire Buddy so Lovie can work with Whaley.

I am down with all of the above. I think Lovie would have a winning season year one with this roster as is...

My sense is that Smith is one of those old school NFL coaches who punts on 4th and 1 from the other team's 40. I don't see many bears games though, so feel free to tell me I'm wrong.

No offense, but It's on you to provide evidence if you make a claim like that. The stats are out there. He's certainly a coach who trusts his defense, and past performance suggests that's been a smart move.

I was surprised that the Bears let him go to begin with. I think he would do a good job of getting the most out of this defense. Our Dline talent is almosy identical to what he had. I think gilmore, williams and brooks will flourish under his system (they played much better with a more aggressive approach). I think if we were to draft teo (similar to urlacher, plays the run great, emotional team leader) our defense could make major strides.

Offensively....I think with a better oline, which we have, the Bears couldve won their division.

So all in all, i think Lovie Smith would be a great fit and I hope the Bills dont drag their feet and let someone else scoop him up. 6 other pro teams looking for coaches this offseason....

Edited by Matteboots

No offense, but It's on you to provide evidence if you make a claim like that. The stats are out there. He's certainly a coach who trusts his defense, and past performance suggests that's been a smart move.

I was not stating it as a fact. More of a question really. One of my biggest problems with recent bills coaches is that they are timid and coach not to lose. I'm hoping smith is not such a coach.

I was not stating it as a fact. More of a question really. One of my biggest problems with recent bills coaches is that they are timid and coach not to lose. I'm hoping smith is not such a coach.

10-6 is not a losing coach.

And I would love to see how Lovie would get to Brady, another reason to get him, dont think he will just let Brady throw from the pocket all day.

Lovie Smith is the best available by far. He could attract a good staff.

He already has a good staff in place...this is a huge plus....Get him on the phone. He was making about $4.5M a year. Offer him $5M and pay his assistants -- and lets get this thing rolling. For once lets take advantage of another team's mistake.

He won without a serviceable QB for 6 of the 9 years.....the guy can coach.

Edited by JoeF