Will the board implode if both Nix and Gailey are retained?

eball

Jesus, I don't even want to consider the possibility, but what will happen around here if BOTH of these guys keep their jobs? I'm "ok" with it if Nix stays but Gailey (and Wannstedt) go...but the thought of Gailey returning after going 16-32 and only beating one team with a winning record sickens me.

I will keep my tickets only because I'm loyal to the core and it won't break my budget, but what will others do?

I think Russ Brandon knows ticket sales will be hurt if Chan stays. That's the bottom line. So I think Both are gone because of Chans record and Buddy giving Fitz that contract even though he sucks.

At this point Id say 70/30 both are gone.

I wont even bother watching the games if both are retained. Ill follow but I just cant get emotionally tied down after 13 yrs of crap.

Hey, RW kept Jauron for a fourth season, so it wouldn't surprise me.

I'd just be elated if Nix, Gailey, Wannstedt are all fired and replaced.

I look at teams like the 11-5 Colts and think...maybe, just maybe. Recall that the Colts were 2-14 last year, fired their entire staff. Along with noted president Bill Polian, his son who was GM. A clean sweep to go 11-5 and playoffs

I think Russ Brandon knows ticket sales will be hurt if Chan stays. That's the bottom line. So I think Both are gone because of Chans record and Buddy giving Fitz that contract even though he sucks.

At this point Id say 70/30 both are gone.

I wont even bother watching the games if both are retained. Ill follow but I just cant get emotionally tied down after 13 yrs of crap.

It's taken you this long?

Fitz can stay as a back up. The Bills - it pains me to say this - need to (yet again) jettison the coaching staff and start over.

(ya - old news - I know)

Think about this: even if we'd had a good quarterback the past 3 seasons, and made it to the playoffs this year, do you think that Chan could match wits with the other coaches in the playoffs?

:doh:

I'm not going to quit on the team because they make bad decisions. If I did, I would have been gone years ago. But retaining Chan Gailey would be a horrible decision, a meek move toward continuity on a team that has obviously shown us what it can do. It's never to early to fire a bad coach. When the GM knows, it's time to pull the plug, and I think Nix figured that out.

Fitz can stay as a back up. The Bills - it pains me to say this - need to (yet again) jettison the coaching staff and start over.

(ya - old news - I know)

Think about this: even if we'd had a good quarterback the past 3 seasons, and made it to the playoffs this year, do you think that Chan could match wits with the other coaches in the playoffs?

:doh:

Chan with a good QB is Norv Turner. And he's done too, after turning an insanely-talented team into a joke.

No, I like Gailey and NIx, but I don't see Gailey firing Wanny and benching Fitz, so I understand if he's fired. NIx I want to keep, the guy can recognize talent for the most part and has good connections where most of the talent comes from.

I will be pissed with all the people that wanted a win today. This win cost draft position and quite possibly saved Nix (I'm on the fence with him), Gailey, Wanny AND Fitz. You will then have your continuity and an identical season next year.

:wallbash:

If they are both retained it brings up the question of just what is the product the company (Buffalo Bills) makes? If the owner and his managers see the product as "games," then the company is successful since they produce sixteen + games a year and make loads of $ doing it. If the product is wins, playoffs, and championships, the company is a woeful failure. I believe that there is a fundamental disconnect between the company and the fans--the company produces successful games (makes $), but the fans believe the company is seeking to produce wins, and that ain't happening because the company won't endanger the bottom line by bringing in the people needed to make games that they win.

Again, if the top guys stay or go, it makes no nevermind until the ownership, and thus the fundamental objectives, change.

I have been on record as saying that I don't think Gailey or Wannstedt are good at their jobs. If they are retained I will still watch and root for the team, but the "who cares" attitude that I have had ever since the game 1 blowout by the Jets will continue. My father-in-law is a Giants fan. Maybe I will start paying more attention to the Giants so I can talk about them with my father-in-law.

No, I like Gailey and NIx, but I don't see Gailey firing Wanny and benching Fitz, so I understand if he's fired. NIx I want to keep, the guy can recognize talent for the most part and has good connections where most of the talent comes from.

ReallY???

Did he recognize good coaching when he picked Gailey/Modkins/Edwards/Wanny? How about Troup over Gronk, TJ Graham over Wilson? How about that Aaron Williams? How about passing on every QB in last year's draft not named RG or Luck? How about the 2010 draft (minus Spiller)? How about picking up Merriman off IR, dropping him after 2 useless seasons, then picking back up for a 3rd?

Nix is, generously, a mediocre evaluator of talent.

Jesus, I don't even want to consider the possibility, but what will happen around here if BOTH of these guys keep their jobs? I'm "ok" with it if Nix stays but Gailey (and Wannstedt) go...but the thought of Gailey returning after going 16-32 and only beating one team with a winning record sickens me.

I will keep my tickets only because I'm loyal to the core and it won't break my budget, but what will others do?

I'm cool with Nix staying. Gailey? I would go berserk to say the least.

After watching San Diego keep AJ and Norv against the popular sentiments, and then have a disastrous season follow before them both being fired tomorrow, I think firing too soon is much better than too late, and Chan has to go. Nix I can go either way on, but at the moment I prefer him to be retained to provide some continuity unless there is a great fit ready to step in (including a HC/GM total power situation).

I will be pissed with all the people that wanted a win today. This win cost draft position and quite possibly saved Nix (I'm on the fence with him), Gailey, Wanny AND Fitz. You will then have your continuity and an identical season next year.

:wallbash:

Why do people think that only early 1st-rounders are the sole means to turn a team around? Jim Kelly was drafted 14th overall.