Rumor only!! Involves John Gruden

marauderswr80

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just called tempo. Closed.

OP didn't say they were there today. He just said was/is which could be really anytime recently. We know for sure Gruden was in Detroit yesterday so let me add a dash of fun to this nonsense. Lets say he broke bread with Brandon on Friday night flew to Detroit in the AM and payed homage to the Emperor in Grosse Point before heading over to the stadium for pre-production meetings.

League rules prevent the Bills from talking to his son until after the season. The only Gruden that gets within the 716 are code will be Jay Gruden and like others have said he will probalby use the Bills to leverage the Lions or Cardinals. If this were true which it is not the only thing that would make sense is that dad is checking out the landscape for his son.

Ive heard from a friend John Gruden was/is at Tempo with Russ Brandon....

Take it for what its worth!

My sources are reliable! And very knowledgeable about Bills football....

How could they be at Tempo when Tempo is closed on Sundays?

It was such a short line when they hired Chan, I can't imagine ANYONE taking us seriously now!

Not say anything about Gruden but the line could be a bit longer if we are willing to spend some money (which be probably aren't) since we have some better talent (which is true despite record)

First, Jon Gruden has already stated it would take more then just a boatload of money to pry him away from his ESPN announcing MNF gig. It would take a perfect set of circumstances to lure Gruden away from his cushy once a week job. Right city, right players, right QB. right owner. Buffalo offers none of those.

Second, Gruden kept looking for that elusive "elite" QB at Tampa and never found him. So Gruden is just as clueless as most are when it comes to evaluating QB talent. Which makes me wonder if the man is any good at evaluating player talent at any position on the team.

Third, If you think Chan Gailey is a defensive moron who doesn't know what scheme to run or what assistant DC to hire....you are right, he IS! But then so is Gruden. Once noted DC Monte Kiffin (inventor of the Tampa 2) left the Bucs Gruden fielded one of the worst defenses ever.

Hiring Gruden as the next Buffalo Bills head coach would be overly expensive and a waste of another 3 years. Unless Gruden hired the proper supporting assistants AND someone in the Buffalo Bills scouting dept suddenly grew a brain JMO.

First, Jon Gruden has already stated it would take more then just a boatload of money to pry him away from his ESPN announcing MNF gig. It would take a perfect set of circumstances to lure Gruden away from his cushy once a week job. Right city, right players, right QB. right owner. Buffalo offers none of those.

Second, Gruden kept looking for that elusive "elite" QB at Tampa and never found him. So Gruden is just as clueless as most are when it comes to evaluating QB talent. Which makes me wonder if the man is any good at evaluating player talent at any position on the team.

Third, If you think Chan Gailey is a defensive moron who doesn't know what scheme to run or what assistant DC to hire....you are right, he IS! But then so is Gruden. Once noted DC Monte Kiffin (inventor of the Tampa 2) left the Bucs Gruden fielded one of the worst defenses ever.

Hiring Gruden as the next Buffalo Bills head coach would be overly expensive and a waste of another 3 years. Unless Gruden hired the proper supporting assistants AND someone in the Buffalo Bills scouting dept suddenly grew a brain JMO.

A Good, reasonable, if not kind view of Gruden. His Oakland Raiders day were not good at all.

League rules prevent the Bills from talking to his son until after the season. The only Gruden that gets within the 716 are code will be Jay Gruden and like others have said he will probalby use the Bills to leverage the Lions or Cardinals. If this were true which it is not the only thing that would make sense is that dad is checking out the landscape for his son.

I wonder if he named his son Jay after his brother, the Bengals' OC?