Rumor only!! Involves John Gruden

marauderswr80

Be as blunt as you want. I take no offense. There are at least a few references to his contract in this thread, but I am not talking about the money or the actual commitment to ESPN. I am more broadly talking about the argument that he wants the booth, that he likes all that goes with being the MNF guy, the potential heir the to Madden throne, etc. I bought that argument, but this news has me wondering if this is actually a possibility. But again, I don't really want Jon Gruden.

That's all fair - just Occassionally posters like to throw out "but he has a contract" as if its meaningful. "But he loves his job" is a way different statement.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brandon specifically debunked this rumor. He said that he hasn't met with Gruden, and he said "I heard I was at Tempo with him"

Of course the WGR guys didn't ask the logical follow up, "did you have a recent phone conversation with Gruden?"

If they got a "no comment" then that would give us the real answer.

Of course the WGR guys didn't ask the logical follow up, "did you have a recent phone conversation with Gruden?"

I know jw will kill me again, but the sports media - especially tied to bills coverage - is awful. For a variety of major reasons.

Don't worry JW, I like the ap coverage generally but that one voice in a crowd of shouting idiots.... Not good.

Edited by NoSaint

But Brandon did say he is good friends with Gruden.

Brandon also confirmed that he and Gruden "are very close friends" and have been for a long time. I think another logical follow-up would've been, "OK, then, Russ. Since you're 'so close', do you have any plans to interview him and has he expressed to you that he would be interested in Buffalo if asked?"

Edited by ExWNYer

Brandon also confirmed that he and Gruden "are very close friends" and have been for a long time. I think another logical follow-up would've been, "OK, then, Russ. Since you're 'so close', do you have any plans to interview him and has he expressed to you that he would be interested in Buffalo if asked?"

+1 Would have been a great question.

Its funny all the love for Gruden ... basically because he is the new Madden. But Gruden record is very similar to Lovie's. Strange how with the superbowl with someone elses team get you so may accolades. I am not suggesting he is bad coach his Oakland teams were great. But his Tampa teams were worse than anything Lovie put together ... lol may not worse.

Thought this was good:

http://www.boltsfrom...t-of-jon-gruden

Edited by cklapka

I heard the Brandon interview on GR-55 live, including the bit about Gruden.

My interpretation is that Brandon and Gruden are buddies, but they certainly didn't share a meal recently in Buffalo, and no, John Gruden is not going to be the next coach of the Bills.

Nothing more need be said about Gruden in my opinion.

Move on to someone who actually might land in Buffalo.

This year's search isn't quite as much fun as three years ago, because the prizes are coaches who have not won any championships.

Three years ago, you had Super Bowl winners being talked about - Gruden, Cowher, Martz, Billick, Dungy.