Rumor only!! Involves John Gruden

marauderswr80

Geez. That makes sense. When I apply for a job I should use my brother for reference. Yeah, I'm certain Gruden would give Russ all the reasons he shouldn't hire him.

If Russ met with Gruden it was either for the publicity value (most likely) or Gruden confirming to Russ that no one in the NFL takes Russ serious as the Bills COO.

It could be something as simple as hey do you think you're brother would be interested in coming here if we had an opening?

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey stay up! What do sources say about this Ralph video that's alleged to come out tomorrow?

I have no info on that! But if i hear anything id certainly let you guys know! And then everyone can bust my balls....on how i got my info from luke russerts mom...ect...

But in all seriousness if i hear anything...TBD will know!

Nite!

I have no info on that! But if i hear anything id certainly let you guys know! And then everyone can bust my balls....on how i got my info from luke russerts mom...ect...

But in all seriousness if i hear anything...TBD will know!

Nite!

Good job on the original post!

People here can only say one of two things. Someone is either an "Elite" type player or they should be out of the league. Fitz and Stevie are perfect examples here.

over a decade ive been calling this the fans star or suck syndrome - youre either a stud or you should be run out of town. never mind that championship teams are full of second and third tier players that provide great value and allow the studs to do their thing

over a decade ive been calling this the fans star or suck syndrome - youre either a stud or you should be run out of town. never mind that championship teams are full of second and third tier players that provide great value and allow the studs to do their thing

yup. The bills biggest problem over the last 13 or so years has been a lack of star power. We have a few of them guys now. Or guys that are close enough to be considered stars.

CJ

Stevie

Mario

Levitre

Wood

Cuz PTR is right. People here can only say one of two things. Someone is either an "Elite" type player or they should be out of the league. Fitz and Stevie are perfect examples here.

This statement has to go directly into the Top 10 of over-generalization's in the history of this board...Just saying... B-)

Gruden's agent has said Jon Gruden IS willing to interview with teams for a coaching postion! http://wp.me/p14QSB-6QQ4

I think that gives this a bit more credence but still a long shot.

That said, I don't really want a coach/GM, which is what I am sure Jon Gruden would demand.

so he was talking about his employment, not his brothers, again?

so he was talking about his employment, not his brothers, again?

Well, the primary argument has been that the meeting couldn't have been about Jon coaching the Bills because he is locked into MNF. Well, that argument is out the window now. That's all I am saying.

Well, the primary argument has been that the meeting couldn't have been about Jon coaching the Bills because he is locked into MNF. Well, that argument is out the window now. That's all I am saying.

thats never been a real argument when discussing him. ever. not once.

no offense for being so blunt, but i have never heard one person take that contract as something he wouldnt walk out on in a heartbeat without second thought.

thats never been a real argument when discussing him. ever. not once.

no offense for being so blunt, but i have never heard one person take that contract as something he wouldnt walk out on in a heartbeat without second thought.

Be as blunt as you want. I take no offense. There are at least a few references to his contract in this thread, but I am not talking about the money or the actual commitment to ESPN. I am more broadly talking about the argument that he wants the booth, that he likes all that goes with being the MNF guy, the potential heir the to Madden throne, etc. I bought that argument, but this news has me wondering if this is actually a possibility. But again, I don't really want Jon Gruden.

Brandon specifically debunked this rumor. He said that he hasn't met with Gruden, and he said "I heard I was at Tempo with him"

If nothing else it shows Russ probably is a lurker on message boards and probably has a good idea to the general mood of the fans. Even that is refreshing to show that he has a forward looking approach