Rumor only!! Involves John Gruden

marauderswr80

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive heard from a friend John Gruden was/is at Tempo with Russ Brandon....

Take it for what its worth!

My sources are reliable! And very knowledgeable about Bills football....

I really hope not. I view Gruden as VERY overrated. He took Tony Dungy's ready-to-go team to the Super Bowl and used his inside knowledge of his opponent (the Raiders) to spy out their offense. The Buc's accomplished next to nothing in the remainder of his tenure.

I really hope not. I view Gruden as VERY overrated. He took Tony Dungy's ready-to-go team to the Super Bowl and used his inside knowledge of his opponent (the Raiders) to spy out their offense. The Buc's accomplished next to nothing in the remainder of his tenure.

Very good points! Gruden is still a better coach!

He's famous largely because he has 100 wins and a Super Bowl ring. Not that hard to figure out.

And he hasn't coached a team in ages. Once you take a long break it's hard to light the fire again. Look at Parcells after his first "retirenent". Coaching is a tough job. Flapping your gums in a TV booth is easier.

PTR

do you not think other cities are fun, especially when winning?

it was a unique experience for your individual fan experience, but i can believe (especially having spent time in other winning cities) that it is remotely unique.

No. Not like BFLO.

He's famous largely because he has 100 wins and a Super Bowl ring. Not that hard to figure out.

He took one Oakland team to one game and a bogus "Tuck Rule" call short of a Super Bowl.

I've always found this to be an unfair assessment. If Dungy's team was so outstanding, why didn't they win the Superbowl with Dungy? Gruden got them over the hump...it's kind of silly to give Dungy credit for TB winning, and then use the fact that Gruden's previous team also made the big game against Gruden, don't you think?

Somewhere in there, Gruden should get credit for coaching a team to the Superbowl...

Right now IMO the only teams that Gruden could help are the pats*, or someone like Atlanta. A team ready built. I saw his work in Oakland. Couldn't take them over the hump. Want just a couple playoff games? Gruden may, be the guy. If you would ever like to see a Lombardi in downtown Buffalo. Gruden isn't going to take you there.

Step back. take a moment and look at the season the Bills have had. Think about the mistakes, misplays, penalties, excuses, errors in play calling, mismanagement of game clock, etc. Now, can you imagine anybody desperate enough to willingly enlist with this organization?

Everything you mentioned has to do with COACHING. So if I'm a coach, yes I would enlist.

Only 32 NFL jobs in the world. Most coaches probably don't have the low self-esteem

many Bills fans exhibit.

Edited by purple haze

FWIW Gruden did say during a Monday night football game in early october this year that if he did get back into coachin that 3 teams would be of an interest to him...minny, SD, and Buffalo.

Forgot about that, but saw another thread about that on another board that reminded me

Interesting choices. All teams around from the merger without a ring. Maybe Gruden likes the idea of a challenge, like winning a Super Bowl in Tampa Bay.

You might want to fill that Bucs team in on this because a lot of them think Gruden brought the energy they needed to get over the hump.

I'm sure all cities can "party it up and have fun" when winning. Buffalo just does it better. Is there something really that hard to understand here? I've been to 50% of the stadiums in the league, but only a handful come close to what Buffalo offers and I don't think any come close to matching that after 13 years of "much less than adequate" football. Really, not many cities live and die with their team as does Buffalo. Saying that, it IS a great place when you're winning and can be brutal when your not. These fans live and breathe the game wherein other cites its just another form of entertainment... that's really the point I'm trying to make.

i think you are letting zubaz colored glasses distort that a little bit.

i get what you are saying but i think a lot of cities are as much if not more fun when winning.

i think you are letting zubaz colored glasses distort that a little bit.

i get what you are saying but i think a lot of cities are as much if not more fun when winning.

Anyway you slice... I would put BFLO and Green Bay @ the top of the list. It is almost like a high school atmosphere than any other NFL city. And that says a lot!

Anyway you slice... I would put BFLO and Green Bay @ the top of the list. It is almost like a high school atmosphere than any other NFL city. And that says a lot!

everyone has personal preferences - small town hero vs big city superstar can go either way. i got a taste of the small market success here in new orleans. its a lot of fun.

Edited by NoSaint

FWIW Gruden did say during a Monday night football game in early october this year that if he did get back into coachin that 3 teams would be of an interest to him...minny, SD, and Buffalo.

Forgot about that, but saw another thread about that on another board that reminded me

Did he really say this? Did he give any reasoning for those three?

Did he really say this? Did he give any reasoning for those three?

id assume it was a passing comment with regards to merger era teams still lacking a ring. to be frank though, id chalk it up the same as his love for every player, every coach, every city. i didnt hear the actual comment but i bet it was the standard issue "these are great fans that havent had a ring ever, id love to see them get one."