Rumor only!! Involves John Gruden

marauderswr80

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Btw, Gruden isn't into rookie QB's...he likes to play veterans...if you don't think so...look at his coaching career

Trade for Rivers or Roethlisberger maybe ... oohh that could be a good rumor ...

Thanks brother. Have a good Xmas. You going to the game on Sunday?

No, interferes with church, wish games didn't start till 3 but got to have priorities.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

Trade for Rivers or Roethlisberger maybe ... oohh that could be a good rumor ...

No, interferes with church, wish games didn't start till 3 but got to have priorities.

great rumor idea.

Gotta have stability. Good for you

Edited by mrags

So let's say its true. Maybe he was pitching his brother Russ was reaching out for advice

Yea, his brother is probably the best place to get advice. No bias or anything. I often put my mom down as a reference on interviews.....

Being seen with him publicly before hand while both jay and chan are under contract wouldn't look bad for anybody either.

But maybe in a closed restaurant they thought it'd be totally secret. Despite it being their go-to place for public woo-ing of people. Some sort of double reverse psychology.

Sounding very not true.

Edited by NoSaint

If you are John Gruden, why in the world would you take the Buffalo job.?

Crickets....

Well, he's already won elsewhere, so maybe the next step for some über-competitive types would be to go to a completely back-asswards situation and see if you can't turn it around. Kinda like Theo Epstein going to the Cubs. When you're young and you've already tasted success on the biggest stage, why not see if you can try it again with a bigger challenge?

The Gruden thing is total BS,,,,but i do hope Ralph called Brandon in for a meeting and it went something like this. "Russ, start contacting all league sources you can find and get recommendations for the brightest up and coming coach you can find, I haven't directly spoken to Buddy or Chan yet but we are going to make huge changes in our football staff for 2013"

Well, he's already won elsewhere, so maybe the next step for some über-competitive types would be to go to a completely back-asswards situation and see if you can't turn it around. Kinda like Theo Epstein going to the Cubs. When you're young and you've already tasted success on the biggest stage, why not see if you can try it again with a bigger challenge?

The only thing ill say is we are much closer talent wise than the board wants to admit. This team is getting closer to the situation the miners plugged harbaugh into (elite pieces like spiller and Mario) but lacking intensity and direction (grudens forte). His act doesn't work longterm but as a short term kick, it'd probably do wonders for us.... That said, not buying the rumor.

The Gruden thing is total BS,,,,but i do hope Ralph called Brandon in for a meeting and it went something like this. "Russ, start contacting all league sources you can find and get recommendations for the brightest up and coming coach you can find, I haven't directly spoken to Buddy or Chan yet but we are going to make huge changes in our football staff for 2013"

I would love to be in on that annual meeting at Ralph's house.