2013 Bills Free Agents

jjmac

Ok, folks, Chris Brown posted this list of pending free agents on the Bills site. Who stays, who goes? I want to keep Byrd, Levitre, Moore, Rinehart, Brown, Caussin, and Dickerson. What say you?

Unrestricted FAs

FS Jairus Byrd

RB Tashard Choice

QB Tarvaris Jackson

DL Spencer Johnson

G Andy Levitre

WR Ruvell Martin

FB Corey McIntyre

CB Leodis McKelvin

DE Shawne Merriman

DE Kyle Moore

G Chad Rinehart

LB Bryan Scott

QB Tyler Thigpen

Restricted FAs

C/G Colin Brown

WR Donald Jones

WR David Nelson

Exclusive Rights FAs

TE Mike Caussin

TE Dorin Dickerson

Need to re-sign Levitre and Byrd.

I'd also like to retain: mckelvin (he's valuable depth at CB, but his real worth is on returns. He's electric), Moore, rinehart, merriman (yeah, I like him as a rotational player), jones and Nelson. Haven't seen enough of Brown to want to keep him, although he might be a good add. Keeping McIntyre would make me smile, although I don't think it's needed. I love the guy

From the UFA group, I would love to see us keep Byrd, Levitre, McIntyre, McKelvin, Moore, and Reinhart. I think we should (and will) keep all of the RFAs and ERFAs.

I'd like to see Merriman stick around as a backup at the right price.

I'm just relieved to see that Tyler Thigpen is an UFA. With Tavaris Jackson also a UFA and likely a goner, it appears that the Bills are going to clean house at the QB position. Either draft 2 QB's, or draft 1 and get one through free agency. Keep Fitz around to back up and mentor our new rookie QB :thumbsup:

Key Players:

FS Jairus Byrd

G Andy Levitre

WR David Nelson

Would like for Special Teams and Depth:

FB Corey MacIntyre

CB Leodis McKelvin

DE Shawne Merriman

DE Kyle Moore

G Chad Rinehart

C/G Colin Brown

WR Donald Jones

DL Spencer Johnson

TE Mike Caussin

This may be too many keepers, but keeping marginal talent is the hallmark of the Buffalo Bills.

Actually, I would rather keep guys who are known to be decent role players than go out and try to get new ones. That kind of revolving door doesn't really help that much, but it does create interest and start debates on message boards.

Edited by Gray Beard

Key Players:

FS Jairus Byrd

G Andy Levitre

WR David Nelson

FB Corey MacIntyre

CB Leodis McKelvin

DE Shawne Merriman

DE Kyle Moore

G Chad Rinehart

C/G Colin Brown

WR Donald Jones

DL Spencer Johnson

TE Mike Caussin

This may be too many keepers, but keeping marginal talent is the hallmark of the Buffalo Bills.

Actually, I would rather keep guys who are known to be decent role players than go out and try to get new ones. That kind of revolving door doesn't really help that much, but it does create interest and start debates on message boards.

We need depth, that has been our problem in years past. This year, the injury bug hasn't taken a huge toll on us; I think the main problem is coaching in QB. I think if we had either a new QB or new coach we would be in the playoff race right now. But that means Nix needs to sack up and resign a lot of these guys.

Ok, folks, Chris Brown posted this list of pending free agents on the Bills site. Who stays, who goes? I want to keep Byrd, Levitre, Moore, Rinehart, Brown, Caussin, and Dickerson. What say you?

Unrestricted FAs

FS Jairus Byrd - ABSOLUTLEY

RB Tashard Choice - No

QB Tarvaris Jackson - Yes

DL Spencer Johnson - Yes

G Andy Levitre - ABSOLUTLEY

WR Ruvell Martin - no

FB Corey McIntyre - no

CB Leodis McKelvin - Yes for the right money

DE Shawne Merriman - no

DE Kyle Moore - yes for the right money

G Chad Rinehart - yes for the right money

LB Bryan Scott - Lord No

QB Tyler Thigpen - God no

Restricted FAs

C/G Colin Brown - Yes

WR Donald Jones - Yes

WR David Nelson - Yes

Exclusive Rights FAs

TE Mike Caussin - Meh

TE Dorin Dickerson - No

Key Players:

FS Jairus Byrd

G Andy Levitre

WR David Nelson

FB Corey MacIntyre

CB Leodis McKelvin

DE Shawne Merriman

DE Kyle Moore

G Chad Rinehart

C/G Colin Brown

WR Donald Jones

DL Spencer Johnson

TE Mike Caussin

Kyle Moore isn't depth, he's a starter in this league. My guess is he gets a nice offer we can't afford.

Don't let them go!

Byrd

Levitre

Moore

Nelson

Should also keep:

McKelvin

Rinehart

McIntyre

I feel like everyone else could be easily replaced.

With the exception of maybe Colin Brown (back-up center is valuable),

but I feel like I haven't seen enough of him to really judge one way or the other.

Kyle Moore isn't depth, he's a starter in this league. My guess is he gets a nice offer we can't afford.

Agreed. Unless we show him starting rotation money he is going somewhere else. NE fits him, sadly.

In other news I think CMac may not be retained in favor of younger guys. I hope we keep Nelson.

Losing McKelvin will necessitate signing another DB in FA or drafting another CB in the first four rounds. Williams looks like a bust though it is too soon to give up on him. Rogers wouldn't make the roster on any other team. McGee is gone for sure. Brooks is getting valuable time but it is not known if he is starter or sub-package material.

It would be wise to bring him back. In a way getting hurt down the stretch may help the Bills.

Levitre and Byrd are the only high priorities.

Would like to see Brown come back so they do not have to use a draft pick on a center.

The rest can go including Moore and Nelson and Jones. The whole WR corp can go except Johnson and Graham. Easley is undr contract so there is no harm bringing him to camp. Nelson was slow before the knee injury. He is not big enough to play TE. I would rather see Johnson in the slot and Graham and another WR on the outside. Johsnon in the slot would be dangerous.

Moore is ok but the spent big money on DE already. If he can be brought back on the cheap fine but this team needs a healthy Mark Anderson and new LB's. The money is better spent on new LB's and WR's.

Byrd and Levitre are the key guys now. Then would be nice to get Moore, Rinehart, McKelvin, S.Johnson, Choice and Mcintire back. No reason not to get the restricted and exclusive rights guys back in. Bryan Scott has to be upgraded this offseason.

Most Important:

1) Levitre, but it ain't looking good

2) Byrd: Franchising him is no big deal

3) Rinehart: Important depth player

4) Colin Brown: Pretty good player, and Wood is not reliable in terms of health. And, we ae going after a qb so Barrett Jones will be selected by another team. We could keep him for pocket change.

Jmo.

-Must keep Byrd and Levitre (I'm sensing a common theme here)

*Tag Byrd, long term Andy, if we signed Urbik we must have a plan for Levtire moving forward*

-McIntyre is a great special teamer, would hate to see him go.

-McKelvin could stay, given that he doesn't ask for too much (can see him stretching his limit, 6 mil, 2 years tops!).

-Also like to see Kyle Moore if he's cheap...mixed feelings about this guy

**Everyone else on this list (speaking UFA), is merely a role player at best. Some aren't even starters. They hog crucial cap room that the organization needs to acquire big name free agents who could come our way... while were on the subject:

Wish List:

1)Dwayne Bowe (WR): Can stretch the field, SJ and him would make a great 1,2 punch

2)Aquib Talib (CB): Steal a solid player from a division rival? yes please.

3)Delanie Walker (TE): Great special teamer, also an offensive threat. would love to see him in Chan's system.

Please Santa, Please....

Ralph is going out spending. He doesn't want to pinch pennies at this stage after his FA signings and a new lease. I haven't felt this hopeful about the bills in many years. Thank you Ralph ! He will likely keep Chan and Nix but get them better assistants. It's a slow slog with Nix but he has a plan.

Unrestricted FAs

FS Jairus Byrd

RB Tashard Choice

QB Tarvaris Jackson

DL Spencer Johnson

G Andy

WR Ruvell Martin

FB Corey McIntyre

CB Leodis McKelvin

DE Shawne Merriman

DE Kyle Moore

G Chad Rinehart

LB Bryan Scott

QB Tyler Thigpen

Restricted FAs

C/G Colin Brown

WR Donald Jones

WR David Nelson

Exclusive Rights FAs

TE Mike Caussin

TE Dorin Dickerson

I would like to see these guys brought back. Most are solid role players (Byrd & Levitre are stars), should be reasonably affordable, & help maintain continuity so we can focus on filling holes of greater need.

Edited by Rob's House

Most Important:

1) Levitre, but it ain't looking good

2) Byrd: Franchising him is no big deal

3) Rinehart: Important depth player

4) Colin Brown: Pretty good player, and Wood is not reliable in terms of health. And, we ae going after a qb so Barrett Jones will be selected by another team. We could keep him for pocket change.

Jmo.

See, you like do like the little guys too! Just kidding

I agree with your list Bill.

I would like to see Moore brought back too. Not sure his asking price will be too high for the Bills. I think we as fans have been conditioned to watching sub par play from our DE's over the years. Moore has had a solid to good year. As others have mentioned he has been cut by many teams, and having one decent year should not command a huge salary. Teams are getting smarter and wiser to this. The play for a contract player has bitten every team in the league once or twice.

I like some of the other guys on the list like Nelson and McIntyre, but for the right price. Not sure what Spencer Johnson will get but he provides decent depth on Dline too.

Levitre and Byrd are the biggest ones obviously. Other then that we are talking about rotational/depth guys. They are out there, every team has them and will be in the same boat as the Bills trying to sign them.

Moore's been cut by two other teams and is a part time player on a 5 win team, he'd be lucky to get signed elsewhere as a backup.

Yep. The team hyped Moore and he's been invisible for about a month now.

Gotta retain Levitre and Byrd no matter what. If that means not signing a good UFA then so be it, but when you accumulate good players, you won't be able to keep them all. Good teams allow guys to leave and replace them with as good or better options who come from all rounds.

Nix can say they've drafted well, but aside from not totally firing a blank on their first rounders, he's been poor in rounds 2-4.

Unrestricted FAs

FS Jairus Byrd - franchise if necessary. Get him long term no matter whar

QB Tarvaris Jackson - depends on price, could be good for competition

DL Spencer Johnson - nope

G Andy Levitre - YES

WR Ruvell Martin - great special teamer. Depends if they sign a true #2 wr

FB Corey McIntyre - great STer, decent FB

CB Leodis McKelvin - as a return man and dime DB? Yes please.

DE Shawne Merriman - at the right price

DE Kyle Moore - yes

G Chad Rinehart - yes, excellent backup, could start for many teams

LB Bryan Scott - absolutely not

QB Tyler Thigpen - so long

Restricted FAs

C/G Colin Brown - decent depth, resign him unless they plan on keeping Urbik and Rinehart with Urbik as primary C backup

WR Donald Jones - sure

WR David Nelson - absolutely

Exclusive Rights FAs

TE Mike Caussin - will be cheap, give him one more shot to come back from his injury

Wish list for UFAs:

One LB, Maybe a #2 WR, One CB to be #2 opposite Gilmore, preferably Brent Grimes.

Unrestricted FAs

FS Jairus Byrd

RB Tashard Choice

QB Tarvaris Jackson

DL Spencer Johnson

G Andy Levitre

WR Ruvell Martin

FB Corey McIntyre

CB Leodis McKelvin

DE Shawne Merriman

DE Kyle Moore

G Chad Rinehart

LB Bryan Scott

QB Tyler Thigpen

Restricted FAs

C/G Colin Brown

WR Donald Jones

WR David Nelson

Exclusive Rights FAs

TE Mike Caussin

TE Dorin Dickerson

Open up & let go of Thigpen, Mcentyre, Martin , Jackson, & Choice there's 5 new roster spots 6 if you let S Johnson go to but he has at least been a real good depth player ...

And for as much as Dickerson was used you may as well get rid of him b/c for what or how much they said they were going to integrate him into this offense he was a waste of a roster spot !!

Edited by T master