Petition - FIRE RUSS BRANDON NOW!!!

This miserable toronto series is BY FAR the worst thing to happen to the Bills in their entire sports history, it is an embarrassment to the team, the city of Buffalo, and has become a national punch line. After listening to Russ Brandon on the radio, it is VERY clear he is clueless to what this team needs to be successful, and does not care what fans, player, or anyone with common sense in the media have said. he continues to claim the game is a success, but even Canadian callers admit that they left the game this past Sunday NOT because the Bills were losing, but the experience was a complete bust.

I would like to publicly petition his removal, and get someone who knows that a team that plays less home games than the rest of the league will never be successful. The formula is simple, win games and the stadium will sell out in Buffalo, THE END. If the team plays better, the atmosphere will never favor the Bills at rogers center, so what is the point? the answer is painfully obvious, it is simply a cash grab with no regard to the team's loyal fanbase.

There are simply so many other ways to bring fans and corporate support to the team from Toronto, like possibly SELL naming rights to a toronto based business? SELL luxury suites and packages to toronto based businesses? SELL advertising to toronto based businesses? SELL tickets and travel packages to toronto residents? GOOD LORD that can't possibly help the team!! NO, Instead, give away a HOME game where they Bills are at a DISADVANTAGE!!!

Think the team's long term survival in Buffalo is the reason for this abomination? Then why is the City's name not present in the promotional material? "Bills in toronto series" is everywhere, but nowhere is it called the Buffalo Bills in toronto.

Ignore the facts if you want, but I simply don't know how anyone can fool themselves into thinking this is good for the city of Buffalo or the Bills anymore, I thought we were all smarter than that.

After hearing Russ on the radio this morning, I am convinced he is on a mission, and completely ignoring the obvious. FIRE RUSS BRANDON NOW!!!

NOTE - I.M. me your name and I will add it to the list, also if you'd like to add some brief comments, I will create a spot for your voice to be heard.

ALSO - SIGN THIS PETITION IN THE LINK PROVIDED BELOW:

https://www.change.o...-toronto-series

Lets stand up and stop this embarrassment and get our team back before it's too late!!!!

Edited by McKinleys Curse

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you dont think they have attempted to SELL luxury boxes to toronto business? you dont think they try to SELL advertising to toronto businesses? lol....

maybe im in the minority, but im FINE with "giving" away a home game to Toronto every year if it keeps generating revenue to the Bills and allows them to stay in Buffalo (even though at this point id be glad if they move to LA/London) - its expanding the Bills market/reach - the same thing they are doing by holding training camps in Rochester, expanding the brand to try and generate as much revenue as possible so the Bills can remain viable in a small city market like Buffalo....its playing one game on a neutral playing field instead of a home game....whats the big deal if its whats keeping the Bills economically viable and in Buffalo full time?

Personally I think Brandon is a master at marketing and making money for this team....thank god hes not running the football side of the operation anymore, but as far as the business side....hes solid in my opinion (the ownership needs to be decided, unfortuantely meaning Ralph has to die, before any real "change" happens at OBD)

Yeah, listening to him this morning was painful. It's his job to spin things positively, but he came across to me like he was saying: "Listen, Bills fans are always going to buy tickets. No matter what we decide to do, you shmucks are still coming in. So I don't care what you say, we're staying the course".

I, honestly, fear that they think they've already hit rock bottom. That the fans that are still sticking around are going to stick around no matter what. So as long as they're profitable (and they are), they're successful in his eyes.

I'll give them the chance to right things at the end of the season. But i'm growing less and less a fan of the man.

you dont think they have attempted to SELL luxury boxes to toronto business? you dont think they try to SELL advertising to toronto businesses? lol....

NO lol...

maybe im in the minority, but im FINE with "giving" away a home game to Toronto every year if it keeps generating revenue to the Bills and allows them to stay in Buffalo (even though at this point id be glad if they move to LA/London) - its expanding the Bills market/reach - the same thing they are doing by holding training camps in Rochester, expanding the brand to try and generate as much revenue as possible so the Bills can remain viable in a small city market like Buffalo....its playing one game on a neutral playing field instead of a home game....whats the big deal if its whats keeping the Bills economically viable and in Buffalo full time?

Personally I think Brandon is a master at marketing and making money for this team....thank god hes not running the football side of the operation anymore, but as far as the business side....hes solid in my opinion (the ownership needs to be decided, unfortuantely meaning Ralph has to die, before any real "change" happens at OBD)

Listen Russ Brandon's Mom, get off the forums and go make some christmas cookies.

Yeah, listening to him this morning was painful. It's his job to spin things positively, but he came across to me like he was saying: "Listen, Bills fans are always going to buy tickets. No matter what we decide to do, you shmucks are still coming in. So I don't care what you say, we're staying the course".

I, honestly, fear that they think they've already hit rock bottom. That the fans that are still sticking around are going to stick around no matter what. So as long as they're profitable (and they are), they're successful in his eyes.

I'll give them the chance to right things at the end of the season. But i'm growing less and less a fan of the man.

Exatly my perception of what he said

Russ Lies

Attendance figures of the Toronto Series.

2012- 40,770 (actual closer to 35K)

2011- 51,579

2010- 50,746

2009- 51,567

2008- 52,134.

It is getting worse, not better

i'd hesitate on using those numbers as Rogers officials have acknowledged this year that previous games were papered, and the attendance figures provided were tickets issued.

this year, it was Rogers policy to reduce ticket giveaways to fill the house. the tickets sold were going to be the tickets sold.

if Brandon is correct in suggesting this is the best Toronto's done in regards to ticket sales, than it's worrisome to imagine how many tickets they had actually sold for the previous games.

jw

Listen Russ Brandon's Mom, get off the forums and go make some christmas cookies.

ok, where is your info that they DONT try to sell advertising and luxury boxes to Toronto businesses??

it would seem incredibly stupid to EXCLUDE ANY business from trying to buy luxury boxes

why would a Toronto business want to buy luxury seats for a sport they/their clients dont care about, and why would that same company want to advertise to Americans who would never be around their business in order to use their services/products? I have a feeling THATS why those things dont happen, not that Russ Brandon (the evil devil man - who actually does a very good job at making this terrible team money) is actively trying NOT to do those things

but def. instead of having a reasonable argument, just resort to "name calling" like russ brandons mom...classy

the fact is, the bills make a lot of money off of selling those games to Toronto....it is a terrible product on the field? yes (but it is when its played in Buffalo anyway). do the Toronto fans suck? yes.

But if they want to keep giving money to the bills (and living with terrible attendance and poor NFL games), who cares? bills are making money and staying in buffalo

the REAL problem with this team is poor coaching and QB play.....focus on fixing those, not crying because the Bills are trying to survive in a depressed economy in a small (poor) city...

He gets this pass as a marketing genious, but I dont see it. Moved camp to Rochester and kind of changed camp for the whole league (would have happened eventually anyways).

But what else do they do for marketing? We get one crappy Stevie Johnson commercial that airs for 9 months. No Bills TV shows, no posters/schedules, etc in the paper, no nothing. I have lived in a few other NFL cities and the Bills do NOTHING in the way of marketing.

I also dont buy that he stays on the 'marketing/business' side. He is the President. He was out to dinner and in meetings trying to covet M. Williams. I believe he has a large say in personnel and that is why we get people like Nix/Gailey who can/will live with that.

There are a million different ways to market to Toronto and I will never be convinced the series is anything more than a money grab for Wilson, and a dress rehearsal/foot in the door for Rogers.

WTS, Brandon is iron clad until/if a new Buffalo owner takes over

Yeah, let's fire a WNY guy who loves Buffalo and grew up a Bills fan. I'm sure that jerk has no interest in keeping the Bills in Buffalo. And this team that has missed the playoffs 13 years in row still moves a lot of tickets. Dude is good at his job. He's one of the best assets we have in keeping the Bills in Buffalo. That $75 million we got for 5 meaningless games probably helped us sign Mario Williams (wait, are we running him out of town today?).

Yeah, let's fire a WNY guy who loves Buffalo and grew up a Bills fan. I'm sure that jerk has no interest in keeping the Bills in Buffalo. And this team that has missed the playoffs 13 years in row still moves a lot of tickets. Dude is good at his job. He's one of the best assets we have in keeping the Bills in Buffalo. That $75 million we got for 5 meaningless games probably helped us sign Mario Williams (wait, are we running him out of town today?).

at least someone else on here isnt just part of the "lynch mob" mentality....kudos

The Toronto series makes sense only because there is money to be made. The NFL is about money. If another major city was in play guess what, playing a game there too would be on the table. In the end this is the price for losing for so long and in such an epic fashion. You can't lose 4 Super Bowls in a row as a region and easily shake the effects. It's as much psychological as it is a spiritual hangover. The next GM should be Dalai Lama type. A man with a vision beyond x's and o's or shuttle times and broad jumps. OWWMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I'm not even reading this thread but why in the world would anyone have a big beef with Russ Brandon? The guy wants the team to be successful in WNY more than all of us combined. Fire the guys who are coaching the product on the field and gathering the "talent". That's what needs help.

This miserable toronto series is BY FAR the worst thing to happen to the Bills in their entire sports history, it is an embarrassment to the team, the city of Buffalo, and has become a national punch line. After listening to Russ Brandon on the radio, it is VERY clear he is clueless to what this team needs to be successful, and does not care what fans, player, or anyone with common sense in the media have said. he continues to claim the game is a success, but even Canadian callers admit that they left the game this past Sunday NOT because the Bills were losing, but the experience was a complete bust.

I would like to publicly petition his removal, and get someone who knows that a team that plays less home games than the rest of the league will never be successful. The formula is simple, win games and the stadium will sell out in Buffalo, THE END. If the team plays better, the atmosphere will never favor the Bills at rogers center, so what is the point? the answer is painfully obvious, it is simply a cash grab with no regard to the team's loyal fanbase.

There are simply so many other ways to bring fans and corporate support to the team from Toronto, like possibly SELL naming rights to a toronto based business? SELL luxury suites and packages to toronto based businesses? SELL advertising to toronto based businesses? SELL tickets and travel packages to toronto residents? GOOD LORD that can't possibly help the team!! NO, Instead, give away a HOME game where they Bills are at a DISADVANTAGE!!!

Think the team's long term survival in Buffalo is the reason for this abomination? Then why is the City's name not present in the promotional material? "Bills in toronto series" is everywhere, but nowhere is it called the Buffalo Bills in toronto.

Ignore the facts if you want, but I simply don't know how anyone can fool themselves into thinking this is good for the city of Buffalo or the Bills anymore, I thought we were all smarter than that.

After hearing Russ on the radio this morning, I am convinced he is on a mission, and completely ignoring the obvious. FIRE RUSS BRANDON NOW!!!

NOTE - I.M. me your name and I will add it to the list, also if you'd like to add some brief comments, I will create a spot for your voice to be heard.

Only b/c they lose every time they go up there . Russ should be moved to a post where he is in charge of media related things & selling the team only , the football stuff needs to be given to someone else he is not a football smart guy !!

I'm not even reading this thread but why in the world would anyone have a big beef with Russ Brandon? The guy wants the team to be successful in WNY more than all of us combined. Fire the guys who are coaching the product on the field and gathering the "talent". That's what needs help.

Agreed. The guy has zero input in regards to what gets put out on the field.

Agreed. The guy has zero input in regards to what gets put out on the field.

they are a profitable team, giving up the competitive edge that the ralph affords them is inexcusable. it is a money grab, all the nonsense of expanding the fan base rings hollow when you look at pittsburgh, green bay.. just win, raise the prices at the ralph , whatever.. if that is not enough, sell the freakin team!

If you read the thread, you'd know and your question wouldn't have sounded so un-informed.

UPDATE - the list is growing, those of you who understand why this man has to go will be heard.

Edited by McKinleys Curse

I believe the purpose of the Toronto series was to:

1) Keep the price of Bills season tickets down by having one fewer regular season and preseason games (admittedly they turned around and boned season ticket holders this year on the preseason game).

2) Line Mr. Wilsons pockets with all the money received from Rogers.

3) Satisfy the offshore game requirement for the Bills.

4) Increase interest in corporate boxes among Toronto companies.

Except for the preseason game boning this year I'd say these criteria were successful except #4.

I also believe that #4 had little chance of success even if the Bills fielded good teams during the series, and no chance with the turd sandwich that was served the past 5 years.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Better yet, lets burn the effing stadium to the ground!!! Seriously have some patience, give it another year. One more year and if they don't improve I will personally go door to door asking for signatures!

Nobody is suggesting burning down the stadium. They have had enough time to turn this thing around. One more year? Are you kidding me? Please show me one indication that this team is even remotely headed in the right direction. Anything that you can come up with that warrants another year of this absolute horror show.

I think people are really naive if they think the Bills have to "sell" one of their home games to stay in Buffalo.

It's bad for the team, it's clear as day.

It just proves the notion that the Bills don't really care if they win, as long as they make gobs of money.

Thank you! I will add my name to this list, along with my list of names. The more people stand up for what is fast becoming the darkest days in Bills history, the sooner we can put this colossal failure behind us. Keep sending me your information, and I now urge you to sign this one as well!!

Agree 100%.

And to the OP: Brandon's in charge of the business side of the operation, not the football side. What business creds do you bring to the table that allow you to presume to know what's sufficient on the business side?

Excuse Brandon for trying to regionalize and make the team more viable, both to Ralph and TO THE NEXT INVESTOR GROUP.

It's unfortunate that a percentage of fans have no understanding of the ramifications of having to compete with the rest of the NFL out of the 56th ranked market. Not only do they not understand this, but they petition to try and ensure that the Bills remain at a disadvantage. Amazing.

What proof do you have that he IS trying to keep the team in Buffalo? as a matter of fact, the Rogers group has already publicly admitted to trying to butter Ralph Wilson up to have first crack at the team. who do you think is STILL pushing this? Russ Brandon... ohh wait, your head is in the sand, and you ACTUALLY believe this guy is trying to keep the team in Buffalo... haha!!

You think "dud is good at his job" - really? selling the NFL may be the easiest sales job on the planet... give me a break!! You should pass whatever your smoking to the left, wake up and listen to some reality for a change, this man is slowly stealing the team away from WNY and your patting him on the back while he is doing it.

Agree 100%.

And to the OP: Brandon's in charge of the business side of the operation, not the football side. What business creds do you bring to the table that allow you to presume to know what's sufficient on the business side?

Excuse Brandon for trying to regionalize and make the team more viable, both to Ralph and TO THE NEXT INVESTOR GROUP.

It's unfortunate that a percentage of fans have no understanding of the ramifications of having to compete with the rest of the NFL out of the 56th ranked market. Not only do they not understand this, but they petition to try and ensure that the Bills remain at a disadvantage. Amazing.

Yeah, I'm sure if they didn't sell their annual game to Toronto, the team would fold. Give me a break.

If they didnt have the Toronto deal, is Wilson selling the team?

Is this game that everyone in Buffalo and Canada seem to hate really regionalizing the team? Anywhere near to a point where some random investor will think its a great and profitable idea to buy the team and keep 7 games in Buffalo and 1 in Toronto due to profit?

What proof do you have that he IS trying to keep the team in Buffalo? as a matter of fact, the Rogers group has already publicly admitted to trying to butter Ralph Wilson up to have first crack at the team. who do you think is STILL pushing this? Russ Brandon... ohh wait, your head is in the sand, and you ACTUALLY believe this guy is trying to keep the team in Buffalo... haha!!

You think "dud is good at his job" - really? selling the NFL may be the easiest sales job on the planet... give me a break!! You should pass whatever your smoking to the left, wake up and listen to some reality for a change, this man is slowly stealing the team away from WNY and your patting him on the back while he is doing it.

The Rogers group a Corporation cannot own a NFL franchise.In fact No corporation can own a NFL franchise.