Eric Wood: "Toronto series is a joke"

5 Wide

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah. It's the stadium's fault we don't win. <_<

PTR

yes the team has sucked during the series time period but IT DOESNT FEEL like a home game is the main issue Eric brings up. seems like more Seahawks fans attended than Bills fans. Just think what if we were playing Pats and needed to win to win the division. I can see a critical 3rd and long for Bills and it so loud with pats fans hollaring that Bills take a penalty on false start etc. Oh wait that happens at home all the time except the other teams fan noise.

Yeah. It's the stadium's fault we don't win. <_<

PTR

While I get (I think) what you are saying think about this game from a players perspective. It isn't a home game so it is an extra day of travel. Many time the number of "road fans" is equal to or outweighing the home teams. The place is a cavern with very little crowd noise which doesn't help the home team. It is a clear money grab by management which tells the players where the priority lies. All around the game is big f.u. to the players and fans.

Eric said what every other player must be thinking. So kudos to him for telling the truth.

As for the Toronto series, at this juncture in time what's the point of it all? The Bills get a disadvantage by surrendering a home game to what's no better than a neutral site, Toronto is not likely to get an NFL team as a result of this experiment. Rogers is paying way too much. That leaves the only obvious benefit of more coin in the pockets of Bills ownership.

While I get (I think) what you are saying think about this game from a players perspective. It isn't a home game so it is an extra day of travel. Many time the number of "road fans" is equal to or outweighing the home teams. The place is a cavern with very little crowd noise which doesn't help the home team. It is a clear money grab by management which tells the players where the priority lies. All around the game is big f.u. to the players and fans.

exactly! :thumbsup:

I for one am happy to read his comments, especially about taking a team that is used to playing in the elements and putting them in a comfortable dome.

I never understood why the Bills had to go out of their way to expand their fanbase.

Win games and that fanbase expands itself.

Americans are fans of winning, first and foremost.

If a football team was in Toronto for years and years and decided to come to Buffalo once a year and they were a horrible team for years and years, never made the playoffs, and lose each game they play in my home town...I wouldn't cheer or be proud of "my" team for that week either. The on field product is the single most important thing in all of this, and its been atrocious to watch for the last 13 years.

Yeah. Love Eric Wood. But I understand the reasoning. But guess what, the biggest thing is we need a better team/coach/owner.

Teams play in Europe. And teams like the Pats win in Europe. Winning cures EVERYTHING. You win fans like you fans travel etc etc.

By the way, winning is a habit. And so is losing!!

This!

Nobody is crazy about the "Bills in Toronto" BS...but we understand it...I am not sure that losing a game to Toronto every season is any worse for the teams long-term prospects in WNY as adding another game in December that the team can't sell out, because the product on the field is so lousy. If I was a long time season ticket holder (I haven't been since the late 80's) I would probably be relieved that I don't have to shell out for that 8th, awful game...at this point, we are going on a decade plus of games in December being as meaingingful as games in July & August.

Now, if the Bills were actually winnig I would feel a bit differently.

http://blogs.buffalo...t-renew-it.html

Always loved Eric Wood, now I love him a lot more.

I agree, but once Ralph and his cronies get a ear of this, he is gone when his contract is up. Complain about something that puts cash in Ralphies wallet and you aren't long for his band of losers. He is correct though, the only thing it benefits is Ralph. The Bills fans in WNY don't like it, most Canadiens don't like it, especially with the Bills being the joke of the NFL. I am sure opponents don't care for it, other then they have as many fans as the Bills do, if not more, at a Bills "Home Game." The Bills have only won once up there in the whole series. Edited by BuffBill

Actually, the Toronto series was a very strategic move by the Bills locking up one of the most dynamic metro markets in all of North America. Would you all rather have had a Toronto team looking like the 49ers to our version of a pathetic Raider franchise? This would have meant the permanent exit of pro football from western NY, versus the twelve years hiatus it currently is on.

The real joke about the Toronto series are the teams we send up there.

Our war cry should be, "Bring professional football back to WNY"

Actually, the Toronto series was a very strategic move by the Bills locking up one of the most dynamic metro markets in all of North America. Would you all rather have had a Toronto team looking like the 49ers to our version of a pathetic Raider franchise? This would have meant the permanent exit of pro football from western NY, versus the twelve years hiatus it currently is on.

The real joke about the Toronto series are the teams we send up there.

Our war cry should be, "Bring professional football back to WNY"

Agreed.

Hey if you want to have a NFL team in a minor league town there are sacrifices that have to be made. Playing one game a year up there is one of those.

I agree, but once Ralph and his cronies get a ear of this, he is gone when his contract is up. Complain about something that puts cash in Ralphies wallet and you aren't long for his band of losers. He is correct though, the only thing it benefits is Ralph. The Bills fans in WNY don't like it, most Canadiens don't like it, especially with the Bills being the joke of the NFL. I am sure opponents don't care for it, other then they have as many fans as the Bills do, if not more, at a Bills "Home Game." The Bills have only won once up there in the whole series.

You know that's the saddest part. If the Bills FO was really serious about regionalizing Toronto, they wouldn't have sent a joke of a franchise up there for 5 straight years. They would have built a serious winner by year 2 and gotten TO fans to jump on the bandwagon of a very good team. Imagine if the Pats did this? By the end of year 5, everyone in TO would be wearing Brady jerseys BECAUSE EVERYONE LIKES A WINNER.

The inept Bills organization, oth, continually sent up some of the saddest, most pathetic teams to ever suit up. Not to mention some of the worst coaches the game has ever seen in Jauron and Gailey. Everything about the Bills screamed "B squad". Combine that with overpriced tickets and you can see why fans avoided it like the plague.

If this guy could last a whole season he would be turning heads in the NFL. He could easily be the best C in the league if so. He has a mean nasty streak, too.

I agree, sadly though, his career is probably going to go down as one of the many with a load of talent and "what could have been" but couldn't ever stay healthy.

You know that's the saddest part. If the Bills FO was really serious about regionalizing Toronto, they wouldn't have sent a joke of a franchise up there for 5 straight years. They would have built a serious winner by year 2 and gotten TO fans to jump on the bandwagon of a very good team. Imagine if the Pats did this? By the end of year 5, everyone in TO would be wearing Brady jerseys BECAUSE EVERYONE LIKES A WINNER.

The inept Bills organization, oth, continually sent up some of the saddest, most pathetic teams to ever suit up. Not to mention some of the worst coaches the game has ever seen in Jauron and Gailey. Everything about the Bills screamed "B squad". Combine that with overpriced tickets and you can see why fans avoided it like the plague.

So true. It will only last so long that they keep dishing out good money, but the product in return continually sucks. Eventually they will quit buying tickets, as witnessed by the empty seats this season, despite the fact that they drastically cut the price of the tickets. The Bills are basically like a Prostitute who comes to town once a year for the money but doesn't put out anything near worth of the money she is getting paid. Eventually, her "customers" will look elsewhere for their thrills.

Well, McGahee was dealt when he made comments about the city of Buffalo. Much different player, but now he's criticizing the BinT, their yearly money-grab. I can see him not being re-signed, as his deal ends after 2013.

Hate to think like that, but, it's how this team operates.

As Craig Ferguson (the late, late show on CBS) said in a standup bit of his, there are three questions that must be asked before making a statement of any importance:

Does this need to be said?

Does this need to be said right now?

Does this need to be said right now by me?

The answer to the first two is definitely yes. And in this, I admire him for saying what few others have had the balls to say (and I believe he may be the first one to say this who actually has chips on the table).

But that third one applies for EW. I can't imagine that these words will be looked at very kindly by the management/FO.

It's been shown over and over that they don't care how much talent you have, if you embarrass them in public, they WILL cut off their noses to spite their faces.

Eric Wood upset about the lack of support in Toronto... thats because everywhere else in the world besides Buffalo losing and an inferior product are treated like their suppose to be. Everywhere else in the US this crap thats rolled out there for us every Sunday is unacceptable. Except for here. As long as we keep spending money and Russ keeps filling Ralphs coffers you will see no changes. 13 yrs of putridity and counting....keep supporting them Bills fans...we're doing exactly what they want....Eric Wood spoke of the support that they get in the Ralph. The most loyal fanbase in the league.....what a dam shame.