We know Chan's a goner. Here's Ralph's list.

Dr. Trooth

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From your list, here are the candidates I would like to see the Bills consider:

Bruce Arians

Brian Billick

Jack DelRio

Tony Dungy

Kevin Greene

Russ Grimm

Jim Fassel

Perry Fewell

Hue Jackson

Chip Kelly

Mark Trestman

A few additional possible candidates:

Mike Nolan

Mike Zimmer

David Shaw

I think a ham sandwich could do a better job at this point.

Hey now...well maybe I could ;)

Would you like to make a friendly wager on that?

Its not about betting on it, I just was wondering if there was a definitive decision to show Chan the door, and if so, who did it? The name of the thread is misleading.

I would both like and guess Billick.

He wants the job, he has credibility. He's an offensive guy who knew how to work with a good defense and DC and let them do their thing while supporting them.

Mind you - Gailey has a lot of similar qualities - but he lacks the SB ring and credibility that goes with it, and Gailey is clearly fried.

Billick should be refreshed and ready to go - he's been spending all his time relaxing and watching game films.

"Know" is a strong word, but Nix's most recent interview comments were not encouraging for Gailey. Sorry I don't have a link.

Does somebody have a link?

Jerry Sullivan!

He seems to always know what's wrong with the team!

This would be perfect. :)

If this was done, the Buffalo News would need to hire someone to replace him. Each week, the replacement would choose an old Jerry Sullivan column. He would use that particular column as the basis for his own weekly column. Example:

Original Jerry column:

> Over the last two weeks, the Bills have allowed six sacks. Tom Donahoe's failure to adequately address the offensive line raises serious questions about his competence as general manager.

Rewritten column:

> Over the last two weeks, the Bills have allowed six 5.5 sacks. Tom Donahoe's Jerry Sullivan's failure to adequately address the offensive line raises serious questions about his competence as general manager.

Jerry has helpfully given enough material to last for years. Decades, even. :)

Tom Cable would be a perfect fit in Buffalo. Seeing his Raiders won/loss record is almost identical to gailey's.

He could continue the century of suck without missing a beat.

Ex-O-line coaches who got a HC job. Because like the Bills no one would work for Davis. There isn't a huge demand for guys with that kind of resume. But hey i bet he would laughingly take the gig.

Haha :thumbsup:

Lindy Ruff.

LOL at that one but............seriously............coaches & GM's with great success might do well at any sport, knowing how to construct an organization to achieve championships.............so really Scotty Bowman. A winner everywhere he has been, well Buffalo might be the exception

From your list, here are the candidates I would like to see the Bills consider:

Bruce Arians

Brian Billick

Jack DelRio

Tony Dungy

Kevin Greene

Russ Grimm

Jim Fassel

Perry Fewell

Hue Jackson

Chip Kelly

Mark Trestman

A few additional possible candidates:

Mike Nolan

Mike Zimmer

David Shaw

What About Jim Zorn or Joe Gibbs??? Those are some winners there!!

I vote for Wade. I believe Ralph once said it was a mistake to let him go. But that will be in two years. Chan will be with us one more year. We will finish 7 and 9 and have him one more year to beat him up. The new guy will get beat up after his first lose because thats what we do best.

Someone else brought up the Tom Cable name, as far as no names go I kind of like that one. Supposedly likes to run, and the players seemed to like him.

That was me! haha

I mean seriously, who the F is going to take a job with this franchise? He hired an out of work bad OC to be our head coach last time before stealing an NCAA linebacker coach to be ouc DC.

It would have to be 3rd rate caoches after all the 2nd rate coaches all told us to pound sand.

Turner Gill, that CFL Coach PTR is always talking about, or a Tom Cable is all we are going to get. I'll put Mike Zimmer on the list too but he will prob laugh that off too.

Its going to be a nobody that you never heard of (and for good reason)

One that you put in there that i never thought but now i will is Kevin Greene , talk about some one with intensity !!

The other that i really wanted when Gailey ws hired b/c he played in B/Lo when he was a player & he like the Bills have never won the big one

Perfect fit I THINK !! Marty Schotenhiemer !!!

I think we should go after Ken Whisenhunt once he gets fired in Arizona. I know Arizona is in bad shape but Whisenhunt is a heck of a coach am maybe he will draft a QB this time istead of trying to sign one off the FA list. He is Pittsburgh grown so he has a good defense and likes to run the ball. I think he would be a great coach here and learned some valuable lessons while coaching the Cardinals.