On April 25th Tyler Wilson becomes our new starting QB

Pre combine thats a huge reach I still have him behind Smith,Barkley,Glennon,Murray,Manuel, and Bray.

Haven't seen Manuel play yet, but I'd say behind Smith, Barkley, Murray, and Jones. I still like what Jones has to offer and he's looked pretty good this season, way better than last year to me. Not sold on Bray or Glennon though, not one bit.

Edited by Mark80

Haven't seen Manuel play yet, but I'd say behind Smith, Barkley, Murray, and Jones. I still like what Jones has to offer and he's looked pretty good this season, way better than last year to me. Not sold on Bray or Glennon though, not one bit.

Jones is the best this year, Bray won't come out but has the most Talent but needs a lot of work.

Jones is the best this year, Bray won't come out but has the most Talent but needs a lot of work.

Ugh to Jones and ugh to Wilson. System QBs who have nothing elite. Both will be back up QBs at best. The only 2 legit franchise guys are Geno Smith and Matt Barkley, and I worry about the USC thing with Barkley. Personally, I'd draft 2 QBs and hope one of them hits. Collin Klein will be an interesting 2nd or later pick.

...because all the players currently on the roster don't want to win?

Did you read kelsays comments about effort?! Doesn't seem unreasonable to question players attitude toward winning.

http://www.cbssports...ctrankings/2013

CBS has him 23rd overall

They also have him as the 3rd rated QB. Take him, please!!!!! I watched him play before coach decided to run his bike off the road with his youg mistress on board and he is damn good.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2013

In his best season (out of 5!) he had 24 passing TDs. And this year a bunch of excuses for disappointing senior year play. Hmmmmm....where have I read this before (JPL).

"pass"

I see your numbers, but have you seen him play? He's a really good QB who will have a nice career in the NFL. Better than Fitz. IMO.

In his best season (out of 5!) he had 24 passing TDs. And this year a bunch of excuses for disappointing senior year play. Hmmmmm....where have I read this before (JPL).

"pass"

Tom Brady was a 2 year starter at Michigan and threw 20 TDs in his best year.

Aaron Rodgers was also a 2 year starter and he topped out at 24 TDs.

College TD totals aren't the end all and be all of a player. I'd be more concerned about the track record of Bobby Petrino QBs in the pros

Brian Brohm threw 30 TDs as a senior...

1.) EJ Manuel and Glennon play I the ACC where Ryan Fitzpatrick would look like Tom Brady. Both EJ Manuel and Glennon put up stats like JaMarcus Russel in that bad conference and look bad while Doing it. Did any one see McGlennon's 3 picks against UVA? UVA!!!

Please Bills Nation just stop with this in November. You don't want either of these two starting in 2013. I was big on EJ Manuel 2 years ago but he has proven that he is not a winner or a leader he is just an athlete.

2.) Landry Jones has regressed every year the last two years. Again do you want Trent Edwards part II? No

3.) You do not wait or trade back in to the late 1st for your QB. You take them with your first pick of the first round. With the new CBA and the rookie Salary pool there is no such thing as a "reach" for a QB. Second tier QBs go early now. They do not exist in the second or third round. I.e. Tannehill, Weeden, Ponder. Hell Dalton would be a 3rd round pick pre 2011 draft. If you think Tyler Wilson has what it takes. Can be a leader and is an accurate passer that can male fast decisions under pressure than you take him at #6 or #3 overall. You do not wait and try to get a deal. That is just plain stupid at this point in time.

You think a 3rd round pick will be starting right away?

No but maybe the third pick in the first round might :D

Did you read kelsays comments about effort?! Doesn't seem unreasonable to question players attitude toward winning.

They also have him as the 3rd rated QB. Take him, please!!!!! I watched him play before coach decided to run his bike off the road with his youg mistress on board and he is damn good.

http://www.cbssports...ctrankings/2013

I see your numbers, but have you seen him play? He's a really good QB who will have a nice career in the NFL. Better than Fitz. IMO.

I really think he will be the leader we haven't had since Flutie and obviously an upgrade to Fitzpatrick.. Not Kelly but possibly the best since...Just my opinion. I really like him as a pro QB. But, no i don't want the Bills to tank but he would be one hell of an addition next year. Go Bills !!! :thumbsup:

I'm no QB guru, but as a layman watching the TN v SC game (b/c I'm not going to watch anymore election coverage, & it's on) Tyler Bray looks amazing. Not polished, but good God, the kid has a rocket.

Ugh to Jones and ugh to Wilson. System QBs who have nothing elite. Both will be back up QBs at best. The only 2 legit franchise guys are Geno Smith and Matt Barkley, and I worry about the USC thing with Barkley. Personally, I'd draft 2 QBs and hope one of them hits. Collin Klein will be an interesting 2nd or later pick.

Please Barkley sucks and Geno is just another guy , Jones and Wilson are way better than them.

2.) Landry Jones has regressed every year the last two years. Again do you want Trent Edwards part II? No

Apparently you haven't watched him this year. He regressed badly last year when he lost his WRs but has rebounded quite nicely this year, more importantly has the Talent to be a franchise QB.

I'm no QB guru, but as a layman watching the TN v SC game (b/c I'm not going to watch anymore election coverage, & it's on) Tyler Bray looks amazing. Not polished, but good God, the kid has a rocket.

Bray is only a junior and does have a rocket arm, tight spirals and a quick release but he as been very inconsistant and needs more experience. If stays in and works on his accuracy and decision making he could be the top QB in 2014.

just my two cents, but I really like Laundry Jones. I have watched him alot this year(mainly because he is always on) and his down field throws are acurate and get there quick. He is also mobile. I think you could get him in the second(also thought this about ponder) and maybe get Tao first.

Welcome to the fan club. However Jones is going first round and is much better than Ponder was in college.

Lets see how the kids finish the season out. I do not think the combine matters one bit to QB's.

As the games get more meanning full lets see how they respond to the pressure. Murray is the most interesting one. Plays in a pro style system, in the SEC. he goes up against great defenses game in and game out. So far he has had an average showing. Some great numbers put up, but has struggled in big games against SC and FLA. If the Dawgs make it to the Dome and IF he has a great game against Bama's D, then you have to take Murray. All that said he is still a JR and could come back one more year.

I don't understand why you are so enamored with Landry Jones? He seems to be one of those qbs who has the measurable but it doesn't translate into productivity on the field. I watched him against Notre Dame and wasn't very impressed with his game. He is the type of player who will tease you on a particular play that few qbs can make but too often there is nothing special about his overall game, at least on a sustained basis.

I realize it is very early in the draft board ranking stage. But it is telling that the few boards that are being touted this early in the process don't have Landry Jones in the first round whle a number of other qb prospects make that grade, it being understood that the innumerable draft boards are in a very preliminary and fluid stage.

Please Barkley sucks and Geno is just another guy , Jones and Wilson are way better than them.

Apparently you haven't watched him this year. He regressed badly last year when he lost his WRs but has rebounded quite nicely this year, more importantly has the Talent to be a franchise QB.

Bray is only a junior and does have a rocket arm, tight spirals and a quick release but he as been very inconsistant and needs more experience. If stays in and works on his accuracy and decision making he could be the top QB in 2014.

Welcome to the fan club. However Jones is going first round and is much better than Ponder was in college.

I'd hate to wait until their careers are over, but I'd easily put up $1000 or more on Smith and Barkley being, much better NFL players than Jones. Honestly, you are like the only person I've heard who actually likes Jones anymore. He is a crappier version of Sam Bradford and Bradford is one of the few starting QBs that Fitz is better than.

I'd hate to wait until their careers are over, but I'd easily put up $1000 or more on Smith and Barkley being, much better NFL players than Jones. Honestly, you are like the only person I've heard who actually likes Jones anymore. He is a crappier version of Sam Bradford and Bradford is one of the few starting QBs that Fitz is better than.

right because there isn't another person in THIS THREAD that doesn't like him. Shoot I'm getting way support for Jones than I ever did for Tannehill. I'm not a gambler but by judging by their performance in college Jones is the better QB.

If you think Wilson is the guy, you take him with the first pick. Don't give a chance to let someone else take him. If you think you can get a franchise QB you take him. Period.

Take it a step further... if a franchise QB is entering the draft next year... you do what the Colts did the last two times they drafted quarterbacks, you purposely throw away the entire previous season to make sure you get your man. This eliminates the need to have to trade up. you get to keep all of your picks allowing you to draft a good supporting cast. You get your franchise QB AND the first pick of each round to help him out. Plus you keep all of the next years picks as well. It's not rocket science, and it's proven to work well, as long as you know what a franchise QB looks like.

Edited by BILLS_ROC