Revolution

Thats what I'm thinking. The acting isnt great but the concept is really cool. Sorta reminds me of a book I read in HS called Alas Babalon (sp)

Read S.M. Stirling's "Dies The Fire" instead. Same basic premise (enough that I still wonder if they owe him royalties), but better execution.

Read S.M. Stirling's "Dies The Fire" instead. Same basic premise (enough that I still wonder if they owe him royalties), but better execution.

Excuse me, I meant "instead of watching Revolution," not "instead of reading Alas, Babylon." Which is actually a pretty good book.

Like weird series like this but they never seem to last more than a season. Last year is was Alcatraz, the year before The Event. There was one the year before that about a town that no one could leave certain boundaries. So yeah, I don't see this one lasting long but will watch it while it's on. Which is in 5 minutes.

Excuse me, I meant "instead of watching Revolution," not "instead of reading Alas, Babylon." Which is actually a pretty good book.

Ill have to check it out. Thanks Tom

Wait a minute. Did you just make a mistake and admit it? WTF, I think the Mayans were right.

Wait a minute. Did you just make a mistake and admit it? WTF, I think the Mayans were right.

No, I had to add clarity to ensure than no one would misread my post. I didn't make a mistake, I was merely making sure no one else made a mistake. :rolleyes:

Thats what I'm thinking. The acting isnt great but the concept is really cool. Sorta reminds me of a book I read in HS called Alas Babalon (sp)

A better comparison than Alas Babylon would be "One Second After" by Forstchen

I think every kid who went to McQuaid in the 80s read Alas Babylon. Great book but I'm a sucker for the post-apocalyptic novel.

Adding Dies the Fire to my Kindle now.

We have watched the first 2 episodes as well and were not very impressed. The plot line is being advanced soooo slowly and the charecters are kind of annoying. Oh, and every 10 minutes there's a sword fight. I'm not exagerating when I say that, to me, the most interesting part of the second episode was the previews for the third episode.

Yes your mistake was not being clear in your first post.

That wasn't a mistake. I understood it. I was also smart enough to understand that, whereas it's perfectly clear to me, I'm exceptionally smart, and to people of more average ability it may have been ambiguous.

In other words: I'm a goddamned genius, so if you don't understand me, the problem is yours, not mine. Ergo, it's not a "mistake" to clarify myself, merely a choice.

A better comparison than Alas Babylon would be "One Second After" by Forstchen

I read that about a month ago. I've recently been on a survival fiction kick. As with most of the genre, the writing isn't great, but One Second After had a good story, and was plenty disturbing. I've read around 6 of those types over the last few months, and I think that's the only one I would recommend. I've never read Alas Babylon.

But now that I think of it, One Second After really doesn't compare to Revolution. Revolution shows the power out, then skips 15 years. One Second After is all about the short term impact.

Edited by Faustus

Like weird series like this but they never seem to last more than a season. Last year is was Alcatraz, the year before The Event. There was one the year before that about a town that no one could leave certain boundaries. So yeah, I don't see this one lasting long but will watch it while it's on. Which is in 5 minutes.

I actually am refusing to watch this show for this exact reason. Flash Forward was the last straw for me. If any of these shows make it a few seasons I will get invested - if not I won't waste my time.

I watch it but I really don't have very much to say about it. If it went away I wouldn't really notice

I thought the premise was cool but in the first episode one of the big obstacle's facing the leads brother was him not having an inhaler. Color me underwhelmed. If the lead chick was less of a butter face, I may have kept the series on record.

Good God, this show is freaking horrible! If not for Gus Fring and Billy Boyd, the show would be completely unwatchable. Other than those two, every character is a one-dimensional bore, and everyone acts in an irrational manner.

Why is Google boy still a fattie? He's useless, there is no way he would have survived in that world. And now he's displaying the secret power pendant to the enemy?

British blonde lady had an interesting back story, but has since been killed off. Although she took like 30 minutes to bleed out from a severed femoral artery.

Miles is a grumpy batman figure who's superpowers are apparently that he is immune to how stupid, useless, and downright criminaly dangerous to everyone his nitwit neice is.

Hot, black, resistance lady is kind of cool, but also does not act rationally. How freaking stupid do you have to be to have a tattoo on your back, which is essentially a death sentence if seen by the militia? Hell, she doesn't even have to be strip searched to find that.

And this brings me to the real issue with teh show: the two sibling leads. Annoying girl Charlie has two emotions: crybaby face and wide eyed furrowed brow. I think Danny boy is a cuter girl than her. And next week, she's supposed to have sex appeal? I can't wait.

See you next week!

Edited by TheMadCap

Sounds like most women I've dated

Haven't watched Revolution. Seen the commercials and doubt it will make it anywhere near a 3rd season

I have to say ... I'm growing fond of the new avatar. It's no ht, but it's got its appeal.

I'm one episode behind on this show. I guess I'm in the minority on it though as I'm enjoying it. The sword fighting is kind of retro-cool, and anything Giancario Esposito does I'll watch. Still think he should have won the emmy this year for Breaking Bad. Dude is awesome.

• 11 months later...

I gave up on it... gotten any better?

Not really, the original gang is now split up with different story arcs. And (spoiler alert) huge plot holes. For instance,

Aaron gets killed, yet comes back to life because of the Nano probes. Yet other people get killed and stay dead?

It's one of those shows I'll probably continue watching, hoping it'll get better, but it won't.

Not really, the original gang is now split up with different story arcs. And (spoiler alert) huge plot holes. For instance,

Aaron gets killed, yet comes back to life because of the Nano probes. Yet other people get killed and stay dead?

It's one of those shows I'll probably continue watching, hoping it'll get better, but it won't.

What's with the rats? I like the show but they're getting to complicated with it. I predict that this will be the last season.

Oh, and I'm no expert but if they dropped nukes on Philly and Atlanta how are there refugee camps and survivors around those cities?

Edited by Kevin

Anyone still watching this piece of crap?

I am. :bag:

It's something I turn on when I'm doing other things. I find it more tolerable if I pay just enough attention to keep up with the overall story line, but not enough to be turned off by the acting and the individual episode stories.