Post Locker Room video

buffalo1983

I was at the game yesterday. Lower level, Bills side. Choice was getting all the Bills fans fired up (and there was alot of Bills fans present) before the start of the game. It was pretty cool to see.

maybe i am the only one. besides Chan.

I like Choice on the team. They released White finally and Tashard may not see the field much with our pair of Aces but he did a nice job when called upon fore a # 3. good solid value right there. Brah.

maybe i am the only one. besides Chan.

I like Choice on the team. They released White finally and Tashard may not see the field much with our pair of Aces but he did a nice job when called upon fore a # 3. good solid value right there. Brah.

Nope. Love him on the team. As a 3rd RB I don't think you can get much better. As a motivational speaker?!?!? Maybe not so much. But hey, if the rest of the team gets pumps up, WTF do I care.

I've always felt the rah-rah and inspirational stuff is less important in pro sports and should be left to those who can actually pull it off (thus my opinion on the comments about Wanny coming down from the booth and motivating).

I agree with mrags in that Gailey is really out of character IMO when he tries being inspirational. Can you imagine Bill Belichick, Wade Phillips or Tom Landry trying to be rah rah? A head coach should just be himself. Don't be someone you're not.

If I was Chan I'd just be straightforward, factual, and encouraging. Remind the guys that they're 3-3 and that it's a step in the right direction but we want to be a winning team so anything less than a winning record isn't good enough. Remind the guys that the playoffs is the goal. Tell them they just beat a really good football team in their own backyard and that they have a lot to be proud of. Remind them of the 24 hour rule… feel good for 24 hours and then get back to the hard work of being a professional. Tell them you're proud of how they pulled together during the extended road trip.

If you're gonna speak, speak as yourself and from the heart… don't try morphing into Knute Rockne… especially if you can't pull it off.

As for Choice, I couldn't make out his whole spiel but it sounded more or less like something like that is supposed to sound.

I guess it's ritualized behavior so someone's gotta do it but like I said, unless you're really gifted in that area better to not try to phony your way through it.

JMO.

Looked like half of them did not give a shi*....100% serious

Ha - was thinking the same thing - could practically see the eyes rolling on some.

I think it's fine to have some emotion - one thing I keep thinking w/ Choice though is that there were incidents in training camp where he got into tussles w/ the defense who were sick of him running his mouth - I would bet there are some guys on D who don't care to have him represent them as their 'vocal leader'

yes i recall that Steve Whowas it he got p.o.d. It was training camp or pre season?

Nothing wrong with getting the blood moving on a football team. He paid for it too didnt he. he went out for awhile i think

Edited by 3rdand12

http://www.buffalobills.com/media-center/videos/Exclusive_Postgame_Locker_Room_Speech/c90a6757-3835-4f61-9543-564c0689c81f

"We're brothers! We ride together, we die together!"

Tashard Choice is really becoming the vocal leader of this team. It's a pretty cool thing to see. I'm becoming a big fan of this guy. Preach on! Go Bills!

I'm all for Choice splitting carries with Fred until Fred shows he's 100%. That said I would like the Bills to make Spiller the man and start giving him 60% of the carries.

Choice has put up some nice stats & ran hard vs Cleveland. You can never have too many running backs.

I am confused in an unhappy way that Chan doesn't seem to acknowledge Choice's attempts to pump up the team. Why not give Choice a few extra carries? He's not as quick as Spiller or as slippery as Jackson, but he hits the hole hard, which is a pretty good way to run when you are playing a ball control type of offence. He is also a pretty good blocker.

I am confused in an unhappy way that Chan doesn't seem to acknowledge Choice's attempts to pump up the team. Why not give Choice a few extra carries? He's not as quick as Spiller or as slippery as Jackson, but he hits the hole hard, which is a pretty good way to run when you are playing a ball control type of offence. He is also a pretty good blocker.

I hear ya on Choice, but you kind of make your case for you. He's got two, very, very, good RBs ahead of him on the depth chart that are already looking for/secretly pissed about the number of carries they are getting.

I don't believe Fred and CJ are secretly pissed about the carries... I think the injuries that have occurred both this season and last gives them insight in the need for both roles, and an understanding that health may play the biggest role in those carries.

OTOH I do agree that Choice gets no carries while both are active....

Edited by UticaBill

I no longer mind if a player talks "smack" about other teams before a game. It at least tells me he is putting some pride on the line, and won't coast. Even though Whitner sucked, at least I knew he was gonna put himself into the game. I have my doubts about other players doing that, for instance Mario Williams. I would be very excited to hear him guarantee a victory over the Pats or Jets. Then I know the guy is gonna show up.

As an aside, is anyone gonna make a big deal out of Gailey comparing football to war?

Edited by Geno Smith's Arm