For those who want to throw in the towel on the season...

I'm rooting for wins. They've screwed up draft picks from every position on the board, so why not go for a weeks worth of feel good and a happy phone call from my 80 yo father....

I know this team isn't going to make a deep run, but so what.

I'm with PTR, too. I don't think it's any secret that the three blowout losses are disturbing and they may not exactly be looking like the K-Gun offense of the 90s, but there is still time to improve. They've beaten the bad teams (KC, CLE) and lost to the elite teams (NE, SF), but the other two games are a bit enigmatic. They got blown out by an over-rated Jets team, yet squeaked out a win against a pretty good Cardinals team.

Either way, the season's nowhere near over. A win next week will certainly help the good feelings going into the bye.

Edited by BuffaloWings

I'm with PTR, too. I don't think it's any secret that the three blowout losses are disturbing and they may not exactly be looking like the K-Gun offense of the 90s, but there is still time to improve. They've beaten the bad teams (KC, CLE) and lost to the elite teams (NE, SF), but the other two games are a bit enigmatic. They got blown out by an over-rated Jets team, yet squeaked out a win against a pretty good Cardinals team.

A pretty good Cards team but the Bills matched up perfectly with them. Mario and Kelsay were up against players that were #1 and #2 for sacks allowed with the #3 person having half as many. That plus being down to their 3rd string RB should have made it almost impossible for the Cards offense to score. And as it was the Cards would have won that game in regulation had it not been for the chip shot FG miss.

As a good friend of mine says, any win is a good win no matter how lucky or ugly. The Bills have the Titans at home which should be winnable. Hopefully the Bills D can build off of yesterday and show up for the Titans game as well.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Right now, I am assuming they are 4-5 when they play Miami on Thursday Night. Beating Houston or New England seems about as realistic as winning the Super Bowl. Indy, Rams and Titans seems to be the 3 easiest games by a mile. Buffalo HAS to beat a team that they have no biz beating if they want playoff talk to become real. They still can't beat teams like Miami and the Jets so Fitz has to at least play like back-up instead of a 3rd stringer.

I disagree, Fizt plays like a backup

These kind of posts make me really sad. As someone that was a fan through the Kelly Era, it's just feels pathetic to think this is the standard for current Bills fans.

Before the SB era, I remember saying it would be nice to just be 8-8 instead of 4 wins in two seasons.

Take it for what it is, and enjoy Monday morning after a win.

I recall seeing a lot of posts and commentary in the vane of "Oh man, the Bills are going to get destroyed again this weekend" or "After we lose to the Cardinals..." over the week leading up to yesterday's game.

Now many of these same geniuses are left with nothing else but to flame on the Bills' win by denigrating the Cardinals or calling the win lucky or ugly or unsatisfying.

You can't have it both ways, fellas.

As you typed this, the Texans are getting blown out by the 2-3 Packers and earlier today, the NYG walked into Candlestick Park and blew the doors off of the same 49ers who killed us last week. This early in the season, teams are still developing. These next four to five games will reveal the pretenders from the contenders.

If Chan can figure a way to have CJ become the complete and unquestioned focal point of our offense and limit Fitz's throws, then I say we have a good shot at the playoffs

You hit the nailed it on a few points.

CJ is the Bills most dynamic player on offense. He needs to touch the ball 25 times a game. Freddie about 15. Stevie gets targeted about 7-8 times a game. The rest get whats left over.

Last year Bills were 5-2, and then the wheels feel off. You have to wait till week 10-12 to get the real feel for who is a true play off team.

Living here in Atl, no fans are really over confident about the Dirty Birds. 6-0 is nice, but win a playoff game or two and then we will talk. The Falcons found a way to win a 'trap' game yesterday before their bye this next week. It was an ugly win much like Buffalo's yesterday. But in the NFL when you only get 16 chances you take one any way you can.

The Bills season is like taking a trip to the moon with no food. Sure, we'll get there, but it won't end well. Play-offs or not, without a QB who, in the very least, can act as a game manager, we won't be better than 7-9. I've seen this play out before.

And, btw, tonight's win was a gift. For all intents and purposes, this game was gift-wrapped for the Cards to win. By dumb luck, the Bills won. Even a dead clock is right twice per day. I have never been so dissatisfied by a win as I am tonight.

You do know the moon is made of cheese, don't you?

I have to wonder how the Cards got that many wins with an OL that is that horrible at both ends.

Are their injured RBs THAT good???

No their RB's stink, Kolb played well enough and they have Larry Fitz & Andre Roberts 6 rec 118 yds & 2 TD's against Miami (who sucked against the Bills tho). The Dolphins sacked Kolb 8 times in their OT game, plus the Cards defense is top ten.

The Bills got very lucky this time, Kolb hurt at the end of the game so a cold Skelton came in and threw an INT to Byrd, plus the tipped FG

Points for, 137. Points against, 192. 0-2 in the division :sick:

Edited by Fear the Beard

I'm glad we got the blow-out losses out of the way. The problem with the 2008 and 2011 seasons was that they got out to a great start but then the wheels came off famously. They had no experience bouncing back from consecutive ugly losses, and that's when the losing streaks really piled up. A loss is a loss no matter how bad (unless the points for/against tiebreaker comes into play for some ungodly reason) and the three games we lost were expected. So yes, until the Bills lose the games they should win and fail to pull off one or two upsets, it's okay to say the Bills are still in the hunt.

Not only are the Bills tied (record-wise, not tie breaker) for the AFC East lead, but they have the 4th best record in the AFC and tied (record-wise) for a wild card. The Bills have problems, they don't look good, but right now they are still in the thick of it. The rest of the AFC is not running away from us, not yet anyway.

One game at a time.

PTR

We gave up 1,201 yards in two games, we still haven't beat a team in the division (we may beat Miami at home: 1-5), Fitzputrid looks worse than ever, our wins are against Cle,KC,AZ, and injuries started to take a toll.... It doesn't look good.

Edited by Azucho98

Because a win over the Cardinals automatically removes blowout losses in three of their first 6, including 2 division rivals. I want to see this team against Houston and New England before anyone declares them improved or on the path to the playoffs.

Not competitive against top 5 teams on the road yet. You are asking too much if you are insisting on wins in either of those two games. Tennessee, KC, Miami, Seattle, Colts, especially at home is one level of competition. Division powers on the road... um... no. Need a big time team for that. QB/WR/LB need to be better to go there. Not there yet. Prob never get there with this franchise's shaky owner/FO/coaching situation. But can make the playoffs beating the bottom 22 teams regularly. That's about all we can ask for until long term ownership is in place. Of course, the team will be gone when that happens, but that is a completely different thread.

Right now, I am assuming they are 4-5 when they play Miami on Thursday Night. Beating Houston or New England seems about as realistic as winning the Super Bowl. Indy, Rams and Titans seems to be the 3 easiest games by a mile. Buffalo HAS to beat a team that they have no biz beating if they want playoff talk to become real. They still can't beat teams like Miami and the Jets so Fitz has to at least play like back-up instead of a 3rd stringer.

4-5 and HEALTHY going into the Miami game? With every game against top 10 teams over with for the season? I'll take that all day.

I'm not throwing in the towel by any means....

The defense is starting to get better, I really loved our oline before a few injuries and our rbs could be the best in football.

If we set up the pass with our run game instead of vice versa I think we have a legitimate shot at making it.

I BILLIEVE!

To suggest that this team is in the thick of it is turning a blind eye to the reality of just how much trouble this franchise is in. Yes statistically they remain in the "hunt" but believing they are a quality team is delusional.

what reality are you talking about? did you look at the Chargers yesterday in the second half and the broncos in the first half? did you not see the Cardinals beat the Patriots in NE, the bengals lose to the browns, and the saints get slammed by the chiefs at home?

the ENTIRE afc (except for 2 teams) is either .500 or below. the only reality I've seen so far is that anyone in the AFC can be beaten.

Edited by bobobonators

idk what it is about this board but of all the fan sites i have participated in over the years this one is the most gloomy see the bad side of everything we suck no matter what the record i have ever seen. i mean, all fan boards are bad, its sort of the sad reflective commentary on the masses generally miserably selfish outlook on life, but this one takes the cake

granted, its been real bad being a bills fan this last decade plus. it seems no hot start is good enough, no success is sustainable, no set of scrubs with nothing to play for can be beat by the starters for a playoff spot. and for sure this isnt an elite team, more accurately just one of the pack that may or may not distinguish itself and emerge as a legit playoff threat over the remaining games

but here it is one third into the season, the bills are as alive as almost anybody for a playoff spot, the team is amazingly healthy so far, and theres still probably the easiest schedule in the nfl left to be played from here on out. i mean, why in the world would anyone even remotely entertain the idea that the season is over? its like youre making out with a halfway decent partially drunk girl who seems to be just getting juicy and youre running to the bathroom to rub one out

yall are crazy

idk what it is about this board but of all the fan sites i have participated in over the years this one is the most gloomy see the bad side of everything we suck no matter what the record i have ever seen. i mean, all fan boards are bad, its sort of the sad reflective commentary on the masses generally miserably selfish outlook on life, but this one takes the cake

granted, its been real bad being a bills fan this last decade plus. it seems no hot start is good enough, no success is sustainable, no set of scrubs with nothing to play for can be beat by the starters for a playoff spot. and for sure this isnt an elite team, more accurately just one of the pack that may or may not distinguish itself and emerge as a legit playoff threat over the remaining games

yall are crazy

I'm with ya on this. But really, it pre dates message boards. I was a huge Cowboys fan in the Tom Landry era. Fans back then were grousing that we didn't win by enough. Tom Landry is a moron. We should bench Roger for Danny White. The flex must go. blah blah blah. I don't get it either.

We just won a game over coming obstacles at the end to win in OT against a quality opponent on the road. And our D won it for us! There are so many positives to get from this. But, let's just concentrate on the negative stuff!

We're 3-3 and very much in it in every way. Can't we just enjoy it while it lasts?

Edited by reddogblitz

I'm with ya on this. But really, it pre dates message boards. I was a huge Cowboys fan in the Tom Landry era. Fans back then were grousing that we didn't win by enough. Tom Landry is a moron. We should bench Roger for Danny White. The flex must go. blah blah blah. I don't get it either.

We just won a game over coming obstacles at the end to win in OT against a quality opponent on the road. And our D won it for us! There are so many positives to get from this. But, let's just concentrate on the negative stuff!

We're 3-3 and very much in it in every way. Can't we just enjoy it while it lasts?

The reality of the situation is the Jets are 2-0 in the division, the Patriots are 1-0, the Dolphins are 0-1. The Bills are 0-2 in the division, and Points for, 137. Points against, 192. The Bills play the Patriots at NE, Miami 2x with a rookie QB playing really well and a tough defense. The Jets at home the final game.

The Bills have proven they can beat bad teams with bad QB's and faulty O lines.

But they can't stop the run as they are last in the NFL against the run, 31st in the NFL in total defense. The new 4-3 DC is the worst coach the Bills have ever had by far. The Special teams are currently ranked 31st.

The Bills might even beat their next opponent at home in the 2-4 Titans, but @ Houston is 5-1, @ NE 3-3, Miami 3-3, @ Colts 2-3, Jags 1-4, Rams 3-3, Seahawks 4-2, @ Dolphins 3-3, Jets 3-3. It is conceivable the Bills win at least 3 more games or more. In all probability will finish the season 6-10

Bottom line is, the points for and against tell me this Bills team is a bad team, very bad defense, very bad special teams, QB playing poorly, bad coaching. poor scheme, poor game planning. The HC can't stop trying to make a back up QB do it all himself by throwing all game long.

But Hey, they could go 13-3, right?

but here it is one third into the season, the bills are as alive as almost anybody for a playoff spot, the team is amazingly healthy so far, and theres still probably the easiest schedule in the nfl left to be played from here on out. i mean, why in the world would anyone even remotely entertain the idea that the season is over? its like youre making out with a halfway decent partially drunk girl who seems to be just getting juicy and youre running to the bathroom to rub one out

yall are crazy

What a coincidence that the team with the longest playoff drought would have the most gloomy messageboard!

Anyone want to make a bet that they don't make the playoffs?

What a coincidence that the team with the longest playoff drought would have the most gloomy messageboard!

Arent you a spunky one? Are you really calling people out to make bets? You know whoever loses will just renig on their commitment. I havent read through all the posts, but I'm willing to believe that most people are saying that they have a chance to make the playoffs, not that the ARE going to make the playoffs. You, on the other hand, think they there is NO WAY they make the playoffs. You can't see into the future, unless you are Jesus reincarnated, which I KNOW you're not. So, go take your soothsayer predictions elsewhere, I'll watch the season and see how it shakes out instead.

Arent you a spunky one? Are you really calling people out to make bets? You know whoever loses will just renig on their commitment. I havent read through all the posts, but I'm willing to believe that most people are saying that they have a chance to make the playoffs, not that the ARE going to make the playoffs. You, on the other hand, think they there is NO WAY they make the playoffs. You can't see into the future, unless you are Jesus reincarnated, which I KNOW you're not. So, go take your soothsayer predictions elsewhere, I'll watch the season and see how it shakes out instead.

Last season, (after 5 games) I bet THEY WOULD make the playoffs, and lost the bet,. I paid in full ($150.00), and "bbb" can vouch for me, I have never met him, had some mildly contentious differences of opinion with him, and will probably never even see the guy. I paid him and I live on the other side of the country!. I may be annoying, but I stand behind what I say. So many others here want to act like they know what they are talking about, but don't want to put ANYTHING on the line.

Edited by Geno Smith's Arm

Last season, (after 5 games) I bet THEY WOULD make the playoffs, and lost the bet,. I paid in full ($150.00), and "bbb" can vouch for me, I have never met him, had some mildly contentious differences of opinion with him, and will probably never even see the guy. I paid him and I live on the other side of the country!. I may be annoying, but I stand behind what I say. So many others here want to act like they know what they are talking about, but don't want to put ANYTHING on the line.

Knowing what you are talking about and the willingness to bet money an a prediction are not mutually exclusive. You can know what you are talking about and still get a playoff prediction wrong you know. How many former professional football personalities on TV make picks every week? Have they always gotten every game pick correct? Didn't think so. But that doesn't mean that they don't know what they are talking about.

Although good for you on paying up! I never would have made that bet myself, but I too was thinking playoffs last year after the fast start.

So you want to bet on your team not making the playoffs on a fanboard for that team? You're awesome.

Knowing what you are talking about and the willingness to bet money an a prediction are not mutually exclusive. You can know what you are talking about and still get a playoff prediction wrong you know. How many former professional football personalities on TV make picks every week? Have they always gotten every game pick correct? Didn't think so. But that doesn't mean that they don't know what they are talking about.

Although good for you on paying up! I never would have made that bet myself, but I too was thinking playoffs last year after the fast start.

Thanks for clearing that up! You are right, of course, but there are also people that have no idea what they are talking about and are sometimes right. Who woulda thunk it?

There are also people who aren't very realistic, that insist that they know what they are talking about. The offer is for them...capiche?

So you want to bet on your team not making the playoffs on a fanboard for that team? You're awesome.

I didn't say I'm happy about them not making it.

So you're in?

I don't mind if they win, as long as they do EVERYTHING in their power, and even surrender some power, to get the QB of the future. It's clearly the #1 problem here, and the thing holding many of the good pieces on this team back.

Well put! I run into a problem here, sometimes, when I post about the need for Buffalo to do whatever it takes to draft the next good QB - and I've said, if the Bills don't stand a chance at competing for a SuperBowl, I'd rather see them tank for a year, get the good draft pick, and get the QB! So many fans, though, get angry with that sentiment, thinking it's the equivalent of throwing out the season, or wishing losses on the Bills.

On the Contrary, though - I love the Bills, and I wish they'd do great every week. I just fear that it will come down to this: the Bills find ways to win enough games to get close to the playoffs, or in, and then lose - all the while Fitz has played as he has - terribly. After the season Gailey supports Fitz, saying he had a lot of touchdowns, he just needs to limit his mistakes, it's all fixable. I fear they'll use marginal success as an excuse to keep Fitz - and he WILL keep us from ever winning a championship. I would trade this "marginal" success for a season that sees us lose more games than we win, as long as the byproduct of this season is the aggressive pursuit of a new QB! I just want the Bills to be legitimate - to be truly capable of competing week in and out - and, so long as Fitz is our QB, it isn't really possible.

I would like to think that making the playoffs would validate the current management team and be a sign of an improving roster. Fitzpatrick and the defense will have to perform better to allow this to happen as neither of them gave winning efforts in the 3 losses. There is a very real chance that this can happen because it happens for a few teams every year. So I choose to be happy that they are 3 and 3, still in the mix and still relatively healthy. So why not try to enjoy the rest of the season and see what happens.