Positives/negatives from today. What are yours?

Mine...

Positives:

-Byrd is a stud. I've known this for a while, but today further re-iterated his elite status at his position. We need to lock him up.

-Mario was a beast. He could have had way more sacks today. Seemed like he played with anger

-Entire D-Line was constantly generating passrush. Arizona's weak O-line still leaves me somewhat skeptical.

-Spiller is undoubtedly one of the better RB's in the league. Does anybody think Freddy is as good?

-Stevie was open all game. His route running is outstanding

Negatives:

-Fitz. I love the guy, but he's not a starting NFL qb. He makes great reads and has heart, but simply doesn't have the necessary tangibles to succeed in the NFL. It becomes more apparant every week.

-Chan Gailey has officially lost his mind. I have NO faith in the coaching staff whatsoever.

They're really about the same as they have been. Spiller was great, Byrd is good. Mario had a good quarter, that's something different. Run defense was bad. Fitz was putrid. Coaching in general and playcalling in particular sucked. Not much different except for the subpar opponent.

Positives:

-While I saw multiple, I'll mention what I thought was the most important: the players demeanor/body language on the field. Someone riled them up before this game, and they played hungry. That has been completely missing this whole season, imo.

Negatives:

-Throwing on first down, ever.

-Throwing three in a row, ever.

-Hell, I'd like to see them rarely throw on second down. Run the hell out of the ball. It's good for us and wears out their defense.

Kelsay gave them free runs around his end all game. He's show and stupid and so is his D coordinator.

Thought the rookie CB did a nice jon on Fitzgerald.

Dareus was horrible again.

Main thing is, we are doomed with our QB and every coach.

100% agree re: Kelsay

I thought Dareus had a good game, though

Negatives:

1] Ruvell Martin is on the team to do one thing, and screwed it up at a critical point of the game.

2] Fitz was just horrible.

3] Wanny not having CBs covering Larry Fitzgerald at any point let alone in the fourth quarter is mindless.

4] Lee Smith losing his head.

5] The obvious bonehead Wildcat call and several other head scratchers.

6] Powell shanks a punt when we need him to nail one.

Positives:

1] Spiller is back healthy and is a simply a stud.

2] Mario and the pass rush played well, but the Cards are crap across the front and they better have.

3] Bradham looks like he has a good feel for the game, as well as the size and speed.

4] Obviously the Byrdman was the player of the game.

5] We made a play to win the game.

Positives:

Mario Williams was pretty damn good today

SJ got open against a good CB

Byrd's INTs

Spiller

1st half pass rush

Powell, aside from the last punt

McKelvin

Liked what I saw of Kyle Moore

Negatives:

Chan- play calling is a !@#$ing mess. And CJ needs 2x the number of touches as FJ.

Repeated loss of containment on the edges

Letting Kevin Kolb rush for nearly 2x his number of YTD rushing yards

Braincramps in pass coverage

Fitz

ETA: Ruvell Martin. Waste of a roster spot

Edited by bills44

I'm gonna keep it short since I have to do a lot of work and I only got to see the second half but:

Positives:

1) Bill's d-line was dominating again. As OP said this was against the Cardinals O-line so it might not even mean anything but it was good to see nonetheless.

2) Bill's defense in general showed a lot of heart. It was great seeing the Bill's swarming the ball carrier everytime. It's what we've been missing these past two weeks. Also nice to see no collapsing in general.

3) CJ was astounding. His movements are so much faster and quicker than anyone I've seen before. If he stays healthy he has got to be a future HOF'er.

4) Byrd is back to his ball hawking self. I just want to see him do it on a consistent basis like he did two seasons(or three?) ago.

Negatives:

1)Playcalling. Whoever was calling the plays in overtime needs to be stripped of that responsibililty. I have never seen worse playcalling in my life. When you have someone as good as CJ you put the ball in his hands and let him win the game for you. This game was a case of the players overcoming the poor playcalling.

2) Fitz looked terrible today. One of the poorest passing performances I've seen in a while. The only plus side is that he didn't turn the ball over at all. I don't think Fitz is as bad as everyone makes him out today but if things continue this way he needs to be pulled. I do think he would perform a lot better if our playcalling.

Did I miss something on the first down that Chan challenged and lost? Didn't the initial measurement show the ball a few (maybe a couple) inches short?

Only one of many missed calls.

yeah, thought the same thing. but then we got a first down where it looked a link short. do they have a new type of chain or are the officials as stupid as gailey?

Positives:

1) Byrd reasserts himself as a top-notch safety with two key picks.

2) D-Line showing up and the young blood playing with some heart

3) McKelvin counting his return excellence and even made some good plays at corner

4) CJ dominating yet again and Freddy also playing well after that initial fumble - I really think we need to emphasize CJ in the future though

5) WRs getting open

Negatives:

1) Worst play calling I have seen in.. maybe ever.

2) Fitz not making easy throws

3) Inconsistent punting from Powell - some really well placed ones but then a shank which should have cost us the game

Edited by Big C

Trying to find things nobody else has mentioned so far:

Positive: McIntyre in to block on successful drive in second half.

Negative: No adjustment on D to keep a spy on Kolb (even Tasker said they should)

PS: my prediction was that Bad Fitz would show up today and the Bills would lose. I was half right.

It's getting harder and harder trying to keep track of all the bad throws Fitz makes week after week.

No it's not:

Behind Stevie Johnson.

At Fred Jackson's feet.

Over Donald Jones.

That's about it. What's so hard about that? Other than the screen to Spiller, does he even try any other throws?

Mine...

Positives:

-Byrd is a stud. I've known this for a while, but today further re-iterated his elite status at his position. We need to lock him up.

-Mario was a beast. He could have had way more sacks today. Seemed like he played with anger

-Entire D-Line was constantly generating passrush. Arizona's weak O-line still leaves me somewhat skeptical.

-Spiller is undoubtedly one of the better RB's in the league. Does anybody think Freddy is as good?

-Stevie was open all game. His route running is outstanding

Negatives:

-Fitz. I love the guy, but he's not a starting NFL qb. He makes great reads and has heart, but simply doesn't have the necessary tangibles to succeed in the NFL. It becomes more apparant every week.

-Chan Gailey has officially lost his mind. I have NO faith in the coaching staff whatsoever.

Positive.... Bills won and they played pretty well. Most people thought they would lose. Front 4 played pretty well.

Negative ..... The Brad Smith pass was a bad play call

Super Negative....... having to listen to Shopp and the bulldog post game. as a bills fan i would like to celebrate. These morons are terrible. Bulllfrog doesn't realize that face guarding is a PI in the NFL.These ass clowns are horrible and always go negative. When the season started... someone told you the Bills would be 3-3 wouldn't you have thought that sounded right? At most 4-2.

WGR is completely horrible. The Bills rallied and saved their season. This is possibly the worst post game show in NFL it's just a Sunday evening version of their bad weekday show. In the end it's about wins and losses. If you are areal fan you know the Bills won today.

I try not to watch the Bills any more, it's just too painful. I had big Bills avoidance plans for today but I fell off a wall a couple of days ago and am semi-immobilized, so in spite of myself I headed down to a local sports bar to watch the late games. The highlight of this session was a 15 second real time interval where I watched RGIII sprint 76 yards for a TD, Russel Wison (like Flutie, but worse) and Sydney Rice beat the Patriots wretched secondary to steal a game and finally, Feely clank an upright to botch the game winner moments after hitting the 61 yarder.

Positives:

The Bills didn't give up any draft picks to acquire their non-playoff caliber quarterback.

Even though he didn't do much, Fred Jackson is probably my favorite Bills since Thurman. I really like his ability to turn a no-gainer into two or three yards.

CJ Spiller is one of the most exciting players in the league.

Defensive line somehow managed to find some pride after the humiliations of the last two weeks.

Stevie Johnson.

Negatives:

The quarterback play on both sides. Hard to believe there will be a worse pair of starting QBs this season.

I don't know what happened to Fitzpatrick's arm -- until he signed his extension it was passable -- but right now it might be the worst I've seen on an NFL quarterback, terribly inaccurate and underpowered.

Punt coverage team totally unprepared for fake.

Fitzgerald wide open on crucial 4th and 11.

I've wondered why Brad Smith always runs when he's the wildcat QB. Now I now. That was an inexcusable interception.

Edited by dhgold

-Fitz. I love the guy....

Why do so many people feel the need to preface criticism of Fitz with this phrase? I've seen that at least ten times recently.

Do people just not love the other crappy, worthless players on the team?

" i love the guy but..."Who cares if anyone on this team is a nice guy or not. He is getting worse and worse by the week and any QB with an ounce of talent would have iced that game in the first half. How in the world does a throw miss so badly from 7 yards away (the throw to Fred on OT Drive before they punted).

Fitz is clearly getting worse and I just have no explanation as to how he could be missing SO badly. First it was the deep throws and now, it's everything he touches. This team won today in spite of coaching and Fitz and I am just glad there is at least another couple more weeks of meaningful (albeit ugly) football.

Solid win on the road any way you look at it!

Edited by BuffaloBaumer

Why do so many people feel the need to preface criticism of Fitz with this phrase? I've seen that at least ten times recently.

Do people just not love the other crappy, worthless players on the team?

It has a better ring to it than, "Tarvaris, I love the guy, but he sucks." It just flows off the keyboard better. ;)

Positive.... Bills won and they played pretty well. Most people thought they would lose. Front 4 played pretty well.

Negative ..... The Brad Smith pass was a bad play call

Super Negative....... having to listen to Shopp and the bulldog post game. as a bills fan i would like to celebrate. These morons are terrible. Bulllfrog doesn't realize that face guarding is a PI in the NFL.These ass clowns are horrible and always go negative. When the season started... someone told you the Bills would be 3-3 wouldn't you have thought that sounded right? At most 4-2.

WGR is completely horrible. The Bills rallied and saved their season. This is possibly the worst post game show in NFL it's just a Sunday evening version of their bad weekday show. In the end it's about wins and losses. If you are areal fan you know the Bills won today.

Bullfrog just let the world know that the 4-2 Cardinals are no good, thus making the Bills win completely unimportant in his eyes.