It's TJ time

Yep. I don't care if TJ has been running the scout team. Our starter can't connect on a pass beyond 10 yards. It's ridiculous.

..... by the way, why in the blue hell hasn't TJ started to take reps with the second team? It's not like Fitz ever gets taken out.

Beyond 10 yards? There were a couple inside 5 he missed. This game shouldn't have been close at all. Our wideouts were burning their dbs all game.

I think Chans just stashing TJ on the squad so that we don't have to pay Seatle a 6th round pick. But... After today and the last few combined with it all, I don't think Chan can sit comfortably knowing he could lose his job if he keeps Fitz in the game. The descision should be made. I'm guessing Fitz gets in this coming week against Tenn but with a bye after that, if he faulters again, TJ will start the week after the bye week.

agreed. if we had lost this game, i think gailey would have been more pressured to bench fitz. as it stands, fitz has bought himself some time. TJ cannot have played much worse then what we saw today. and the team's WR's and defense have got to be low on morale with the QB play

I like fitz but need a damn starting qb that will try to complete a pass more than five yards. Time to simplify the offense for TJ the Amish noodle is done

I just noticed you live in Raleigh, where do you go to watch the games? I used to go to Buff brothers, then went to Blincos for a while, now I just go to a friends place most of the time.

Chan knows his job is on the line. TJ will soon get more reps in practice.

Fitz is only starting because of Chan's love, but I see a divorce coming.

What makes you think TJ is better? Honest question.

Just because Fitz is struggling doesn't mean TJ is the fix. Things would get worse you know.

I like fitz but need a damn starting qb that will try to complete a pass more than five yards. Time to simplify the offense for TJ the Amish noodle is done

What evidence do you have that TJax can complete a pass past 5 yards?

This post takes some of our more knowledgeable well written, well thought-out posts on this board to new levels.

"I heard of this guy, start 'em. Get 'er Done!"

This post takes some of our more knowledgeable well written, well thought-out posts on this board to new levels.

From what I've seen of Tavaris' play he has a very good arm.

He has been studying the playbook for almost two months now and you still have to simplify it for him? If that is the case, he isn't worth the effort.

From what I've seen of Tavaris' play he has a very good arm.

You must not have been watching game film. I'm not sure what you were watching.

Here are his stats from his last 8 games.

17/27 - 217 0TD 0INT

12/24 - 148 1TD 2INT

14/30 - 144 Yards 2TD 1 INT

13/16 - 190 1TD 0 INT

21/32 - 224 1TD 0 INT

10/23 - 111 1TD 3INT

15/28 163 1TD 0 INT

22/40 - 271 1TD 1INT

Ugly Stats and more importantly I watched a portion of these games and he looked ugly doing it.

obviously hes not a savior, or he wouldnt have bounced around and been available so cheaply etc....

but its not like the guy has no resume and we are just guessing that he has a decent arm. i just dont think hed be a huge upgrade, but physically hes a little more talented in my unprofessional opinion.

Edited by NoSaint

obviously hes not a savior, or he wouldnt have bounced around and been available so cheaply etc....

but its not like the guy has no resume and we are just guessing that he has a decent arm.

His resume is horrible is my point and he barely uses his arm.

Anyone suggesting he start is on another planet with no connection to reality.

I am over Fitz. He has proved without a shadow of a doubt that he is not a starter in the NFL, a good backup QB, but not a starter.

TJax has proven without a shadow of a doubt that he should not ever play QB ever again for any NFL team ever. He is horrible.

Its a joke this horrible franchise traded for another retread, one that is clearly a waste of roster space.

On top of that, it is outrageous that silly, clueless people that want him to Start!

Edited by Why So Serious?

agreed. if we had lost this game, i think gailey would have been more pressured to bench fitz. as it stands, THE TEAM BOUGHT FITZ SOME TIME fitz has bought himself some time. TJ cannot have played much worse then what we saw today. and the team's WR's and defense have got to be low on morale with the QB play

Byrd saved Fitz's butt for at least another week. I have no idea how TJ has looked in practice - I'm not a big fan of his prior work.

Burns me up they didn't take a flier on some of the young QB talent out there. How sweet would 3rd rounder Russell Wilson look right now? Heck, I'd take Kirk Cousins (4th round).

Edited by BobChalmers

i think the flipside is that fitz has been similarly uninspiring. i dont think that either are long term answers. i think those screaming for TJ would be disappointed too, but i cant fault them for wanting to give him a shot at this point. he is physically gifted, even if he hasnt made good use of those gifts yet.

i think the flipside is that fitz has been similarly uninspiring. i dont think that either are long term answers. i think those screaming for TJ would be disappointed too, but i cant fault them for wanting to give him a shot at this point. he is physically gifted, even if he hasnt made good use of those gifts yet.

I'd rather we converted TJax to WR. Secretly I'm hoping that is what we have been doing the last 6 weeks.

You must not have been watching game film. I'm not sure what you were watching.

Here are his stats from his last 8 games.

17/27 - 217 0TD 0INT

12/24 - 148 1TD 2INT

14/30 - 144 Yards 2TD 1 INT

13/16 - 190 1TD 0 INT

21/32 - 224 1TD 0 INT

10/23 - 111 1TD 3INT

15/28 163 1TD 0 INT

22/40 - 271 1TD 1INT

Ugly Stats and more importantly I watched a portion of these games and he looked ugly doing it.

I was just speaking from an arm strength aspect. He's got that. Some of fans here just love a QB with a rocket arm :thumbsup:

Anyone suggesting he start is on another planet with no connection to reality.

I am over Fitz. He has proved without a shadow of a doubt that he is not a starter in the NFL, a good backup QB, but not a starter.

TJax has proven without a shadow of a doubt that he should not ever play QB ever again for any NFL team ever. He is horrible.

Its a joke this horrible franchise traded for another retread, one that is clearly a waste of roster space.

On top of that, it is outrageous that silly, clueless people that want him to Start!

Here are two players career stats:

Player 1 (51 games) - 59.4% cmp, 7,075 yds, 38 tds, 35 ints (1.08 td/int)

Player 2 (64 games) - 59.1% cmp, 12,146 yds, 80 tds, 73 ints (1.09 td/int)

Got any guesses?

Player 1 is Jackson, Player 2 is Fitz.

At worst, Jackson is the same caliber player as Fitz. Why not give him a shot?

Got any guesses?

b/c in 13 more games, fitz has 42 more TD's? you do the math...same caliber :rolleyes:

Edited by bobobonators

What makes you think TJ is better? Honest question.

Just because Fitz is struggling doesn't mean TJ is the fix. Things would get worse you know.

Have you ever seen TJ play? I have, and feel very comfortable in saying he will be an upgrade to Ryan Fitz when he steps in. You will not look back on decision as he is a pretty accurate QB and very mobile. One of his biggest problems in Minn was he had a decent first year and had more trouble in year 2 as all new QB's seem to have in eyear2. Farve came in year 3-4 thus not giving him any time to develop. In SEA he had a new coach new system to learn and actually played decent. I think Chan, like he did with Edwards wants to give Fitz every chance to succeed, but he is missing open receivers.

I was being fair, the other poster wasn't by disregarding the huge TD disparity.

Yes 42 more T.D. in 13 games but also 38 more int in 13 games.

So Fitz cancels out his TD by throwing drive ending Int's. And sometimes game ending ones.

I know the back up QB is every fans favorite player, really i do. The coaches/FO has put themselves in this position. They have made moves/cuts to guys who were not producing. The players are watching the same games we are- Fitz is not producing.

Sorry but Gailey is the guy who made Kordell Stewart look good in Pitts. Gailey has experience working with mobile physically talented QB's.

Have you ever seen TJ play? I have, and feel very comfortable in saying he will be an upgrade to Ryan Fitz when he steps in. You will not look back on decision as he is a pretty accurate QB and very mobile. One of his biggest problems in Minn was he had a decent first year and had more trouble in year 2 as all new QB's seem to have in eyear2. Farve came in year 3-4 thus not giving him any time to develop. In SEA he had a new coach new system to learn and actually played decent. I think Chan, like he did with Edwards wants to give Fitz every chance to succeed, but he is missing open receivers.

instead of making excuses for other players, why not rally behind a player and a team that is 3-3 and tied for 1st? the grass is eternally greener..

T Jax would be the shot in the arm this team needs. We are obviously under performing and its blatently the QB that is holding us back above ALL else.

New QBs can bring jolts to teams, it happens every year. We need to give him a shot, he really couldnt do worse.

Got any guesses?

I'm not of the mindset to take a step sidewise and very likely backward when the team is still in a viable position to win the division.

If you want to give TJax a shot and treat the regular season like the preseason and see what you got, you do that after you're eliminated from the playoffs.

If there were any reason to believe there might be an improvement than maybe you switch but there is no logical reason to belive TJax gives you an improvement.

Yes 42 more T.D. in 13 games but also 38 more int in 13 games.

So Fitz cancels out his TD by throwing drive ending Int's. And sometimes game ending ones.

I know the back up QB is every fans favorite player, really i do. The coaches/FO has put themselves in this position. They have made moves/cuts to guys who were not producing. The players are watching the same games we are- Fitz is not producing.

Sorry but Gailey is the guy who made Kordell Stewart look good in Pitts. Gailey has experience working with mobile physically talented QB's.

An INT does not cancel out a TD. A TD is an automatic 6 points whereas an INT is an automatic 0 points. That's what the defense is paid millions and millions of dollars to do: stop the opponent. The offense is paid to score...it's really that simple.

I'm not of the mindset to take a step sidewise and very likely backward when the team is still in a viable position to win the division.

If you want to give TJax a shot and treat the regular season like the preseason and see what you got, you do that after you're eliminated from the playoffs.

If there were any reason to believe there might be an improvement than maybe you switch but there is no logical reason to belive TJax gives you an improvement.

Exactly. 3-3 and tied for 1st in the division and people want the 3rd string QB to become starter. How about we work on Jackson making it to second string on the depth chart first? :rolleyes:

He is not, nor ever has been any accurate QB by any measurement or by an eyeball test.

You are completely incorrect. I doubt you have actually watched him play.

It is an outright lie to make that statement.